Makahiki character dinner questions

AZMermaid

DIS Veteran
Hi! We just moved up our trip to July so booking time is almost here! We are planning on doing the character dinner. Couple questions:

1. I see the show times are set with certain seating times. Does the earlier seating time (4:30 vs 5:00) get you seats more in the action? Or is it random?

2. Is it the same menu as the non character nights? Specifically, is there sushi and seafood?

Mahalo!

Hi! We just moved up our trip to July so booking time is almost here! We are planning on doing the character dinner. Couple questions:

1. I see the show times are set with certain seating times. Does the earlier seating time (4:30 vs 5:00) get you seats more in the action? Or is it random? We had a 4:45 reservation and were seated in the actual dining room with the buffet, not outside, so that was a good seat for "the action." But, it seemed that people were randomly being seated all around us, inside and outside. We did not pay attention to it much, as two adults with no kids, but it seemed to me that the action moves throughout anyway. Maybe someone who went with kids will comment with something more helpful, though.

2. Is it the same menu as the non character nights? Specifically, is there sushi and seafood? I don't know if it's exactly the same because I've never checked the non-character night menu, but definitely yes there was sushi and seafood (crab legs, yum!) It was great!

Mahalo!

See above in red. Have fun!

If you have kids, ask for a seat indoors, as the kids activities are easiest to join and see from inside. Staff will go outside on the patio to collect kids before anything happens, but parents might not be able to see their kids as well. We were two adults at an earlier time and were seated up front at the area where the kids/uncle/Stitch do their interactive activities. I actually felt a bit bad that we had seats that might have been preferred for a family, but I had to remind myself that Disney is for adults, too, and we enjoyed the entertainment. My food was made special by a chef to accommodate food allergies, so I cannot speak to the menu. The menu will be posted outside the entrance of the restaurant when you get there. I have a photo somewhere of the regular Makahiki menus from October 2017; they may have changed slightly since:

45902438465_c002a8741a_k.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter