Making a room request

DVC_HK

Mouseketeer
So I was looking at touring plans just to get an idea of what they think the crowds will be on our trip and I saw a room request tab. Does DVC see those requests or is it okay when I was talking to member services I told them my request? These are still requests but we have been lucky with ours getting granted here and there

I have used both. I definitely recommend putting in your request with MS, keeping in mind this is a "request". Touring plans is my back-up. They will fax your location request thirty days before arrival. Honesty, I don't know if anyone reads the fax or not but figure it can't hurt.

At least twice in the last several years, via the membership "magazine," member services has requested that members NOT send room request faxes, even going so far as to suggest they were thrown away without being read. They said the proper way to make requests is through Member Services.

I have used both. I definitely recommend putting in your request with MS, keeping in mind this is a "request". Touring plans is my back-up. They will fax your location request thirty days before arrival. Honesty, I don't know if anyone reads the fax or not but figure it can't hurt.
Thank you! I figure it can't hurt as we have lake view at the poly and I'm just trying to avoid having a view of just a bungalow

At least twice in the last several years, via the membership "magazine," member services has requested that member NOT send room request faxes, even going so far as to suggest they were thrown away without being read. They said the proper way to make requests is through Member Services.
Okay well then we are set if that is the proper way to do things. Thank you!

At least twice in the last several years, via the membership "magazine," member services has requested that members NOT send room request faxes, even going so far as to suggest they were thrown away without being read. They said the proper way to make requests is through Member Services.

Thanks, good to know. Always learning something new.

Thank you! I figure it can't hurt as we have lake view at the poly and I'm just trying to avoid having a view of just a bungalow

I have had a view of just the bungalows. It is a bummer. Ended up on the second floor last time and it was amazing. Good luck to you! In my opinion, the 1st floor shouldn't cost the same # of points as the second and third. I understand you can see the lake, but seriously?

I have had a view of just the bungalows. It is a bummer. Ended up on the second floor last time and it was amazing. Good luck to you! In my opinion, the 1st floor shouldn't cost the same # of points as the second and third. I understand you can see the lake, but seriously?
Absolutely agree! They need to call those bungalow view and the other two floors theme park view IMO and price the points out that way

All rooms on the 1st floor of Poly should be standard view IMO. I just had a SV room at BLT, and we could see MK and the lake if you looked straight out/up, and the parking lot/outdoor laundry collecting area if you looked down and to the left. The parking lot/laundry area is what took it out of LV I would guess. I get that the bungalows aren’t as “disruptive” to your view as the parking lot/laundry area, but they do obstruct your view of the lake. I don’t own there, but if I did, I would submit that as feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter