Making reservation for two rooms

KandyM

DIS Veteran
This might be a silly question but if I need two rooms do I make two separate reservations and then try to link them or is there a way to ask for two rooms within a single reservation?

I’ll have four adults and one child so we need two rooms or possibly a suite (not 100% decided). If we go with two rooms, i’d want both in my name since the other adults are my adult children. Seems like there should be a way to request two rooms but I am not seeing it if there is.

When I reserve two rooms, I list one of the rooms in my adult daughter's name. However, I personally pay for the reservations with the same credit card. It is processed for each reservation separately though. The rooms are linked together so that I have access to both reservations on my MDE. You'll have to list who will be staying in each room when you make the reservations.

Just to add, I've always called to make reservations and never had a problem with reserving both rooms.

This might be a silly question but if I need two rooms do I make two separate reservations and then try to link them or is there a way to ask for two rooms within a single reservation?

I’ll have four adults and one child so we need two rooms or possibly a suite (not 100% decided). If we go with two rooms, i’d want both in my name since the other adults are my adult children. Seems like there should be a way to request two rooms but I am not seeing it if there is.
We reserved two rooms under one reservation but we had to call in order to do it. Our rooms were linked and had connecting doors. Both rooms were under my name and everyone was in both rooms. All of our MBs worked for both doors

You will have two separate reservation numbers. Just ask to have the reservation number of the other reservation added to each reservation and the words "traveling with".

I booked 2 rooms with my MDE account online, at one resort, no problems. No one else in my family has an MDE account so I was the only one that could do it.
I was lead guest on both, listed in both rooms as at some point during the trip I was staying in both rooms.
Ours were,
1 room, Me, DD, DGD, room for 6 nights
1 room, Me, DH, room for 4 nights
Called and had them do the traveling with thing for the reservations
I put notes referencing the other reservation when I did my Touring Plans room request
Requested, and got, connecting rooms
When we checked in I explained what we were doing, and why.
They had my MB set to open the room that I was in with DH for the time he was there.
When he left, and we checked out of that room, my band was set to open the other room for the rest of the trip.
I never called and asked anyone about booking that way, I just did it online by myself.
When you book, there is a place to tell them you have a party you are traveling with too. Along with if you want to request connecting doors
Capture_16.jpg

Last edited:
If you call they will be able to get you 2 rooms in 1 reservation under your name. I have done this in the past - have fun

AngITN, thanks for showing this screen shot. When does this pop up? When I try to make a reservation for my family of five with four adults it will not let me go any farther on rooms that only sleep four?

AngITN, thanks for showing this screen shot. When does this pop up? When I try to make a reservation for my family of five with four adults it will not let me go any farther on rooms that only sleep four?
It never pops up. If you can see the screen underneath, it's a place you click on that page. In the heading
Room and Amenity Requests
It's just above the item #2, that link you see under there is clickable.

? I'm confused by this part. You can't put 5 in a room that sleeps 4

Unless the fifth person is a child under age 3, you won't be able to book five persons in a room that sleeps four. You'd have to book two rooms, and if you're booking online, you need to book them separately. After you have booked two rooms, you can designate the rooms as traveling together, and request connecting rooms, if you want them.

Unless the fifth person is a child under age 3, you won't be able to book five persons in a room that sleeps four. You'd have to book two rooms, and if you're booking online, you need to book them separately. After you have booked two rooms, you can designate the rooms as traveling together, and request connecting rooms, if you want them.
Right. In my case above I
selected, and checked out, 1 room with me, DD and DGD
Went back and
selected, and checked out, 1 room with me and DH
As you go through the check out process, when you get to the screen where you assign the names to the room, you can click the above link and enter the request for connecting rooms, and the name of the Traveling with party, if you wish.
I also called to add the request and included it in the notes with my Touring Plan fax.
A connecting room was my ONLY request. I made note of this on Touring Plans fax too.

When I try to make a reservation for my family of five with four adults it will not let me go any farther on rooms that only sleep four?
As long as you have to call in to reservations to have the rooms linked, you might as well save yourself a lot of trouble and just call in to make the reservations in the first place. It is much better to have two rooms on one reservations than to have two reservations and hope that the rooms are near each other.

This was the first time we had two rooms under one reservation number and it worked out great. :)

So you did two separate reservations then. I guess that is the only way to do it. Some hotel chains have an actual choice where you can select how many rooms you want but looks like Disney doesn’t. Thanks everyone.

Right. In my case above I
selected, and checked out, 1 room with me, DD and DGD
Went back and
selected, and checked out, 1 room with me and DH
As you go through the check out process, when you get to the screen where you assign the names to the room, you can click the above link and enter the request for connecting rooms, and the name of the Traveling with party, if you wish.
I also called to add the request and included it in the notes with my Touring Plan fax.
A connecting room was my ONLY request. I made note of this on Touring Plans fax too.
Thanks again. I totally get it now.

I just did this a few weeks ago. Our family of 4 rents to rooms. My husband and myself in one and our children in the other. Before my daughter turned 18 both rooms were in my name. Since she is an adult this trip, the other room is in her name. According to the CM that I was talking to, since the second room will most definitely have an adult in it, my name can not be on both reservations. And it was a $200 deposit for each room.

So you did two separate reservations then. I guess that is the only way to do it. Some hotel chains have an actual choice where you can select how many rooms you want but looks like Disney doesn’t. Thanks everyone.
Right, 2 separate room reservations, 1 MDE account

I just did this a few weeks ago. Our family of 4 rents to rooms. My husband and myself in one and our children in the other. Before my daughter turned 18 both rooms were in my name. Since she is an adult this trip, the other room is in her name. According to the CM that I was talking to, since the second room will most definitely have an adult in it, my name can not be on both reservations. And it was a $200 deposit for each room.
It's funny how any CM you ask will say that yet that is not how it works if you just don't ask and do it yourself. I didn't see any point in asking them how to do it since MDE let me do it.
We don't do packages, just room only so our deposit was 1 night for each room. In our case, less than $200 each

Right, 2 separate room reservations, 1 MDE account

It's funny how any CM you ask will say that yet that is not how it works if you just don't ask and do it yourself. I didn't see any point in asking them how to do it since MDE let me do it.
We don't do packages, just room only so our deposit was 1 night for each room. In our case, less than $200 each
Wouldn't I have to put two separate names on the reservations making it two deposits anyway? We book packages.

They don't make it easy, but even in two years time they've made it slightly better.

I much prefer two rooms over a suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!