Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been hearing that some family's extend their trip. I know you would have to pay for any days past your wish week and stay at a resort, but how does it work with the airplane tickets. Can you extend the airplane tickets and does that cost. Would you have to let your wish coordinator know? Could someone let me know. Me and my husband were thinking about it but was cancelling the idea because we don't know how to. Also because we are being transport to the airport and back would have to take a taxi from airport to home.

We are going on Owen's MAW trip the first week of December and are extending five days. Every chapter is different, but ours works like this...

We are staying at GKTW the 4-10th for the wish portion of our trip. The rental car has to be returned at a certain time on the 10th after we check out of GKTW. I reserved a room at a Disneyworld Resort hotel for the 10th-14th so i will just pay for a new rental car or use Disney Transportation. I told them date we want to fly home so MAW just arranged that for us. Instead of flying home on the 10th, they have us flying home on the 14th. The limo picks us up at our home on the 4th and then again at the airport on the 14th when we come home. Everything from the 10th on is out of pocket!

I have heard of some chapters not allowing you to extend. I have also heard of them making you extend before your trip. So you can fly there a few days early and just report to GKTW on the day of your official Wish trip. I would check with your local chapter and just ask. It can't hurt!! Good luck.

We are going on Owen's MAW trip the first week of December and are extending five days. Every chapter is different, but ours works like this...

We are staying at GKTW the 4-10th for the wish portion of our trip. The rental car has to be returned at a certain time on the 10th after we check out of GKTW. I reserved a room at a Disneyworld Resort hotel for the 10th-14th so i will just pay for a new rental car or use Disney Transportation. I told them date we want to fly home so MAW just arranged that for us. Instead of flying home on the 10th, they have us flying home on the 14th. The limo picks us up at our home on the 4th and then again at the airport on the 14th when we come home. Everything from the 10th on is out of pocket!

I have heard of some chapters not allowing you to extend. I have also heard of them making you extend before your trip. So you can fly there a few days early and just report to GKTW on the day of your official Wish trip. I would check with your local chapter and just ask. It can't hurt!! Good luck.

I might ask. i have been contacting my wish coordinators a lot lately. I as sure i have been driving them crazy. I dont think that they will. I asked about a reservation at CRT and they told me no. Plus i already gave them my dates i dont think they are going to change that. Once its written in stone it never washes away unless you child is sick and has to postpone then. Its alright though. Since my kids are really young and they cant get on everything we might just go back in 2 to 3 years so they can enjoy other stuff they have to offer at the parks.

I might ask. i have been contacting my wish coordinators a lot lately. I as sure i have been driving them crazy. I dont think that they will. I asked about a reservation at CRT and they told me no. Plus i already gave them my dates i dont think they are going to change that. Once its written in stone it never washes away unless you child is sick and has to postpone then. Its alright though. Since my kids are really young and they cant get on everything we might just go back in 2 to 3 years so they can enjoy other stuff they have to offer at the parks.

I have been meaning to comment on the CRT request...to me it was certainly not worth the price. (We did not go due to a Wish Trip) Yes, it was "cool" to be in the castle, but the food was just okay, you can have the same if not better interaction from the characters at other venues (1900 Park Fare or Askerhaus(SP?)). Your daughter is really young to appreciate the cool factor of the castle, so I would definitely go another route...just my humble opinion though!:)

Lynn

Maroo!!! I am so relieved to see you back!!! You have been missed and I have been concerned for you. I have a question I need to ask, I will PM you though, hopefully soon... I am happy to hear Lauren is settled in and I pray that justice is swiftly served in the case!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

thank you so much for the welcome back! :)

Welcome back Maroo!!!! :thumbsup2 :welcome:

thank you!

Welcome back Maroo!! Wow!! that is so so so much on your plate! I hope after all that you treated yourself to a massage or something, sounds like you majorly deserve it. And back to college...sounds kinda fun! :)

A couple people on their trips right now! Fantastic!! :cool1:

Carrie, that pictures is so super cool! Miss K looks like she is in heaven.

Things cranked up here a notch. My three older kids all started school this week. Always such an adjustment. Last Saturday my MIL completely blew out her knee, torn ACL, needs a complete knee replacement, its a mess. She is home from hospital now awaiting the swelling to decrease enough so she can have surgery. She has been such a blessing to us since Gabbie's diagnosis, it is great to be able to give back, even though I wish she didn't have to go through this. The pain is horrendous. One doc compared the pain to an amputation. Anyway, there sure hasn't been any free time between all the regular appointments and running back and forth to their house. Its been an nutty week. We leave for Disney in 5 weeks! :scared1: I need to find some time to get a few things done.....like figure out if we have enough suitcases, and make Wish shirts! Man time flies anymore!

On a happier note, Gabbie is doing really well. Her blood test today indicated her counts were moving in the right direction so we didn't need to adjust any of her chemo. And she is well on her way to a furlough from PT.... :yay: One less appointment each week. :cheer2: Right now she fluctuates from talking Disney, to not wanting to talk about it at all because its to far away and she might go crazy having to wait! Silly girl!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I am soooo glad Gabbie is doing well!! :)

I'm a huge thrill ride junkie as well. But often have to ride alone since most of my friends don't care for them. Just know that even though Owen can't ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey that he can still see the inside of Hogwarts. There is a line option where you can do just a walk-through of the Castle and it is incredible! I love IOA and US. In fact, when I'm volunteering at GKTW, I have been known to wear a Slytherin robe. So, I'm a BIG potter fanatic, so if you see me in the Village, don't be afraid to say hi!

I really, really want to visit the Harry Potter attraction one day! I am a pretty big Potter fanatic myself. Have you been able to get on Pottermore yet?

The picture of Katelyn and Selena is perfect! I love the smile on Miss K's face!

Maroo - Welcome back! You have been missed! :wizard:

thanks! :hug:

Maroo.. Glad you are back!! How exciting for Lauren to be in college.. a huge milestone for sure. Owen got dates!!! It only took five months.. Ha.

December 4-14th!! SO so excited.

Lauren is loving college! I am sitting in her dorm room right now. :)

Woot Woot!! So glad he got dates!! I will be updating those in a few!

Maroo, congratulations to Lauren, what a wonderful experience for her to have!

She is having a blast!

My little girl is "making her wish" this Sunday. Right now she is hoping for a makeover at Disneyworld. Since she talked about her wish weeks ago I have spent the past weeks reading all of these wonderful wish trip reports. Its been wonderful to read about so many great families and amazing children! I am so glad to have found you all!
:cheer2:
Blessings,
Sarah
Momto15

So glad she is going to be able to make her wish!

Mom to 15???? Wow!! :laundy:

Hi all, still very new here, and a little shy:blush:! Our MAW/GKTW dates are November 4th thru November 13th. Less then two months and we havent even met with our wish volunteers! We just got started with Make-a-Wish and discussed our dates becuase were working around 2 children, a few surgeries, and multiple hospital stays. I guess if anything else had to be thrown in the mix, a trip to Disneyworld :woohoo:is pretty spectacular!!!! Hope to meet some of you soon! I have loved stopping in and "researching" our trip! popcorn::

So glad you are here!!! :welcome:

My husband, daughter and I are headed to DW in 10 days! We are so excited to have her wish granted! We are staying at GKTW. I have tried reading through as many threads as possible but our trip is so close that I can not get all the information I need. What are everyones top tips on heading to DW. I have read some information on getting some type of pass at Guest Services but I am not sure how exactly to use it or what documentation I need to take in order to get it. Please help!!:goodvibes

That sounds great! I saw someone answered your question, but just wanted to welcome you to the DIS! Tell us how it went when you guys return :)

I am new here...we are getting ready for our son's wish in February, we'll be there from the 15-21. Looking sooo forward to it, praying my son can stay out of the hospital!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
I'm so excited for you! For us, it will be our first family vacation, and it seems so close but so far away. Im sure most MAW (and other wish granting organizations) families are living day by day like us, and just want to go NOW before anything has a chance to come up, but I am such a planner:laughing:. I try to plan the unexpected, I guess its my way of feeling in control of the uncontrolable! Hoping everyone has a great day!:grouphug:

I totally understand the planning feeling and the hope that everything can stay calm until you go! Let us know how it is going!! :)

Thanks for the Welcome! I posted in the pre-trip report section but have no idea how to link to it lol. Im kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff! I gave some brief info about our family there, should I just start again here? I am loving all the info!!!!

I will see if I can find it and link it on the first page here...I should have it updated before I go to sleep tonight. :)

Getting so impatient waiting for dates for Emily's MAW/GKTW trip. How long does it usually take to find out? We were told it would be possible to go the first or second week of December.

Meanwhile, Emily had to spend a couple of days in the hospital 2 weeks ago. While there, my husband's boss bough her and Erin Cinderella dresses to wear when they visit BBB at Disney! That was a much needed lift for her and got us anxious to get this trip planned!

It varies greatly by chapter, as far as how long it takes to get dates. They can typically do an emergency wish if they need to - but otherwise they just grant them as they have money, etc...and it probably greatly depends on how many wishes they have on their waiting list, etc, etc, etc...

That is so cool that you guys got dresses!! That is awesome! :)

Hello Everyone! My name is Vanessa, we just found out on Saturday that our daughter has been medically approved for a Wish. And of course she wishes for a trip to meet the princesses at Disney.

A little background about us. My husband Sean & I have been married almost 8 years and together almost 11. We met when we were both station in Japan back in 2000. I was in the Air Force & he was in the Navy.

I got stationed in California in 2003, we got married in April 2004 & Keira was born in May 2005.

I got stationed in Alaska in 2006, so we were off again, our son joined us in February 2008.

I got out in June of 2009 & we moved to Michigan to be near my husband's family.

April 8, 2010 we found out that our daughter who was 4 at the time had cancer. A large mass in her belly, 10cm to be exact. It was surrounding her kidney. She'd been complaining that her stomach was bothering her on & off for I guess about a 5 weeks, it actually started the week we took a quick one day trip to Disney while we were visiting family in Florida. We thought it was constipaption, gave her meds and it seemed to help, took her to the doc and they said the same thing, took her back and they asked to get blood work & a chest x-ray. That night she seemed to be feeling worse, my DH took her to the ER at the University of Michigan hospital & I stayed home with our 2 year old son.

Turns out it was a Wilms tumor, she had a 9 1/2 hour surgery the next day to remove the tumor & her kidney. They started 18 weeks of chemo the following week. It all went great, she didn't loose her hair or anything like that. She was stage 2.

Fast forward to May 12, 2011, another mass was found in her liver. It was only 3 months since her last scans & they were clear, so we were shocked. She did 16 days of radiation, we're still working through chemo, she's been bald now for about 2 months, but she loves it. LOL! We had scans done last week and the tumor has gone from 8cm to around 2cm. She still has great odds, 80% cure/survival rate, she's doing great through the chemo. We should be hearing about surgery soon & if we stay on course, 1st week of December she'll be done with treatment.

I honestly never considered make a wish, I always thought it was for dying children. A family friend nominated Keira, her son had cancer & he did an Alaskan Cruise for his wish. I'm so thrilled she gets to do something amazing like this after everything she's been through.

:welcome: to the DIS! :) I am so glad she is getting her wish!!

awesome!! I will link it here before I go to bed tonight!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::yay::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo: So glad youre black and Lauren is settled in! Hooray for you for doing the right thing!

Remember me? I already went on my Wish trip, maroo! Can you believe it? An you still have me on the "Anxiously awaiting dates" list..:laughing:

I'm starting my TR: already has Days 1 and 2 posted.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2791041

OH MY GOSH!!! :eek::scared1::eek:

I thought you were going over Christmas?!? I have been gone WAY too much!

I am going to head over to your TR here in a few and see how it went!!! :)

Preston is feeling better today. He went to the physical therapist today. After having a sprain and problems after a deep muscle massage at the therapists, it has taken 5 weeks to get back to being able to walk again with a limp. The therapist said he didn't understand what was going on, but after seeing him attempt his exercises and checking his range of motion, he feels like we need to start back at basically ground zero. He is actually losing ground on his strength and range of motion. Please keep him in your thoughts. He wants to try to build up to being able to walk at Disney and not use a wheelchair. Synovial:flower3:

aw man! I am so sorry he is not doing as good as you guys have hoped.

Please prepare him for using his wheelchair at Disney - you can walk miles and miles in just a day there and even the healthy folks get really tired and have aching feet after a day at the parks. He will probably really need his wheelchair, at least part of the time, while he is there and if he can save his strength by using it at the parks, then hopefully he can maybe walk a bunch at GKTW? Are you guys staying at GKTW? I can't remember....??

MAW is working on the details of Lindsay's trip to Disney/Universal the week of Christmas. We are not staying at GKTW...I "think" we are staying on Disney propert but not sure about where we will stay while at Universal. Does anyone have info on Universals policy for Handicapped customers? Linds is in a wheelchair and has issues with stamina so we are trying to try and do as much as we can in a short amount of time each day. Thanks for any advice!

I don't know how this will be handled since you guys are not saying at GKTW. It is Make a Wish, right? Not another wish organization?

They should give you some sort of paperwork that you can show the Universal staff that should get you guys some sort of pass that shows you are on a wish trip and Universal is really great to our wish kids...but I am not exactly sure how it will work if you are not staying at GKTW or through GKTW.

We are onto the next stage, whatever that means, but woot!

A form was lost and we had to send that back before the next step. It is in now so we are one step closer.

:woohoo:

I am glad at least that Preston is feeling better, hopefully that will translate in the ability to work hard bringing back strength! Gabbie has made great strides in that area, but continues to wear out quickly....we will be bringing her stroller for sure

The countdown for Gabbie's trip??? 1 MONTH!! :jumping2:

:woohoo:

Welcome to all the new people!!!

I wish that I was able to be on, but everytime I am about to settle, something happens with my Em and we are back in the hospital. So her pre-trip pretty much stopped. Sorry....

On the flip side to that we are at 10 days until we leave tor Disney!!!!!! We are so happy and my husband and could not have relized how much we needed this trip when we first started this Make-a-Wish adventure. Since May Em have been told she has 2 other pretty big issues.

Before we leave I hope someone can help me with 2 questions. Are we supposed to tip at BBB?
We live in Fla. We only have 1.5 hour drive the most. What time can we go to GKTW, do we call ahead of time?
Thanks!

Em's wish party is on Saturday, and we are all so happy, doing last minute shopping and just have a smile on all our faces!:)

Thanks again!!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/emilywallace

We did tip at BBB...but not sure if that is something they expect or just for excellent service. They gave Lauren some stuff to fix her hair and such, so we did tip them.

You can get to GKTW at any time on the day of your arrival and play before they get your villa ready! :)

So nice to see so many new people, (along with myself) planning for their trips! Our travel dates are supposed to be November 4th thru 14th. I say supposed to be becuase, were only on step 2 :scared1:. So not much time left for planning. I was hoping to schedule a few different things but am hesitant becuase we have nothing finalized yet. Hoping to hear more soon! I added a little to our pre-trip report and I think I even linked it right:banana:. Please feel free to let me know if I screwed anything up! I am loving learning from others experience, and all the Big Give photos are great. Such kind and talented people :hug:.

:tigger: TTFN- Ta Ta For Now

I would go ahead and schedule anything that you can - like dining reservations and such and you can totally cancel if you need to!

Are you guys going through GKTW? Is it a MAW trip?

Hey everyone!!! It looks like all of us are going to be going down there in the next couple of weeks. We are actually going in 3 DAYS!!!!!!!! I am SUPER excited!!!!! and stressed all at the same time! :scared1:

We had the pleasure of meeting with one of the members, Lynn (cajunfan), on Tuesday night. She showered all of us with pixie dust! It is such an amazing feeling when someone you don't even know takes enough time out of their day to make others happy. It's very humbling. :lovestruc I took a few pictures that I will post later on tonight on Paige's Pre-trip report.

I can't wait to share everything with you guys when we get home. :)

Tera:cheer2:

Lynn is amazing! I have also had the pleasure of meeting her! She is awesome!! :)

I am posting my daughter Angelinas pre trip report over in that section of the message boards but I had a question.
Angelina made her wish to get a princess makeover at BBB. From what I have read on here there are two locations- one in the castle and one in Downtown Disney? (We have only gone as a family once and it was long before Angelina was even born so there was no BBB.)

I am not sure if I have to make this reservation or if our MAW folks will do so. But is it hard to get in?
Thanks in advance for all the advice and help!
Blessings!!
Sarah

You can ask your MAW coordinator - that may be the best thing. I went ahead and made a reservation because we were afraid to wait, but then they made one too. We ended up canceling theirs and using ours, but it was good to communicate it so we didn't have to go through all of that.

have a GREAT trip!!!!

Always good to see you back online Maroo...Hoping things are settling down...I am following along with the news when I can. :grouphug::hug::grouphug::hug::grouphug:

I really, really want to visit the Harry Potter attraction one day! I am a pretty big Potter fanatic myself. Have you been able to get on Pottermore yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I can't wait until I can though. Have you been on it yet?

I really, really want to visit the Harry Potter attraction one day! I am a pretty big Potter fanatic myself. Have you been able to get on Pottermore yet?

Not yet. I can't wait until I can though. Have you been on it yet?[/QUOTE]

We are huge HP fanatics also and hope to see you at GKTW in your Slytherin robe. Question please: I know there will be lots of attractions for Lisa to see at the HP area...are there any "tame" rides in that area (she can do some types of roller coasters depends on the G-Force). THANK YOU for any insight you might have.

HELLO!!!! What a WONDERFUL WEEK!!!! We have over 1000 pictures to go through!! I was blessed to meet Mom2pixies at GKTW!! What a special special place that is!

I will be starting the Trip Report soon. I had massive problems here due to flooding....our house is ok but the entire area is effected! Because of the flooding AJ only missed a couple of days of school...I guess that is good but I worry about what the winter will bring as far as snow! We used 2 days already from the floods. I also have a week worth of assignments to catch up on. :rolleyes1

Let me just say that Miss Eva blossomed each day we were there. She ate ICE CREAM (Took nothing by mouth but a bottle before GKTW) and was signing more!!! :dance3:

A FEW TEASERS......

232323232%7Ffp73465%3Enu%3D3394%3E757%3E%3B%3C3%3E2485757%3C%3B4256ot1lsi
3:30 am!!

232323232%7Ffp73435%3Enu%3D3394%3E757%3E%3B%3C5%3E2485757%3C%3B6256ot1lsi
Dancing! We did A LOT of this!!

I am so glad you guys had a great time!!!!! That is fantastic!!

Hello my name is Alicia!!! My son Matthew was born with multi birth defects. He was diagnosed with VACTREL syndrome. He has had reconstructive surgery of his esophagus, heart surgery, nissen, and a g-tube. He also has COPD caused by implications of esophagus deformed. Well he has been doing better but has had a lot of respatory infections. I decides a couple of months back that i thought Matthew deserved a wish to come true. He has gone through so much. In and out of ER, doctor visits, and lab work. I wasnt sure that he was going to get approved for a wish because of a lot of his diagnoses do not quite fit the catagories in order to qualify but his lung doctor had a talk with me about his lung condition and how it degenerative or pregressive. I was really worried because he wanted to go to disney world so bad i didnt want to break his little heart again. I got the call about three weeks later and got the approval. Then two weeks after the wish cordinators came out the my house and asked my son what his wish is. He was so excited. Then two month later we got the letter saying his wish was granted and that he will be going in April of 2012. I suggest Matthew to go in the spring time because in the fall and winter he gets sick all of the time and summer is to hot so the best time was spring time. The trip is a long ways away but i want him to enjoy the trip with out feeling ill or over heated. Im already creating an itenerary and shopping list so i am prepared. This is our first far away from home vacation. So if any parents have already gone and like to give and advice let me know i am all ears. Get it!!! :mickeyjum:mickeyjum

so glad you guys are getting a wish granted!! :)

I think its nice how some make a wish regions do the bon voyage party. My area doesnt do it. i was thinking of doing one myself. Have all of my sons friends, family, and some of the medical staff that have taken care of him for the past four years. Oh and of course the wish cordinators.

I think it would be awesome to do a coming home party! Then you can show them all pictures and tell them about the trip! That would be so cool!

It would even be cool to do just a dutch treat type of thing at a restaurant?

I was planning to at least eat breakfast at the village and maybe one or two dinners but i wanted to reserve a few dinners in some of the theme parks. I was trying to reserve a table at cinderellas royal table but they want money in advance and its not cheap. i dont have it and i was going to pay for it out of some of the the spending money given to us to have but they want reserve my family a table until i pay up front and by then they will be filled. i am really upset because my son and daughter wanted to eat there. Any suggestions.:confused3

I would suggest eating at 1900 Park Fare - it doesn't require pre-payment and would be fun, too! They have GREAT food, too! :thumbsup2

Just wondering how far in advance ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table needs to be. We are still waiting on dates but are hoping for the first week in December. I know these are hard to come by and I really don't want the girls to miss this experience but can't really reserve a date until I know some dates!

I would get one as soon as possible - even before you get your official dates...if you sorta know which date, then that would be awesome. You can always cancel when you get dates...

If you are making reservation for Cinderellas royal table you need to make them about 180 in advance. Once the 180 day mark they are pretty much booked. I dont know much about cancellations because when you make the reservation you have to pay for your meals at that time. Most likely not alot of cancellations. I am going to try to see if my wish cordinator wont mind making the reservations for me because i wont have the money at that time. I have two child that have there birthday in the same week that the reservations have to be made. :worship:

They actually do get some cancellations - since they give the money back, people are actually a bit more likely to actually cancel these reservations than some other dining reservations.

We were able to get a table for Lauren just a few weeks before we left.

We are almost doing the single digit dance here!!! We have 11 days until our vacation starts, although we will be staying across from the hotel the first night!!! I cannot believe we started this journey at 179 days!!! :scared1:

Laundry, and packing, and cleaning...oh my!!!! :rotfl:

Welcome to all of the new families!!! The people on the DIS are amazing!!

And...I cannot wait to read trip reports for everyone that has gone & is back!!

woot woot!!

Hello,
I am new to this board. My niece is having a MAW trip in November and my husband and I are going down to help out. Does anyone know or have stayed at a good place to stay that is close to the Village?
Thanks,
Christie

Looks like you got a good suggestion from someone that lives there and works at GKTW...which should help.

I also check www.tripadvisor.com and they do a great job recommending hotels that are close and give you some good "real" reviews from people, which is nice!

We're home!! Arrived Thursday night and still haven't decompressed from the trip. The bags are still overflowing with laundry and toys in my bedroom and the girls are still talking about the princesses and Mickey and Minnie!

It was an AMAZING trip!! I don't have enough qualifiers to describe it yet. I'll have to pull out a dictionary before I start the Trip Report. Sooooo many photos and stories to go through. Hope to get a start on it this weekend....

Stay tuned!

:thumbsup2

Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee
4311 W Vine St (Hwy 192)
US Hwy 192 & Bass Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34746 US

This hotel is 1.1 miles from GKTW.

thank you so much for always coming up with these ideas...since you are there, it is very, very helpful!!

Well we are coming back to reality from a fun filled week of Magic. There are not even words to describe the feelings and memories we had on our trip of a Lifetime. We already miss all of the great people at Give Kids the World, someday we hope to return and volunteer since they filed our hearts with hope and love. Our trip report will begin shortly.. Stay Tuned

ps i got to meet mom2pixies that was awesome too !!!!
:thumbsup2

We are in need of some opinions as to when is the best time for Angelinas MAW trip in the upcoming months. Can you please visit our pre trip report and let me know your thoughts? :) :)
I would sooooo appreciate it!!
Thank you!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2797616http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2797616

sure thing!!!! :)

OH NO!!!!!!

This thread is at 250 pages!!!!!!!!!!! :faint:

I usually do one every Christmas....it is only September and we are already at 250!

They will shut it down....

MODS - I will make a new one tomorrow! Please don't lock this one up....
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

please!!

Not yet. I can't wait until I can though. Have you been on it yet?

We are huge HP fanatics also and hope to see you at GKTW in your Slytherin robe. Question please: I know there will be lots of attractions for Lisa to see at the HP area...are there any "tame" rides in that area (she can do some types of roller coasters depends on the G-Force). THANK YOU for any insight you might have.

In the Wizarding World, there is the Flight of the Hippogriff, that she may be able to do. It is a smaller roller coaster, but I haven't been on it or seen all of it, so not sure exactly what it is like. I know that it is recommended for kids. Also, I like the line for the Dragon's Challenge, even if I don't always ride it. Since I'm normally there by myself, I go through the single rider line at Forbidden Journey, but they do have a line just for doing a walkthrough of the Castle, so I'm still able to do that part just not before I get on the ride.

Preston is getting worse with his physical therapy. He is back to using his walker some of the time. When he is not using it, we have to hold on to him to help him walk. He is going to see 2 of his doctors next week and have an MRI done on Monday. I hope the MRI will show us whats going on and the doctors give us some insight on what to do to get him walking again without pain. Synovial:flower3:

I updated my thread....lol....I seem to only post once a year or something stupid like that :)

Link is in my signature, Becca's wish trip :)

Mandy

In the Wizarding World, there is the Flight of the Hippogriff, that she may be able to do. It is a smaller roller coaster, but I haven't been on it or seen all of it, so not sure exactly what it is like. I know that it is recommended for kids. Also, I like the line for the Dragon's Challenge, even if I don't always ride it. Since I'm normally there by myself, I go through the single rider line at Forbidden Journey, but they do have a line just for doing a walkthrough of the Castle, so I'm still able to do that part just not before I get on the ride.
:goodvibes:flower3::goodvibesTHANK YOU for the information, we are incredibly excited to go to Universal (never been) and to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! The Hippogriff sounds PERFECT, I wil have ot check it out for Lisa, she will be thrilled!
Preston is getting worse with his physical therapy. He is back to using his walker some of the time. When he is not using it, we have to hold on to him to help him walk. He is going to see 2 of his doctors next week and have an MRI done on Monday. I hope the MRI will show us whats going on and the doctors give us some insight on what to do to get him walking again without pain. Synovial:flower3:
I hope you get the answers you deserve and Preston gets some relief!
I updated my thread....lol....I seem to only post once a year or something stupid like that :)

Link is in my signature, Becca's wish trip :)

Mandy
Mandy, Thank you for sharing your daughter's thread, what an AMAZING GIFT the Mousescrapper's shared with your family! That must help you relive the magic over and over!

I want to say I LOVE seeing all of the New Wishtrippers and I remember that feeling of excitement and waiting for answers (I am STILL seeking answers)! Someone posted a few pages back (I wasn't able to answer that the time) how they felt a bit awkward (NOT their words; however, that was the gist). I wanted to say I knew how you felt...but now, I have no worries posting here. I just began to read their stories and post on other people's threads...and soon the DIS was a very comfortable place to be...obviously, I talk a lot on here!

It is also wonderful to see the families who have already been on their trips come back, not just to answer questions but to share life updates...this thread seems to ebb and flow at times; but, I LOVE the fact it is here and THANK YOU MAROO for continuing the tradition that was started in 2007. I know life gets in the way sometimes, when we would rather DIS!

I just gotta say, Maroo, you are so absolutely fantastic getting caught up with everyone!! What a sweetheart you are!!!!! :hug:

I'm nervous about this thread being shut down.....I hope everyone finds the new one!

We are officially operating under the guise of "less then 3 weeks and we are really GOING!?!?!?" mode right now. So very exciting.....my brain is officialy torn in two, with Disney planning and the rest of LIFE.

Again, welcome to all newbies!!

Hello everyone!! Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday!!

So...I was just thinking about this and...well... we are down to our last

before Katelyn's big trip!! I cannot believe what an amazing journey this has been with all of you!!

I am gonna try to stop back in before we leave...if I can fight my way from under the :laundy: & packing!!! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter