Make ADRs on Tuesday... Good plan of attack?

acebatonfan

VMKer at heart
It's been over five years since I went to Disney, and this is the first time doing all the planning by myself (though I did FP+ for the family last time we went and scored the elusive Anna and Elsa :love1:). I'm doing a trip with a long-time friend I met on Virtual Magic Kingdom back when that was open. We found out not too long ago that we live close to each other, dated for a while, but now going as friends (I don't think we'll be back together in September with the way things are going). This is his first time going to Disney in 12-13 years, and he is helpless with any sort of planning or figuring out what he wants. I'm also planning for a worst-case scenario for if he bails out on me at the last minute and I do a solo trip or invite a family member.

So for some details. We have 8 day PH tickets with the regular DDP. We will be going Sept 22-29. We both don't care for HS (avoiding it like the plague with SWGE opening), and he just wants one day at AK to explore. Most of our days will be between MK and EP. Much to his dismay, we are going during food and wine (my two favorite things!!!).

I am scheduled to make ADRs on Tuesday, but I have a little road block. I work as an RN and am scheduled to work 0645-1915 that day at a minimum. I am keeping all my ideas for ADRs and general scheduling stuff on an excel spreadsheet. For each restaurant, I listed out my priority for when I need to make it in case I don't have time heading into work to make all the ADRs (don't we start making reservations starting at 6AM?). Right now the big ones are BOG, California Grill (ideally around fireworks time), and possibly Crystal Palace or another early morning MK ADR before park drop.it is

So what I'm asking is to see if I got a good idea of how difficult is to make ADRs for the restaurants I want and if my priorities match roughly what ADRs I need to make as soon as that window opens.
55458236_2587383718002935_6438469792784449536_n.jpg

BOG will be the toughest. CG at fireworks next. And then start on your early breakfasts before parks opens. To be quite honest, after that you shouldn’t have any problem with any of the others even if a little past your 180 day opening if flexible with times. I don’t even think BOG for dinner or Cali Grill for fireworks for your dates will be an issue if you do those first.

I’m heading down Sept 9th-16th and here’s what I got at 6am when my 180 opened (yes it is 6am EST) :)

9th Morimoto Asia 7:30pm Open Table
10th Tusker House 10:30am Jiko 5:45pm
11th Crystal Palace 8:25am BOG 7:30pm
12th Ohana 7:30am Cali Grill 7:45pm
13th Garden Grill 8:30am LeCellier 5:45pm
14th H&V 8:05am Ohana 7:30pm
15th Tusker House 8:05am Yachtsman 5:15

Your best bet though is to start with later dates towards the end of your trip first for Cali and BOG if your aren’t finding anything in the earlier dates when you go on. Let me know how it goes but I think you will get everything you want for your trip.

Yes BOG will be the toughest but you are going when there are smaller crowds if ther is such a thing and there are only two of you. It may be a late night reservation, 9 - 10 pm. If you do not get it at first keep trying, reservations sometimes come open as people’s plans are always changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts