Makeover of Tomorrowland?

Polybound

Mouseketeer
It really is bad from top to bottom:
Stitch - Horrible attraction;
Buzz - Way outdated, can't even see what you're shooting at. Nothing but a bunch of black lights;
Comedy show - Complete waist of prime real estate;
Carousel of Progress - No comment even needed here;
Indy Speedway - Besides the hole in the Ozone and carcinogens from all of the smoke - Needs a major upgrade in technology;
Space Mountain - Disney refurbed Space Mt. several years ago and they might as well have done nothing at all. It still breaks down ALL of the time. Disneyland refurbed their Space Mt. at the same time and they created a great attraction. WDW pretty much just put on a low budget coat of paint.

I know they're concentrating on DHS now, but to us, it's become a major waist of time.

Last edited:
Stitch’s Great Escape is closed (edited to add: correction! Open seasonally.)
Disagree about Buzz, Monsters Inc.
Agree that the Speedway could use an upgrade.
Love Carousel of Progress - must-do every trip, although the last scene could use an update :)
I also wish Space Mountain was like Disneyland’s.

Well, Tron is on the way, so Tomorrowland isn’t being ignored at all. That’s going to be major.

Last edited:
I would love to see our Speedway more like Disneyland's. Much more fun. Love Buzz, love Carousel too!

Stitch’s Great Escape is closed.
Disagree about Buzz, Monsters Inc.
Agree that the Speedway could use an upgrade.
Love Carousel of Progress - must-do every trip, although the last scene could use an update :)
I also wish Space Mountain was like Disneyland’s.

Well, Tron is on the way, so Tomorrowland isn’t being ignored at all. That’s going to be major.

Just have a sneaking feeling that Tron's going to be another FOP warmed over.

I assume they hoped to
overhaul the land around the Tomorrowland movie, but when it flopped ended up focusing elsewhere. No?

I can't believe the OP didn't also throw in the slow-loading Astro-Orbiter, the temperamental scenic route that is the People Mover, and the interminable wait for bad food at Cosmic Rays.

In actuality, Tomorrowland is one of my favorites and mostly consistent as a theme (same can't be said of DL's Tomorrowland). It has its problems - and I'm the first to admit I hate-watch Stitch - but I don't feel it's that much worse than the other lands, which all have some weak points.

As for Tron, I'm not quite sure how an indoor/outdoor rollercoaster is comparable to FoP. Completely different by all accounts. But if someone is determined not to like anything in Tomorrowland, I guess it doesn't make much difference.

COP is a Walt classic!!! This is one I don't want to change..,
Not a fan of Buzz
MY DH loves Monsters Inc Show
Stitch is a ridiculous waste to me..
Now I worked in Tomorrowland in 2014 my rides I worked were Buzz, COP and Monsters and I can tell you Buzz is very popular for some reason.. COP was mainly mistaken for Atro or TTA, people would go in the theater and turn right around..
I personally am not a Monsters fan after working the attraction but ppl do love it

I think the whole theme of tomorrowland is suppose to be a funky retro what we believed the future would be back in the 70s/80s not what we NOW think the future would be..

I think Tomorrowland is just fine really, but could use some sprucing up. What I would do:
  • Replace Stitch with anything really - Wreck It Ralph was rumored and could be a good choice. I used to want a TRON thing here, but, well, we're getting Tron Lightcycle Power Run, so that's good.
  • Change the Speedway to use electric vehicles and "future up" the landscaping a bit.
  • Buzz could use an upgrade, but it would basically be the same ride. Replace the guns with the DL style ones that you can hold.
That's about it. Maybe spruce up a couple of scenes on the People Mover and maybe revamp the final scene of the CoP (though I have actually grown to like it over the years). I guess in all of MK, Tomorrowland needs the most love at this moment, but it's not in too bad a shape really.

I really dig the kitschy "this is what we think the future looks like" feel of the land.

Personally, PeopleMover is my favorite and I've been really disappointed to not ride it the past two trips. Buzz is fun. It's old, but nothing bad.

Agree on Tomorrowland Speedway. I'd love to see them refurb this with Teslas or maybe turn it into a Hot Wheels kind of thing. Imagine kids getting to build their own cars, similar to Test Track (which most kids can't go on), and have it be a learning experience. Something nice like "you can build tomorrow!"

For food, I'd love to see them create some futuristic dishes. It'd be cool to do something similar to Satuli Canteen with futuristic burgers and florescent food. Maybe do a play on astronaut food?

I can't believe the OP didn't also throw in the slow-loading Astro-Orbiter, the temperamental scenic route that is the People Mover, and the interminable wait for bad food at Cosmic Rays.

Somehow I am always eating at Cosmic Rays at the same time EVERY SINGLE TRIP. I need a new touring strategy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter