Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

We will be heading for Walt Disney World for Samuel's Make A Wish Trip on July 10, 2017.
We will be staying at the Give Kids the World, and will depart for home on July 17, 2017.
I will be doing a Pre/Post Trip Report. Link
Thank you, that is all.

My son Anakin volunteers came by yesterday! We don't know when we will go yet! Question... How long after the maw visit did you find out? They said it be a week or two!

My son Anakin volunteers came by yesterday! We don't know when we will go yet! Question... How long after the maw visit did you find out? They said it be a week or two!

TLDR: It was about 2 weeks between making the new request, and having dates. (Although we are still waiting for confirmations.)

It's hard to judge from our experience. You see, we first were approved by Make A Wish 2 years ago, when Samuel was 5, and had his heart set on a cruise -- he really wanted to go on a big boat. Unfortunately, the doctor couldn't approve travel for that, since there would be no easy access to hospitals. In fact, she said at the time "Now if he wanted to go to Disney World, I could approve him." Fast forward 2 years, and Sam, now 7, has discovered rides. And changed his wish to Disney World. We asked our Make A Wish rep if he could change his wish, and she said it was no problem. Something like 2 weeks later, we had our dates. Before MAW could process us, we had to fill out privacy request paperwork so the doctor could provide the travel approval. We also needed to provide information such as passports and driver's license. And we had to wait for the doctor to fill out the travel approval. For us, that's what took the longest time. So I guess our dates are still tentative, pending flights, but our rep didn't foresee any problems.

I'm told that if the trip is urgent in nature, everything is naturally sped up. I also read that GKTW is never 'full', and will always accommodate a wish.

Hope this helps!

We just got our dates - June 21-27, staying at GKTW. I am so excited! Our kids don't know yet; our wish-granter wants to surprise them this weekend.

We just got our dates - June 21-27, staying at GKTW. I am so excited! Our kids don't know yet; our wish-granter wants to surprise them this weekend.

Wonderful! I am sure your family will enjoy the visit to GKTW and central Florida. In additional to the parks make sure you explore all of the "little" things that GKTW offers to make your visit memorable.

Wishing your family a magical visit!

Wonderful! I am sure your family will enjoy the visit to GKTW and central Florida. In additional to the parks make sure you explore all of the "little" things that GKTW offers to make your visit memorable.

Wishing your family a magical visit!
Thanks; we are super excited! Especially about Universal and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Hi all,

Long time lurkers, first time poster. Please feel free to remove this if this isn't the right place. I'm posting because I am a former Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld Orlando employee (no, I didn't do that all on purpose, but when you are a college student you take any decent job you can find). Besides that, I also volunteered with Give Kids the World and Make-A-Wish. I recently moved away from Florida so I can't volunteer with my local MAW chapter, and with a new job and new everything I don't have time to dedicate to volunteer again in my new area. However, I would like to pay it forward here. If anyone has any questions about Make-A-Wish, Give Kids the World, or any of the theme parks (and how wish families are treated in the parks) please feel free to post it here or message me and I am more than willing to help in anyway I can. I know planning this trip can seem daunting but I promise it will be a great experience!

I started reading this and just wanted to let ya'll know - It looks like dream factory inc and texas wishing well websites are no longer available. I don't know if they have other sites, etc. (And I haven't read this thread, so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.. if it has, apologies!). Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Took all day to skim through these volumes of great info!

Looks like the chatter has slowed down a bit this past year but I have a quick question for any lurkers out there. It seem that extending the vacation at your own cost is hit or miss depending on the state you live in.
I couldn't find list of states that did or didn't allow this. We have our grantor interview in a couple weeks for 7 year old wish girl and she is defiantly going to pick to see all of the princesses at Disney world. However, she has never been to the ocean so we were going to try to stay a few days to enjoy the beach if we can.
We are from Minnesota and have no idea about extension. What states are all of you great people from and was the extensions allowed or not?

Thanks so much!

We went on my sons wish trip in October during the hurricane. We still have our wish lounge tickets and will be going back in a few weeks. Can I still use our lounge tickets?

Took all day to skim through these volumes of great info!

Looks like the chatter has slowed down a bit this past year but I have a quick question for any lurkers out there. It seem that extending the vacation at your own cost is hit or miss depending on the state you live in.
I couldn't find list of states that did or didn't allow this. We have our grantor interview in a couple weeks for 7 year old wish girl and she is defiantly going to pick to see all of the princesses at Disney world. However, she has never been to the ocean so we were going to try to stay a few days to enjoy the beach if we can.
We are from Minnesota and have no idea about extension. What states are all of you great people from and was the extensions allowed or not?

