Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Hello All:cloud9:
We got back home last night from Emma's wish trip to GKTW/Disney World. To everyone yet to go: Nothing can prepare you for this experience! I was blown away. :goodvibes

What a week that we will never forget....pixiedust:

Welcome back, glad to here you all had a great time.

That is so exciting, we are looking forward to it, Cameron's wish was to go to the "bunny" house as he calls GKTW.

Aww that's too cute. Kenzie won't stop talking about going to Mickey's house to see Rapunzel and her new favorite obsession Doc Mcstuffins. I told her I don't know if the Doc will be there she might have too many patients.

Home today with a sick lil M&M. DH was asking me about the rental cars and car seats. Do we have to bring ours or do they provide one?

I think that you CAN get a car seat from the car rental company. I've heard very mixed reports about their quality: some say that they are okay and others report that they are in horrible condition and/or are many years old. I'm sure that they are probably okay for the most part. We are bringing our own just to be safe and so we know that it will fit our daughter. Will she need a car seat on the plane?

If the car seat has an "FAA Approved" ticket on it you may use it on the aircraft, and for the child's safety it is recommended that you use it in flight.

Woohoo! I just posted on another board and saw our countdown ticker. We are getting closer! I know that others are leaving sooner, but still. I am so excited for all of you! I found the cutest feeding pump back pack. (I have no relations or ties to this person) I just thought it was so cute!
https://www.facebook.com/TuFeBoutique
I would love to attempt to make one for Prescott before we leave, but I just don't have the time. But I thought it was worth sharing with all of my "wish" buddies. So, we don't have flight info yet. They said that we would probably have to stay the night in Salt Lake before we fly out on May 31st, which would be the 30th. My oldest son just found out his big clogging show is May 29th. Can you say eek!:scared1: Oh well, good thing I'm packing now. Prescott is doing good and getting excited!!! My little peanut is going to have a blast and I am so happy! Toodles!

Maroo- If you are not too busy can you add our trip report to the 1st page?

Home today with a sick lil M&M. DH was asking me about the rental cars and car seats. Do we have to bring ours or do they provide one?

Our wish coordinator said it would be best to bring our own and they can be checked in for free on the airplane. But, if we wanted to just let them know and they can have rentals for us in Florida. We have decided to just check our car seats in and bring them with us.

Jackie

Home today with a sick lil M&M.
Kenzie won't stop talking about going to Mickey's house to see Rapunzel and her new favorite obsession Doc Mcstuffins. I told her I don't know if the Doc will be there she might have too many patients.

Praying that she feels better. :hug: Doc McStuffins is a puppet at the Disney Jr Live on Stage show at DHS, but isn't a meet & greet character.

Woohoo! I just posted on another board and saw our countdown ticker. We are getting closer!
So, we don't have flight info yet. They said that we would probably have to stay the night in Salt Lake before we fly out on May 31st, which would be the 30th. My oldest son just found out his big clogging show is May 29th. Can you say eek!:scared1: Oh well, good thing I'm packing now. Prescott is doing good and getting excited!!! My little peanut is going to have a blast and I am so happy! Toodles!

Yay :) Hope you get your flight info soon, and that it doesn't interfere with the clogging.

Hello All:cloud9:
We got back home last night from Emma's wish trip to GKTW/Disney World. To everyone yet to go: Nothing can prepare you for this experience! I was blown away. :goodvibes

What a week that we will never forget....pixiedust:

You are soooooooooo right!!!!!
Such an amazing place!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

I just thought I would say hi and introduce myself since I have been snooping. =) We find out the dates for DD3's MAW/GKTW trip next week, but the earliest date will be May 30th! I have been to WDW several times before, but this is the first time as a family with a semi- healthy child (DD3 is in remission, Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma Cancer). Advice welcome!!

Me :wave: DH :teacher: DS5 :earboy2: and WishKid DD3 :princess:
Finding out our dates next week!!!

I think that you CAN get a car seat from the car rental company. I've heard very mixed reports about their quality: some say that they are okay and others report that they are in horrible condition and/or are many years old. I'm sure that they are probably okay for the most part. We are bringing our own just to be safe and so we know that it will fit our daughter. Will she need a car seat on the plane?

Thanks for the info, our car seat is way too heavy. We'll probably buy one of those lightweight ones for the trip.

I just thought I would say hi and introduce myself since I have been snooping. =) We find out the dates for DD3's MAW/GKTW trip next week, but the earliest date will be May 30th! I have been to WDW several times before, but this is the first time as a family with a semi- healthy child (DD3 is in remission, Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma Cancer). Advice welcome!!

Me :wave: DH :teacher: DS5 :earboy2: and WishKid DD3 :princess:
Finding out our dates next week!!!

Welcome to the board, congrats on both your wish trip and DD's remission! :goodvibes

Praying that she feels better. :hug: Doc McStuffins is a puppet at the Disney Jr Live on Stage show at DHS, but isn't a meet & greet character.

Yay :) Hope you get your flight info soon, and that it doesn't interfere with the clogging.

Thanks for the info, at least she'll get a chance to see her. Do you know if Oso does meet and greets?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Looked at the forcast on weather.com and it looks great for the weekend and next week! :cool1::cool1: We have one of Carter's going away parties tomorrow night with his wish granters. We also invited 2 of his friends, grandma, and grandpa. :yay:

I guess I'll have to attempt an ADR for it then. :surfweb:

Hope you can get one. :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Looked at the forcast on weather.com and it looks great for the weekend and next week! :cool1::cool1: We have one of Carter's going away parties tomorrow night with his wish granters. We also invited 2 of his friends, grandma, and grandpa. :yay:

:banana: So exciting that you're leaving this week. :jumping3: So happy that the forecast is good. Have a great time at the party tomorrow night. :)

At the hospital waiting for Ja's LP. She's neutropenic, so off the immunosuppressant for the week. I think nerves are setting in; maybe traveling while on treatment wasn't a good idea....

At the hospital waiting for Ja's LP. She's neutropenic, so off the immunosuppressant for the week. I think nerves are setting in; maybe traveling while on treatment wasn't a good idea....

Hugs.:hug: We're heading to the hospital to get test results right now, so I am right there with you ...

Thank you guys! :) It is so nice to read about all of your trips and the amazing kids going on Wish Trips. I am blown away by the strength and courage that comes in tiny little packages. :love:

I haven't read all of the car seat posts but when I asked about whether to take our boosters, we were told that GKTW or MAW would provide them if needed. Is that an option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter