Mama Melrose's vs Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Dinner pkg

Lisa Warner

Forever Disney
Going in January for the first time on dining plan. I currently have a Fantasmic reservation made at Mama Melrose's and H&V. I'm not sure which one to keep. We have never eaten MM and it's been about ten years since we ate at H&V. I know the menu for H&V but how is this handled at MM? Are there only certain entrees and desserts to pick from or can you pick from the menu. Yeah sad about losing an appetizer in 2018. Is the food quality better at one or the other? Portion sizes at MM? Is it enough food without the appetizer? We could do Brown Derby but then we would have to give up another reservation to get the extra credit and not sure if it is worth it.

Going in January for the first time on dining plan. I currently have a Fantasmic reservation made at Mama Melrose's and H&V. I'm not sure which one to keep. We have never eaten MM and it's been about ten years since we ate at H&V. I know the menu for H&V but how is this handled at MM? Are there only certain entrees and desserts to pick from or can you pick from the menu. Yeah sad about losing an appetizer in 2018. Is the food quality better at one or the other? Portion sizes at MM? Is it enough food without the appetizer? We could do Brown Derby but then we would have to give up another reservation to get the extra credit and not sure if it is worth it.

If MM continues with what they've done in the past, your entrée can be anything on the menu, but they bring a dessert sampler to the table. With the loss of the app, they COULD go back to letting you choose dessert, but we won't know until YOU go in January. If you do keep the MM, please come back and tell us what happens there.

We enjoyed MM and then entrees are definitely large enough to fill you without the app.

H&V is a character meal, so if that is important, you may want to keep that one.

H&V is not as relaxing environment, and if you ask me they have a hard time keeping up with cleanliness at this very busy buffet.
I'd hands down say MM food is better.

We did H&V last week. Had the best time yes it is noisy but our waiter, Corey,was tremndous! My son lost his tooth and the made a huge deal out of it. Had Mickey come by and give him a second hug and gave him a little surprise. It was the hi light of our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!