Making Dining Reservations for others?

Caumann

Earning My Ears
Headed to DLR in January. We're a family group- my parents, brother+ gf, and my husband & Kids. I am going to buy my brother a Fantasmic dining package for Christmas. Is there anyway I can make that reservation for him? Or does it have to be made under his account? Thanks!

I would say that you can make the reservation for him. Whenever I've gone, they only ask for the name (and sometimes party size and time) when you check-in. The only major drawbacks that I can think of are: 1) you'll be on the hook for the no show fee if he doesn't honor the reservation and 2) it might preclude you from making a reservation for yourself during that same time (you cannot have more than one reservation within some amount of time of each other).

So the fantasmic fastpass doesn't need to be connected to his tickets? I already have a reso, I could just increase the guests.

If your brother and gf already have tickets to the park, then you are more than able to increase your guests since you already have a reso.

So the fantasmic fastpass doesn't need to be connected to his tickets? I already have a reso, I could just increase the guests.
The F! dining package FPs are not tied to any specific guest's ticket. They'll give you a paper FP at the end of the meal and you'll use that to enter the dining package viewing area. You can try to increase the number of guests on your existing reservation, but it all depends on what is available. Given that F! goes to weekends only in January (and may not be offered towards the latter half of the month), I would try to make this change as soon as possible.

The F! dining package FPs are not tied to any specific guest's ticket. They'll give you a paper FP at the end of the meal and you'll use that to enter the dining package viewing area. You can try to increase the number of guests on your existing reservation, but it all depends on what is available. Given that F! goes to weekends only in January (and may not be offered towards the latter half of the month), I would try to make this change as soon as possible.
Thanks - that was exactly the info I was looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!