making your own shirts.... whats ok and whats not?

harleymickey

Mouseketeer
I have read where some people make up their own shirts to be noticed in hope to be picked for
Grand Marshal at MK, etc.

What is allowed by Disney in order not to get in trouble? What kind of design do people do?

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, just curious....

harleymickey, I don't know how your shirt can be noticed... but If you don't want to get into trouble... ALWAYS print the "(C) DISNEY" logo on the shirt...:)

That wasn't a stupid question harleymickey -
I didn't know about the Grand Marshal thing - but I was thinking of making a shirt for my Dec 1st visit.
The (C)Disney thing was a good tip, 'cause I didn't even think about doing something wrong/illegal?

What kind of designs? Actually I don't know if my idea will work or not. I've been getting out some old pictures and scanning them. I thought I'd try some of that special paper for the printer where you can make a T-shirt transfer. It'll be fun to try anyway.

Thanks guys!

we made t-shirts a few years ago. we scanned pic's then printed them on transfer paper and ironed them on to our shirts. they came out great, but the image faded BADLEY the 1st time they were washed. :(

I made us Mousekeeter shirts for the MNSSHP this year and the CM's loved them! They noticed! I used the Mousekeeter logo with our names above it. Also, printed Mousekeeter on the back. Some CM's sang to us (M -I-C-K-E-Y....) It was great. No problems with anything!

Any time you use heat transfer paper, read the washing directions carefully. Some are not made to be washed. Obviously, you shouldn't use those on shirts. The ones you can wash cannot be wet for long. As soon as the machine is done, get them in the dryer right away. For the best color while you're there, wash the shirts, do the transfer, and then don't iron them until after you wear them at WDW.

(I work at a crafting magazine and we do these all the time.)

We have done reunion t-shirts for a few years now and from what I understand you can pretty much do whatever you like.... as long as you don't plan to sell Disney (or any copyright) reproductions.

Have fun!
TJ

Thanks guys for the info! I have 2 friends that are going to MVMCP for the first time this year
and want to surprise them with a fun shirt saying its their first. No intention to go past us 3 and to
ever sell them. I'm definately not into that kind of trouble.

I just heard about various people making up their "own shirts" and didn't know if they frowned upon it.
Thanks.

One important thing I forgot to add. Make SURE you click the transfer button in your printer setting. I forgot on one. I ironed it on and was so proud of myself (the Mousekeeter shirts). I thought it looked strange then realized the name was backwards! Had to buy another shirt.

As someone else said, as long as it is for personal use you can do whatever you want on your shirt. We are going to rubberstamp shirts for one day for our visit. There will be 7 of us in matching shirts with Mickey ear rubberstamp art on them.

I'd never heard that your shirts would get you noticed for GM, but they do get noticed by CM's. We always try to match so that we can keep up with each other. We know that on Monday we are all going to be wearing red shirts. On Tuesday we all have on tie dye. On Wednesday matching orange shirts, etc. So many times we have been told while standing in queue, "The Red FAmily is next" or "The Hippie family will be seated next." Sort of fun. Plus if someone gets lost you can always say, "They are dressed like me."

Have fun and let us know what you end up doing!

:earsgirl:

We will be in WDW dec 11th to the 21st i am so excited me and my sister are going she said her shirt should say im with a disney addict and i told her my shirt would say im with stupid lol hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter