Major issue with rental..

Stevecari

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are at Ft Wilderness now, we arrived Wednesday afternoon. Apparently Greenberg has had some sort of major issue...although their communication has been horrible/nothing whatsoever. We were at Disney by 5. Contacted Greenberg when we landed at 3:30 and were told they were on their way to deliver. The camper wasn’t delivered until 9pm and is not the camper we reserved/paid for. Because is was dark they couldn’t get it leveled. There are no keys, we can’t lock it! The back bedroom a/c doesn’t work. They had promised someone would be here by 10 am. today. No one ever came. I did forget my phone and missed a call from them...but I have called their number again and again the night we arrived and the next morning. Long story short...what would you do? How would you handle this? It’s now after midnight, but hope to speak with someone tomorrow. Would love some opinions. Thanks!

All you can do is keep trying to call. When you say they didn't come at 10 in the morning where you there? W hat time was the missed phone call? Is it possible, they came, running late, but you were gone? When they dropped off the trailer, they didn't leave you with keys, did you ask? I always thought when they s et up a camper, they review everything with you.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I'm just thinking of some of the possibilities

I would suggest that if you charged the trailer to a credit card, that you dispute the charges, especially if you have confirmation of what you originally ordered and paid for. When they dropped off the trailer did they give you paperwork. Does it list the correct model, etc that you ordered?

Sorry to hear this. It is terrible to start a vacation off with problems. I hope they get everything fixed up very soon. Please keep us up on the outcome.

All you can do is keep trying to call. When you say they didn't come at 10 in the morning where you there? W hat time was the missed phone call? Is it possible, they came, running late, but you were gone? When they dropped off the trailer, they didn't leave you with keys, did you ask? I always thought when they s et up a camper, they review everything with you.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I'm just thinking of some of the possibilities

I would suggest that if you charged the trailer to a credit card, that you dispute the charges, especially if you have confirmation of what you originally ordered and paid for. When they dropped off the trailer did they give you paperwork. Does it list the correct model, etc that you ordered?
We were here at until almost 11, so we didn’t miss them. The missed call was at 1:20pm. The guy that brought the trailer didn’t have keys. He recommended locking the main door and leaving the bathroom door unlocked. It’s wasn’t ideal but he was supposed to be back the next day before we left. At that point it was nearly 10pm It was all just crazy. The lack of communication is what is bothering me the most. We are super understanding people. Things happen. It’s how it’s dealt with that matters. I’ll keep you posted as to how it turns out.

Hi, we are at Ft Wilderness now, we arrived Wednesday afternoon. Apparently Greenberg has had some sort of major issue...although their communication has been horrible/nothing whatsoever. We were at Disney by 5. Contacted Greenberg when we landed at 3:30 and were told they were on their way to deliver. The camper wasn’t delivered until 9pm and is not the camper we reserved/paid for. Because is was dark they couldn’t get it leveled. There are no keys, we can’t lock it! The back bedroom a/c doesn’t work. They had promised someone would be here by 10 am. today. No one ever came. I did forget my phone and missed a call from them...but I have called their number again and again the night we arrived and the next morning. Long story short...what would you do? How would you handle this? It’s now after midnight, but hope to speak with someone tomorrow. Would love some opinions. Thanks!

Have you used them before? There are a lot of threads about RV rental companies on here and I do not recall anybody recommending that company.

I hope it all gets resolved soon! I'm not a night person, so I would have been sooooo cranky by 9pm! I know I've seen Greenberg's name pop up around here before, but haven't paid too much attention as far as their service record. Hopefully this is just a fluke and you're all squared away soon @Stevecari !

I think you should call the front desk and speak to a Disney manager, from what I have heard this is not the first time this has happened especially recently. I know Disney really does not have anything to do with non-preferred vendors but I do know they will not let any of their guests go through something like this. Disney also needs to know this is happening so it does not happen to any of their other guests.

I think you should call the front desk and speak to a Disney manager, from what I have heard this is not the first time this has happened especially recently. I know Disney really does not have anything to do with non-preferred vendors but I do know they will not let any of their guests go through something like this. Disney also needs to know this is happening so it does not happen to any of their other guests.

I agree with this. If for nothing else they might well have other complaints. If enough of them keep showing up Disney can take action to prevent them setting up on property because it does in a small way make Disney look bad too.

I won't get into Greenberg. I personally know people who have used them and had a good experience and I've read the posts with the opposite experience.

As recommended above, talk to the desk at the Outpost. While Disney doesn't have anything in this, they do try to help when they can. I just left the Fort Tuesday and I know things are pretty slow. If the camper won't work for you (no keys, not a layout that will accommodate you), the desk might offer a cabin until things can get sorted out with Greenberg. Nothing guaranteed, but being nice (even tearful) and asking if there is anything they can do to help, may go a long way.

Good luck.

I hope things get resolved and it doesn't impact your trip too much.

j

I’d start looking for alternatives whether that be other RV rental companies or hotels. Also, talk to Disney about alternatives.

When I was out there this summer, I was able to book last minute a Universal hotel.

Hang in there. WDW vacations are a series of unfortunate events followed by food poisoning and something hopefully turning out right at the end.

I finally spoke to a live person....who claimed to have no idea anything happen. She feels that since they “upgraded” us we shouldn’t be upset. We rented queen duo camper..and they gave us one with a bunk room. We have an adult daughter with us, who had a medical disability. This bunk room camper is a downgrade. I have yet to hear if we have keys yet. We did use them in the past and they were wonderful. We do plan to chat with the desk people as well as sent written info to Disney. I thought they were a preferred company last time we used them and this time we went with the familiar. We also plant to make a BBB complaint.

Greenbergs were a preferred vendor but Disney took that away from them over a year ago because of issues like this and many others. Hopefully you get this all straightened out and have a great time. We too have used Greenbergs for relatives but it was when they first went into business, then about 2 years ago for some reason the company went downhill and quick and we changed to another rental company for our relatives when they come to the Fort. Please follow up with the front desk and be sure to speak to a manager hopefully they will have a solution for you as Teamubr suggested or at least to make sure no one else has any issues with this company. There are to many good rental companies that service the Fort for people just like you who just want to come to Disney and have a great time and not worry about things like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!