Thanks so much!

Make-A-Wish is broken into about 60 different chapters, and it's the chapter, not the state that makes the decision (ex, Florida has two chapters but Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana share a chapter). Either way, the decision to extend does rely on the chapter. The chapter I volunteered with would not allow extensions. When you talk to your wish granted ask them and they will let you know. Also, remember that your daughter doesn't have to make her decision the first time she meets the granters - she can take some time to think about it. If you can't extend, the closest beach is a two hour drive away, and you can take one of your days in Orlando and go back and forth.

This is Volume SIX of the Wish Trippers Community Thread!

First, Welcome to the WISH TRIPPERS thread!! :)

This thread is devoted to families that are planning and going on Wish Trips! This thread is designed to be a place where you can ask questions about your wish trips, get some information about wish trips and gain general support from some Mom's and Dad's that really understand what life with a special needs child is like.

If you are new to the DISboards - Welcome!!

If you are new, scroll down to post #2 on this thread (just below on this page) and you will find lots of information designed just for our new friends!

Frequently Asked Questions are answered below in POST 2!

We also welcome anyone else to the thread, too! Even you lurkers out there. ;)

The original thread can be found here: Wish Trippers...Unite! VOLUME ONE

And Volume TWO can be found here:
Wish Trippers ...Unite! VOLUME TWO

And Volume THREE can be found here:
Wish Trippers...Unite! Volume THREE

And Volume FOUR can be found here:
Wish Trippers...Unite! Volume FOUR

And Volume FIVE can be found here:
Wish Trippers...Unite! Volume FIVE

Wendygrace started this thread concept in 2007 to serve as a place where families planning Make-A-Wish trips could come and share stories, pictures, information, and just life! Thank you so much, Wendygrace, because many of us have become friends through your original thread!

So...let's keep the thread going...

Many of these families have chosen to write a trip report and you can find the links to many Wish Trip Reports right here: (This list includes many of the trips linked in Volumes One and beyond!!)

WE are HOME! Trip Reports!!

Amazing Grace's Wish Trip (links)-MAW/GKTW-Late June 04

Wendygrace's Wish Trip - MAW/GKTW - Late June 07 Great pictures, magical moments! The founder of this thread wrote this one!

5dwarves' Wish Trip - Magic Moments/GKTW-August 07 Uber planner! Live report from Disney! Followed by a day by day report with pictures!

LeeLee2U's Wish Trip - Texas Wishing Well/Beach Club - September 07 Note they stayed at the Beach Club (Texas Wishing Well Funded Trip). This trip report includes hints for wheelchairs (manual push chair)

Bill Lin's Wish Trip - MAW/GKTW - September 07 Good index! Has a wealth of advice for Wish Trippers that has been linked on this Wish Trippers Unite thread!

Who'syourMickey's Wish Trip-Dream Factory/GKTW - September 07 Dream Factory trip. Good index! Great allergies information! Good info re: GKTW villas. TR is unfinished, though.

iluvmickeymouse!'s Wish Trip-MAW/GKTW-Oct.23-31, 2007 Great TR! Lots of pics. Very detailed. Lots of character interaction. Complete with Photopass pics!

**** Update - I have been off the DIS for a while and am now actively looking for someone to pass this thread on to...Maybe a wish parent out there...or a Moderator on this board...or someone else that is interested in Wish Trips and has some time to organize these trips. If you are interested, please PM me! Thanks!! :)

Eeyore's Mom's Wish Trip - MAW/GKTW - Jan 18-25, 2008 Completed Trip Report to Day 3

Queenie122's Wish Trip-MAW/GKTW-May10-20, 2008 Done through first day

lotferg's Wish Trip-MAW/GKTW-May 19-24, 2008 About half finished

GoofyDoo's Wish Trip MAW/GKTW July 29-Aug 4, 08 ** FINISHED!

PatMcDuck's Wish Trip - DISNEYLAND - Aug 08 ** FINISHED!

HeatherN's Wish Trip August 2-8, 2008 ** FINISHED!

Robin+5's Wish Trip August 16-23 ** FINISHED!

laurenmama's Wish Trip Aug 19-25, 08 Pre-Trip Report, but no trip report

mistymouse5001's Trip Report MAW/GKTW Sept 5-11, 08 ** FINISHED

bigdisgrandma's Grandparent Trip Report Sept 10-16, 08 MAW/GKTW Extended Family Sept 10-16 Pre-Trip report, TR through day 2 (includes Christmas at GKTW)

NicoleDisneyFan's Wish Trip Sept. 22-27, 08 Done through Day 1

Maroo (Lauren) Wish Trip Report! Oct 3-9, 08 MAW/Contemporary Resort ** FINISHED!

hogansteph (Keyan) Wish Trip - Oct 15 - 20, 08 MAW/GKTW (Disboards thread) (See BLOG link below for Trip Report!)
hogansteph (Keyan) Wish Trip BLOG! Trip Starts Posting in October! ** FINISHED! TR is on their BLOG

duquette (Ethan) Wish Trip - Nov 1 - 7, 08 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

Lambflock's Wish Trip - Nov. 6-12 MAW/GKTW

oklamomof4boys' Wish Trip MAW Nov. 16-22, 08 ** FINISHED!

bex271 (Jonah) MAW/GKTW Nov 20-26, 08 :littleangel: Jonah Passed away March 13, 2009

zeppy68 (Ian) Wish Trip Nov 23-29, 08 MAW/GKTW

twinmum's (Mark) Trip Report Starlight Starbright Foundation of CANADA/GKTW Nov 08

khalana (Lydia) Wish Trip - Dec 5 - 12, 08 Rainbow Society of Canada/GKTW

AmberGreenawalt (Sebastian) Wish Trip - Dec 6-14, 08 MAW/GKTW

hotmamac's Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Dec.13-19,08

LuvGoing2Disney7's Wish Trip - Dec.17-23,08 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

OneBlessedFamily (Samuel) Wish Trip - Dec 17 - Jan 3 (08-09) MAW/GKTW

munch704 (Morgan) Wish Trip Jan 1 - 7, 09 Starlight/Embassy Suites!

iu97alum (Emily) Wish Trip - Jan 18 - 22, 09 MAW/CRUISE!

mom2lilnick (Nick) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Jan 19-25, 09

llurgy (Becca) Wish Trip Jan 21 - 27, 09 MAW/GKTW

camarks1234 (AJ) Wish Trip - Feb 1 - 5, 09 MAW/CRUISE!

mindymouse1 (Clint) Wish Trip Feb 9 - Feb 15, 2009 MAW/GKTW

macntosh (Mya) Wish Trip - Feb 21 - 28, 09 MAW/GKTW
Link to Trip Report: Mya Wish Trip Report ** FINISHED!

tinytreasures (Jason) Wish Trip - Feb 22 - 28, 09 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report Link: Jason's Wish Trip - the Trip Report! ** FINISHED!

LoveTheseKids (Kate) Wish Trip - Last week in Feb MAW/GKTW

ndloewen (Noah) Wish Trip End Feb - early March, 2009 Children's Wish Foundation :littleangel: Noah Passed away on July 29, 2009
Noah's Blog for Updates on Noah: http://www.noahgrantjohn.blogspot.com/
Noah's Blog for the TRIP REPORT! http://noahswishtrip.blogspot.com/

Muttshouse (Elsa) Wish Trip March 24 - 29 MAW/GKTW

dmbfan (Jakob) Wish Trip March 28 - April 3, 2009 MAW/GKTW (This is the pre-trip report)
Jake's Wish Trip - This is the TRIP REPORT! ** FINISHED!

Tamraj (Jessica) Wish Trip March 31 - April 5, 2009

BeckySob (Piper) Wish PRETrip April 9 - 15, 2009 MAW/GKTW
BeckySob (Piper) POST Trip Report! ** FINISHED! (but pictures are "inactive" - so no pictures)

queengonzo (Matthew) Wish Trip - April 18 - 24, 2009 MAW/GKTW
Matthew's Wish Trip Report - On their BLOG - GO TO APRIL 18, 2009 to see it. :) ** FINISHED on blog!

LittleWarriorsMom (Marenna) Wish Trip - April 23 - April 29, 2009 MAW/GKTW
LittleWarriorsMom (Marenna) Wish Trip REPORT! It started!!! ** FINISHED!

tbelfonti (Olivia) Wish Trip - April 27 - May 2 ** FINISHED!

WishMom09 (Caleb) Wish Trip - May 9 - May 15, 2009 ** FINISHED!

daddyto8 (Micah) Wish Trip - May 15-21 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

mlbarbian (Luke) Wish Trip - May 16-22, 2009 MAW/GKTW

josabbimommy (Joseph) Wish Trip - May 22-28th, 2009 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

kmparrish5 (Bailee) Wish Trip - May 23 - 29, 2009 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

Andreaswish (Andrea) Wish Trip - June 8 - 13, 2009 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

keetmommy (Emma) Wish Trip - June 15 - 21, 2009
Trip Report: Emma Wish Trip Report ** FINISHED!

bellaririsa (Malia) Wish Trip - June 15 - 21, 2009 MAW/GKTW

Lisarh (Kali) Wish Trip - June 17 - 21, 2009

sammie girl (Lexi) Wish Trip - June 18 - 24, 2009 Dream Factory/GKTW ** FINISHED!

merneric (Sam) Wish Trip - June 22 - 28, 2009 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

AJ's Magical Wish Trip - A Post-Trip Report - June 30-July 5, 2009 MAW/GKTW

myasma (Mya) Wish Trip - July 17 - 23, 2009 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED! :littleangel: Mya passed away on April 8, 2010

tastycollector Wish Trip DisneyLAND July 18 - 28, 2009
Trip Report: Wish Trip REPORT! DisneyLAND! ** FINISHED!

Matt1056 (Lucas) Wish Trip - MAW/GKTW September 5-11, 2009
GUEST Trip Report: Lucas - One Magical Morning - Written by Maroo ** FINISHED! (partial TR - covers one morning)

Corrine 1973 (Liam) Wish Trip - Sept 13 - 19, 2009 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report: Liam Wish Trip Report

terry (Richard) Make a Wish Trip - Sept 26 - Oct 2, 2009 MAW/GKTW

Hurwitzfamily04 (Jayden) Make a Wish Trip Sept 26 - October 2, 2009 MAW/GKTW

Somer (Jozlynn) Wish Trip - October 2-8, 2009 *WISH FLIGHT!*

Mickydees (Collin) Wish Trip - October 10 - 16, 2009 MAW/GKTW ** FINISHED!

wkualum (Mikaela) Wish Trip - October 10-16, 2009 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report BLOG: http://mikaelamadeawish.blogspot.com/ ** FINISHED!

ahkeela (Azaria) Wish Trip - MAW/GKTW October 20 - 28, 2009

MomTo4+More (Deyki) Wish Trip November 1-7, 2009 MAW/GKTW

2specialkids (Nikolas "Boo") Wish Trip November 2-8, 2009 MAW/GKTW

CrystalSnow (Melia) Wish Trip November 10-16, 2009 MAW/GKTW

kdzbear (Tyler) Wish Trip - November 20-25, 2009 Dream Factory/All Star Sports (ASSp) ** FINISHED!

cleostar09 (Saundria) Wish Trip Coming VERY soon!!

Soon2B4 (Aidan) Wish Trip - November 29-December 5, 2009 MAW/GKTW

thatkid (Alyssa) Wish Trip - December 2-9, 2009 MAW/GKTW
Alyssa's TRIP REPORT! ** FINISHED!

StefaniLyn (Bella) Wish Trip December 3-12, 2009 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report: Bella's Trip Report!

Savannah's Mami (Savannah) Wish Trip December 8-14, 2009 MAW/GKTW
Savannah's Trip Report - LINK TO BLOG You will need to go back to January 2010 to get the Wish Trip Report. :) ** FINISHED!

chrissid7 (Alyssa) Wish Trip December 10-16, 2009 MAW/GKTW

pacrosby (Matty) Wish Trip December 10-16, 2009 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report: Matty's Trip Report
Mini Report: Maroo's version of Matty's Night with the Gingerbread Men

momma mouse (Sloan) Wish Trip Jan 23-30, 2010 Dream Factory/GKTW

pipersmom (Piper) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 2-8, 2010
Piper's Trip Report: I'm Not Riding THAT! A Trip With Character! Piper's Wish Trip 3/2-8

Thumper321 (Aidan) Wish Trip MAW March 1-7, 2010
Aidan's TRIP REPORT!

Momofwishkid (Gavin) Wish Trip March 3-9, 2010 MAW/GKTW
Gavin's TRIP REPORT!

alaskanabbott (James) Wish Trip March 16, 2010 Wish Upon a North Star/GKTW
The Trip Report:James's Trip Report!

maryrn11168 (Brian) Wish Trip MAW/CRUISE March 27-April 3, 2010

noahsketomom (Noah) Wish Trip April 7-13, 2010 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report: Noah's Wish Trip - Trip Report

kellyw8863 (Ali) Wish Trip April 19 - 26, 2010 MAW/GKTW
Ali TRIP REPORT!

yinyanggirls (Phoebe) Wish Trip April 17-30, 2010 MAW/GKTW
The Trip Report!:Phoebe Trip Report

pnutallergymom (Brigitte) Wish Trip April 23-May 5, 2010 MAW/Animal Kingdom Lodge

Mtopher3 (Ashley) Wish Trip MAW/CRUISE May 9 - 13, 2010

NVDadof3 (Seth) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW May 19-25, 2010

wishin'_on_a_star (Catherine) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW May 17-23, 2010
Trip Report!: Catherine's Trip Report!

TTomlinson (Tyler) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW End of May, 2010

momto4greatkids (Keith) Wish Trip MAW June 12-18, 2010 MAW/GKTW

wish_upon_a_star35 (Chase) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW June 23-29, 2010
Trip Report!: Chase TRIP REPORT!

The3DsMommy (Derek) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW June 30 - July 6, 2010

cantwaittoseemickey (Ty) Wish Trip July 10-16, 2010 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report: Ty's Trip Report!

Laurensmom2004 (Lauren) Wish Trip July 11 - 17, 2010 MAW/GKTW
Trip Report: Lauren's Trip Report!

Adrismommy (Adri) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW July 17-23, 2010

casper_jj11 (Sydney) Wish Trip Children's Wish Foundation of Canada/GF August 7-17, 2010
Trip Report: Sydney's Trip Report!

balloondoggie (Kayla) TRIP REPORT - This was live on their blog - LIVE starting 9/5/2010!

Haybuggsmom (Haylee) Wish Trip Toby's Dream Foundation/GKTW Dates Sept 18-25, 2010

pouty_tink (Kaylin) Wish Trip Dream Come True/GKTW September 20-26, 2010

kayrasen333 (Jackson) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Sept 26-Oct 2, 2010

kissesbykim (Tyler) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW TRIP REPORT!!!!

J'sMum (J) Wish Trip Dream Factory/GKTW October 2010

Love_Monkey (Rachael) Whis Trip MAW/GKTW October 1-7, 2010 **Wish Flight!!**

ktcwinmommy (Kira) Wish Trip GKTW October 3-9, 2010

jen-y (Nicky) Wish Trip Dreams Come True/GKTW Oct 6-17, 2010

kissesbykim (Tyler) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Oct 6-12, 2010

syammt (Madison) Wish Trip Special Wish Foundation/GKTW Oct 26 - Nov 1, 2010

rcq925 (Hayley) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW November 14-20, 2010

LydRos (Madison) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW November 14-20, 2010

mjarecki (Michael) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW November 15-21, 2010

masonbsc (Haden) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW November 27-December 4, 2010

icecreamforbreakfast (Joey) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW November 28-December 5, 2010
TRIP REPORT!! **FINISHED

that's nice (Juliana (aka: Ana)) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW December 1-7, 2010
TRIP REPORT!!

owensdad (Owen) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW December 6-13, 2010

Bearshouse (Alexander) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW December 11-17, 2010

4monkeys (Allison) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW (Harry Potter focus! :)) December 12-18, 2010
TRIP REPORT!!!!

Emilyswish (Emily) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW December 27 - January 1, 2011

Manymosi (Wendy) Wish Trip MAW/Wilderness Lodge! January 22-28, 2011

lawblond7 (Jake) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW January 28 - Feb 3, 2011

katieswish (Katie) Wish Trip A Wish Come True/GKTW Jan 2011

fulseasmama (Chelsea) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Feb 1-7, 2011
TRIP REPORT!!

hollie1974 (Lily) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Feb 6-12, 2011

Redwavess (Mallory) Wish Trip ??MAW/GKTW Feb 19-25, 2011 **FINISHED (includes TR!)

Joshay2234 (Haylie) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW February 20-26, 2011

kailatilear (Abby) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Feb 24-March 2, 2011

Glo's Wish (Gloria Joy) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW end of Feb 2011

luvmygrlz3 (Khelsey) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 3-9, 2011

CeraMomof3 (Mila) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 3 - 11, 2011

blessed03 (Carter) Wish Trip MAW/?? March 5-11, 2011

my2girlsrock (Taylor) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 13 - 19, 2011

Mom2mitokids (Korissa) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 13-23, 2011
TRIP REPORT!!

MitoDadMO (Kade) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 16-22, 2011 :littleangel: Kade Passed away on October 14, 2011.

jwallaceent (Brooke) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 23-29, 2011

jj0plin (Elliot) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW March 31 - April 8, 2011

HeatherSP (Lhea) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW April 15 - 21, 2011
TRIP REPORT!!

brookerene (Kaleb) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW April 18-24, 2011

Mom2Miracles ("Peanut") Wish Trip CWF/GKTW end of April/first part of May, 2011

LVMom23 (Hannah) Wish Trip! April 23-29, 2011 MAW/GKTW

mawmay2011 (Brooke) Wish Trip! May 2-9, 2011 MAW/GKTW

andys_wish (Andy) Wish Trip! May 6-12, 2011 MAW/GKTW

rosieari9197 (Ari) Wish Trip! May 9-15, 2011 MAW/GKTW

mommy2girlswv (January) Wish Trip May 6 - May 12, 2011 MAW/??
TRIP REPORT!!

tinytreasures (Avy) Wish Trip May 18-24, 2011 MAW/GKTW

evsmama30 (Evan) Wish Trip May 19 - 24, 2011 Sunshine Foundation/Dream Village

shruley "Gabriella" (name changed to protect privacy for the family) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Trip Report In Progress!! :)

Perrinsmommy (Perrin) Wish Trip! June 2-9, 2011 MAW/GKTW

Tonyababyrn (Trace) Wish Trip! June 8-14, 2011 MAW/GKTW

alexwyn (Hamilton) Wish Trip! June 14-20, 2011 MAW/GKTW

mysevendwarfs (Bridget) Wish Trip! June 27 - July 3, 2011 MAW/GKTW

Happy_Dreams1's Wish Trip! (Claudia) August 2011 MAW/GKTW

chelleydi77 (Madison) Wish Trip! Aug 21 - 25, 2011 MAW/CRUISE - Disney Dream!

angeque143 (Eva) Wish Trip! Sept 6-12, 2011 MAW/GKTW

mom2pixies (Brooke) Wish Trip! Sept 8 - 15, 2011 MAW/GKTW

vegaangel82 (Gabriella) Wish Trip! Sept 10-17, 2011 MAW/CRUISE!!

jessiebean (Micah) Wish Trip! Sept 18-24, 2011 MAW/GKTW

princessmamaof5 (Mackenzie) Wish Trip! Sept 12-18, 2011 MAW/GKTW

Em'swish (Emily) Wish Trip! Sept 24-30, 2011 MAW/GKTW

disneymomma01 (Katelyn) Wish Trip! Oct 1-7, 2011 Dream Factory/GKTW

danut (Brendan) Wish Trip! October 9-15, 2011 MAW/GKTW?

blessedmom4 (Lisa) Wish Trip MAW/GKTW Oct 13-23, 2011
TRIP REPORT! ** FINISHED!

katieb4 (Gabbie) Wish Trip! Oct 14-Oct 20, 2011 MAW/???

shellyplus4 (Mattie) Wish Trip! October 23-29, 2011 MAW/GKTW

Owensheart (Owen) Wish Trip! December 4-14, 2011 MAW/GKTW
TRIP REPORT!! ** FINISHED!

kimmg ('E') Wish Trip! December 5-11 MAW/GKTW

sgarrity (DeAnna) Wish Trip! December 20-January 1, 2012 MAW/GKTW

starienite (Devon) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW February 16, 2012
TRIP REPORT!!

nesser1961 (Keira) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW February 27 - March 4, 2012
TRIP REPORT!! **FINISHED!

Moodyzblue (Jayden) Wish Trip! April 4-15, 2012
TRIP REPORT!!

lorasmom (Gabby) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW July 12-18, 2012

mdfalls (Spencer) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW August 15, 2012

rx774 (Christian) Wish Trip! MAW/DisneyLAND August 2012 ***This is the TRIP REPORT!!***

jmerchlinsky (John) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Oct 1-7, 2012

ElishaConway (Aidan) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW October 7, 2012

mom2ajnm (Nathaniel) Wish Trip! **GOING TO NYC!** Dream Factory/New York, NY! October 8-15, 2012

GavandGraciesMommy (Gavin) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW October 14, 2012

Momtokcc (Cade) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Oct 20 - 26, 2012

connie005 (Amanda) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW October 21, 2012
TRIP REPORT VIDEO ON YOU TUBE: Amanda's Wish Trip Video

Mama2Josh (Josh) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW October 29 - Nov 4, 2012

Threeboysandachickie (Luke) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW November 2-11, 2012

alyssaswish (Alyssa) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Nov 10-18, 2012

Emmaswishtrip (Emma) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW November 10-16, 2012

aym4Him (Ethan) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW November 11-17, 2012

sarsop524 (Sarah) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW November 18-24, 2012

lakinbum93 (Kaston) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW November 26 - December 7, 2012

onceagain1 (Chatterbox*) Wish Trip! Children's Wish/GKTW Dec 14-21, 2012 *parent using alias to protect child's identity

(Buglet) Wish Trip! Dream Factory/GKTW February 10 - 16, 2013

Alyswish (Alyson) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Feb 16-23, 2013

Amber Greenawalt (Savannah) Wish Trip! Kids Wish Network/Disney Property Feb 22, 2013 - March 4, 2013

pinkorange (Helena) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW March 8 - 19, 2013

littleEsmom (Emma) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW March 23 - 29, 2013

NEmel (Carter) Wish Trip! MAW/CRUISE April 7 - 11, 2013

angel's momma (Angel) Wish Trip! MAW/Disney CRUISE! April 14 - 25, 2013

alisam (Samantha) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW April 2013

Jakentysmom (Jacob) Wish Trip! MAW/?? April 21 - 27, 2013

taimie (Alexa) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW April 23 - 29, 2013

We are GOING and PLANNING! Come help us plan!

JWCJ (Ja) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW April 27, 2013 - May 4, 2013

Mom2M07 (Maddie) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW April 28 - May 4, 2013

taniasbn (Nate) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW April 29, 2013 - May 7, 2013

jmerchlinksy (Cameron) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW May 25 - 31, 2013

Lilfoot93 (Trevor) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW June 2 - 8, 2013

mydisneyanytime (Tycen) Wish Trip! MAW/DisneyLAND July 5 - 13, 2013

ajjwmaw (Jenna) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW June 8 - 22, 2013

Anxiously Awaiting DATES! :goodvibes

SixunderSix (Jake) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Dates TBA!

Kktraylor (Ava) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Dates TBA

kdtass (Alexandria) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Dates TBA (Summer 2013)

(Kenzie) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Dates TBA (Fall 2013)

carebearkidney (Matthew) Wish Trip! Magic Moments/?? Dates TBA!!

EEs*Mommy (Noah) Wish Trip! Sunshine Foundation Dates TBA!!

MomOfAnAngel and indykjt (Braden) Wish Trip! MAW/?? Dates TBA!!

texastwinmom (Brandon) Wish Trip! MAW/?? Dates TBA!

Miamakesawish (Mia) Wish Trip! MAW/GKTW Dates TBA!

DelanaAndKyra (Kyra) Wish Trip! MAW/?? Dates TBA - Hoping for May 2013

yeti5353 (Molly) Wish Trip! MAW/?? Waiting on Dates!

For other links, hints, trip report information...check post 2!

This is super helpful! We just spoke with our planner from MAW - we don't have exact travel dates but looking to go the end of November 2017. Even though we live in FL and have been able to go to Disney all of that was extremely limited and stopped after he started having frequent spinal surgeries and this is all he wanted to do. Go to Disney, see Mickey, ride the tram & monorail - the green one and ride lots of rides. I'm a super planner and very excited to dive into everything!

Hi! So my son was approved for his make a wish trip to Disney. It will be myself, my two boys, and my father is coming with us as part of the wish to help me out. My mom, sister, and sisters kids will be driving down and meeting us in Florida and coming to Disney. My grandmother who lives in Florida will also be coming to Disney with us. My question is, has anyone had family members come that weren't included in the wish? How did that work out? They will be staying at a near by hotel but they were wondering if they could purchase food from GKTW and eat with us there? Also how would it work with rides? I know make a wish kids basically have fast passes but does that include family members? I'm worried that them coming may slow us down if we have to wait.

Also, which parks would you recommend? My boys are 4 and 6. My 4 year old has heart defects. We were planning magic kingdom, Epcot, and animal kingdom. I was told universal is aimed at older kids and to probably spend one day at universal and one at seaworld or legoland.

I would call Give Kids the World and ask them specifically about your extra family members. I believe they can buy a meal card at $5 a meal to join you in GKTW, but I'm not positive and not sure if anything has changed. I'm not sure how the passes will work at the parks.

As for which parks to go to, I would say you are on the right track. Magic Kingdom is a must, as it has the most stuff for those age groups. Animal Kingdom is great if the boys are into animals. They would enjoy the safari ride, the animal walking trails, the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows, and triceratop spin (maybe also the new Pandora boat ride). Epcot is a slower paced park. They would also enjoy The Seas with Nemo (both the ride and the aquarium), Journey Into Imagination, Frozen, and Spaceship Earth. World Showcase is fun to walk around as an adult, but can be a little boring for young kids (although they have characters and drawing stations in each country). Hollywood Studios might also be a good option, but there is less to do these days. Remember, you have a park hopper, so you can always start one day in one park and move on to the next. Universal is aimed at older kids. They have areas for younger kids, but I always saw these as area for young kids who came with larger families, not necessarily just for families with young kids, if that makes sense. SeaWorld would be a great option, once again if the boys are interested in animals. There aren't much rides (Turtle Trek and Antarctica are probably the only major rides they can go on), but the shows and animal exhibits are enough. There is also a whole area with very kid-friendly, slow rides plus a huge, multistory playground. I never been to Legoland, but I heard it's great for kids your age. It is a bit of a drive away, though. I would recommend going on the parks websites and clicking around on the ride and attraction descriptions. It will tell you what is not recommended for people with heart conditions, and will give you height limitations.

Hi! So my son was approved for his make a wish trip to Disney. It will be myself, my two boys, and my father is coming with us as part of the wish to help me out. My mom, sister, and sisters kids will be driving down and meeting us in Florida and coming to Disney. My grandmother who lives in Florida will also be coming to Disney with us. My question is, has anyone had family members come that weren't included in the wish? How did that work out? They will be staying at a near by hotel but they were wondering if they could purchase food from GKTW and eat with us there? Also how would it work with rides? I know make a wish kids basically have fast passes but does that include family members? I'm worried that them coming may slow us down if we have to wait.

Also, which parks would you recommend? My boys are 4 and 6. My 4 year old has heart defects. We were planning magic kingdom, Epcot, and animal kingdom. I was told universal is aimed at older kids and to probably spend one day at universal and one at seaworld or legoland.
plan on doing some of the activities at GKTW

OK, let's talk about "guests" who are not part of the GKTW party.

1) You can have the other family members join you.
2) Just let the guard shack know in advance, because they will be asked for an ID and the purpose of their desired entry.
. . . GKTW is VERY careful about the security of their guests
. . . even as a volunteer, I have to show my GKTW identification badge to get past the guard
3) Give your guests the number of your villa and directions.
. . . Not hard to drive around, but some of the "back" villas are trick to find.
. . . sometimes, you can fit two cars at the villa, but sometimes two larger cars or minivans don't fit well
. . . they really should park near the entrance
. . . if they do this, you can drive over and pick them up
4) You can take your guests to the Guest Services building to buy food passes if they want to eat with you.
. . . the prices are very reasonable!
. . . you get a card with the amount paid, which is then presented at the food line or counter when you eat
. . . the donated food is meant for the families and not others, so you are asked to pay
. . . to have them eat "free' would be taking advantage of the kindness of the business food sponsors
5) You and your guests can take advantage of any and all the activities at GKTW.
. . . swimming
. . . attractions and rides
. . . crafts
. . . parties and sing-along's

NOTE:
I have seen and known many families at GKTW, and several of them never leave, and just enjoy the "resort".
In fact, the parents enjoy it even more than the kiddies.
At home, the parents are constantly "on duty" and caring for their child.
At GKTW, the kids are well handled, and the parents actually have a vacation.
In many cases, this is the first time IN YEARS, the parents have a chance to relax . . . and have their own fun!

Hi! So happy that your son gets a Wish of a lifetime! From experience I would not recommend Sea World- boring- nor would I recommend Hollywood Studios- boring- especially for a 4 year old, nor Epcot- boring for a 4 year old plus he might not be medically able to do much. Stick with MK and AK. Maximum magic, and heaven for a 4 year old. Best characters there too. ( The talking Mickey is a must!)

Hi my daughter Baylee was granted a MAW to DW and we leave in just over a week. We are going Sept 6-12 and are so excited!!! I have found tons of helpful info here and some blogs from MAW families. Hopefully I have everything planned to give my daughter the trip of a lifetime. She just graduated high school and was granted her wish 2 weeks before her 18th birthday. She has a rare congenital heart defect called L-Transposition, WPW, and Epstein's Anomoly but is doing well right now. Headed to MAW tomorrow to pick up our itinerary and tickets. We are adding aquatica and IFLY to our ticket package from GKTW. Has anyone done IFLY? It looks fun. My one question is whether or not we will be able to stay for Mickeys not so scary Halloween party as it is happening the first night we will be there? Anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter