Make your kids walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToontownUnfair

Earning My Ears
Strollers are everywhere these days, and anymore they are the size of a Conestoga wagon filled to the brim with diabetes inducing treats to keep little Jimmy and Sally going throughout the day. Instead of being pushed in a stroller make them walk! When I was 5 I was walking around Disney World without a stroller. It saves space on the sidewalks for everyone and can be a great way to burn extra calories so you can afford to eat those Mickey pancakes covered in syrup.

Strollers are everywhere these days, and anymore they are the size of a Conestoga wagon filled to the brim with diabetes inducing treats to keep little Jimmy and Sally going throughout the day. Instead of being pushed in a stroller make them walk! When I was 5 I was walking around Disney World without a stroller. It saves space on the sidewalks for everyone and can be a great way to burn extra calories so you can afford to eat those Mickey pancakes covered in syrup.
Arent conestoga wagons banned now though? Anyway, for the most part I do agree with you. Strollers are EVERYWHERE. It can be a bit annoying. Although at the same time, i understand that disney involves A TON of walking. That can be too much (in the heat) for kids. I feel for them.

My boys were walking around Disneyland and Disney World age 4 and 5. Yes, for disabilities that are visible and not I understand the strollers. A perfectly healthy child by 5 should be able to walk. Take breaks and slowly enjoy the parks ! It sad seeing people ask if they should rent for their children who are 7, 8 and 9. It’s sad seeing those same kids riding in grocery carts playing on iPad or cell phone.

Disney is a lot of walking and a vacation. Most of those kids you see sitting or eating treats don't do that on a daily basis. My oldest was four last time we went and he walked a lot but at the end of the day he was worn out and needed the stroller.

Absolutely. DD was permanently out of the stroller by preschool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!