Make your own Window Clings Tutorial

That's very smart! Great Idea! I'm glad I saw this today.

Your Window cling is beautiful and Congrats on your upcoming wedding!:goodvibes

Just wanted to chime in here.

I followed these instructions when making window clings for our upcoming wedding. When we spray painted the designs, the colors ran making the words impossible to read and smearing the design.

SO, we came up with a better idea, that didnt involve spray paint at all.

We bought full sheet mailing labels. So we printed out our clings on the window cling paper (again, reversing image) and then put the full sheet label right over what we had just printed. The brand we bought, the adhesive they use is a little grayish, so even though the mailing label itself is white, you are actually using the back of the mailing label (with the adhesive) as your background for the window cling. Then we just cut them down to the proper size.

All our guests will have to do is peel off the protective coating from the front of the window cling and pop it in thier window.:thumbsup2
Our test one is still hanging on our sliding glass door - been there over 3 weeks now, so it definitely sticks well!

window_cling.jpg

Another option if you are capable of changing color on the disign is to change the color of what is white in the design to a shade just slightly off from white. That will make your printer print the area. You can choose a color that is so close to white than the naked eye can't distinguish it.

Ok, so I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Office Max, Target, etc.... no one knows what I am talking about when I ask for "where is the window cling transparancies?" I then go on to explain that all you have to do is print your design from the computer and yada yada yada.. But everyone looked at me like I was crazy. So, please help. Where can I find the sheets at?

Ok, so I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Office Max, Target, etc.... no one knows what I am talking about when I ask for "where is the window cling transparancies?" I then go on to explain that all you have to do is print your design from the computer and yada yada yada.. But everyone looked at me like I was crazy. So, please help. Where can I find the sheets at?

I was able to buy mine at Michaels - but here is a link to the brand I used, which you can buy online thru the site:

http://www.theroyalstore.com/index.php?cat=41&p=33

bumping - saw some questions about making window clings...

Thank you for bumping! The label sheet is a GREAT idea instead of spray paint, I wonder if I could just use contact paper??? The sticky side of contact paper is white, right??? Can't wait to do this for our trip...I have plenty of time, luckily! ;)

Hi! Just wanted to let you all know that Michael's had the window clings on clearance - I got the pack of 5 for 7.99. My fear is that this means they won't be carrying them anymore. They were in the art section above the posterboard in my local store.

This will be my first attempt at window clings - I can't wait!:cool1:

Wonderful idea! I'm adding this to my bag of ideas! Hopefully the clings don't leave residue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!