Mamie Eisenhowers Million Dollar Fudge

faith

DIS Veteran
Caught part of the making of this on the food network yesterday. Has anyone made it? Is it as delicious as it looked? Thanks!

Is this cooked fudge or the easier type? I love real cooked fudge. I'll look for the recipe for you.

MAMIE EISENHOWER'S FAVORITE FUDGE

This is also known as White House Fudge, Mamie's Fudge, Mrs. Eisenhower's Fudge, Million Dollar Fudge and Mamie's Million Dollar Fudge.

1 2/3 C. evaporated milk
4 C. sugar
2 T. butter
2 C. semisweet chocolate pieces
3 (4 oz.) bars sweet cooking chocolate
1 pt. marshmallow creme
2 C. chopped pecans
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine milk, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to a vigorous boil, stirring often; then reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes.

Meanwhile place remaining ingredients (except pecans) in a large bowl. Gradually pour boiling syrup over the chocolate-marshmallow mixture and beat until chocolate is melted. Stir in nuts. Pour into buttered pans and store in a cool place several hours to harden before cutting in squares.

also found. . .

MILLION DOLLAR FUDGE

6 oz. semisweet chocolate
12 oz. German sweet chocolate
1 C. marshmallow crème
2 C. sugar
1 T. butter
3/4 C. evaporated milk
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. chopped nuts

Put semisweet chocolate, sweet chocolate and marshmallow crème into a bowl. Put sugar, butter and evaporated milk into a saucepan. Set over low heat and bring gradually to the boiling point. Boil 6 minutes.

Pour over the chocolate mixture and add salt and vanilla extract. Beat until the chocolate melts. Stir in nuts. Spread in a lightly buttered 12 x 8-inch pan. Let stand a few hours before cutting in squares. Store in a tin box. Makes about 3 pounds.

Thanks for posting MerryP! It was a cooked fudge, atleast the sugar, butter,salt and milk. Your first recipe (Mamie Eisenhower's Favorite fudge) sounds exactly like the one they did. I tried to find it but no success, so thanks for putting the complete recipe on here. Your second one calls for vanilla the TV one had none. I am trying so hard not to make this yet...I know I would eat it before Christmas if I do.:)

Here's the one I copied from the food network the day of the show...

:)

Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge

Recipe courtesy American Century Cookbook

4 1/2 cups sugar
Pinch salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1 pint (1 jar) marshmallow cream
12 ounces semisweet chocolate
12 ounces German’s sweet chocolate
In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, salt, butter and evaporated milk to a boil. Boil for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, place the pecans, marshmallow fluff and chocolate in a large bowl. Pour the boiled syrup over the chocolate mixture. Beat until chocolate is all melted. Spray a 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 1-inch jelly-roll pan with a nonstick cooking spray and pour fudge into pan. Let harden at room temperature before cutting into 1-inch squares (can be placed in the refrigerator or freezer to speed hardening process).

Yield: 4 pounds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter