Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.... figured I'd start here since you are always on top of things!!
We are looking for a most recent listing of all the new and refurbished attractions and the expected dates for openings, etc.
I realize most will simply say, for example... "fall 2019", but my family is just wondering about all the new stuff coming and we are planning out trips through 2022.
Yes, I know it's all estimates and things will change! :-)
Merged you with the thread that has all of this info. It is pinned to the top and easy to find otherwise.

I remember something about Spaceship Earth refurb, but there's nothing on the first post about dates...has there been any news about expected timeframes? Thanks.

I remember something about Spaceship Earth refurb, but there's nothing on the first post about dates...has there been any news about expected timeframes? Thanks.
Nothing has been locked in stone, but insiders have said Early next year to start, with a slight chance of it being Dec of this year.

We'll be staying at Saratoga in mid December in the preferred area. Hopefully those will be the first to be refurbished and we'll get to stay in one.

I realize that the Epcot entrance re-work is a multi-year project, but the leave a legacy stones are already half-gone! Does anyone know additional details about when the monoliths will be completely gone and the entrance will be completely "opened up" again?

Also, are they looking for Jimmy Hoffa under the old tram loop? In all seriousness, what adjustments are being made to the new loop vs the old loop, why not just re-pave?

I realize that the Epcot entrance re-work is a multi-year project, but the leave a legacy stones are already half-gone! Does anyone know additional details about when the monoliths will be completely gone and the entrance will be completely "opened up" again?

Also, are they looking for Jimmy Hoffa under the old tram loop? In all seriousness, what adjustments are being made to the new loop vs the old loop, why not just re-pave?
Its a phased project. As you can see they are doing one area at a time.

It looks like it will be a fully new tram loop similar to the new one at DHS.

If you believe some on other sites, this is an homage to Reflections and EPCOT. The new direction of Epcot has many, many historical Epcot fans really stressed out.
I was 11 when EPCOT opened and I didn't truly appreciate it until I was an adult; I found it boring (except Wonders of Life). I treat the World Showcase essentially as a separate 'park' and I don't understand why people get so upset about change; I'd rather visit the Parks every few years and have some new experiences to enjoy, than see the same old tired attractions everywhere (I do Tiki and Country Bears every couple trips...maybe). If you're going to add or refresh, why not use your own IP. Of course, I'd much rather see a 5th park get built (Villians anyone?), but that kind of expense is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!