Makahiki Character Dinner Questions

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Is the Makahiki character dinner set up in two separate sittings...as in where the restuarant is completely ‘cleared’ of guests after the first dinner? :confused3

Made reservations for Thursday evening character dinner @ Makahiki had to settle for earlier time than I wanted, 4 pm.

My understanding is there are two ‘shows’ per night but don’t see any times currently available for the 2nd one. Not sure if it’s completely booked or not. Will keep checking.

Read a few reviews as to long waits to be seated there. wondering if I do manage to secure a 5:00 pm reservation, whether we would have to leave the restuarant after the 6 pm show or not? Just don’t want to be rushed if not seated promptly.

49AF61A9-8BBC-457F-8C6E-437CD8B3EA5E.jpeg

I don't know about the second seating but we have never been rushed. They just clear out different sections of the restaurant and bring in the new people. I think the character handlers know who paid for the characters and who are new people coming in.

We’ve had a couple of reservations at 5ish and never been rushed to get out at a certain time. We have been asked if we got to see all the characters just so they could make sure they didn’t miss someone.

When we were there, there was only one character dinner. I was unaware of the character dinner and had a reservation for 6pm, which was the first seating after the character meal. We walked up at 5:15 asking if they could take us any earlier, and they told us yes but that we'd be charged the character meal price which was a couple bucks higher, and the character "show" was mostly over. So, we waited until 6pm and I think we were only one of three tables in the place for the first bit of our meal. It was a great time to dine there, much quieter and more enjoyable for us!

The second show is new to me, so I wonder if they take reservations in between shows for people not interested in the character meal? I'm sure they allow time for the people from the first show to clear out, but I can't imagine they're leaving food on the buffet during that time with few people eating off it.

Some questions on the character dining:
For dinner how do you know you are booking the Character Dinner and not "regular dining"?
Do you just choose one of the show seating times?
Are you able to go to the buffet as soon as you are seated?
Or do you have to wait until showtime?

Thanks!

T
Some questions on the character dining:
For dinner how do you know you are booking the Character Dinner and not "regular dining"?
Do you just choose one of the show seating times?
Are you able to go to the buffet as soon as you are seated?
Or do you have to wait until showtime?

Thanks!

The Menehune Mischief Character Dinner is on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday, Friday and Saturday dinner is regular buffet.

Yes - you choose one of the show seating times on any of those show dates.

I believe you can go to the buffet as soon as you are seated - does anyone else know for sure?

They definitely don't rush you. We did wait a bit for seating (plus there's a photo with a character first). The wait was much longer before the breakfast, and there was a laid-back vibe to the dinner. I think you can basically stay as long as you like.

They definitely don't rush you. We did wait a bit for seating (plus there's a photo with a character first). The wait was much longer before the breakfast, and there was a laid-back vibe to the dinner. I think you can basically stay as long as you like.
Just keep an eye on the characters when u step up to buffet so u don’t miss when they come to your table

We had early seating for dinner. Appeared Most diners were clearing out within 1-1/2 hrs. There were many people waiting when we left

IMO for dinner book as early as possible

How likely is it to get a walk-in for Breakfast? I was able to book a dinner, but the breakfast is completely booked for our 6 night stay.

You can go to the buffet whenever you’d like. We went right after they took our drink orders and many people had food already.

When we went, you could not do a walk up. But we were there for part of Fall Break for the Hawaiian schools. Very busy then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter