Maintenance Fee Payment

DVCSunDevil

DIS Veteran
This upcoming January will be our first year paying maintenance fees. How does DVC usually bill that? Will it show up on the dashboard? And can you pay it with a credit card (to get the points)? I am just curious about the logistics for receiving the bill and paying it. Thank you!

You will get a bill in the mail. But, once it’s posted, you can just go online and pay. There is a link for Annual Dues.

And, yes, you can use the CC to pay in full. Monthly payments have to be from a checking account.

pay all at once via credit card, or autopay x12 months via direct debt

You can also pay by Disney Gift Card. I accumulate them through the year to save up tp 10%-14%. (Meijer, Kroger, BJ's tend to be popular methods, Target is an easy 5% with a red card). Even if you haven't accumulated enough in Jan, you can select the "monthly from your checking account" option and each month before it is due you can log in and make a GC payment and they will not hit your checking account that month.

As noted you can just pay all at once with the CC or gift cards. If you want to instead pay monthly in 12 installments (with no interest charged), you need to set up, through MS accounting, to have monthly withdrawals taken automatically from your US bank account, and, if that is your choice, you need to act now to set that up for 2021 rather than waiting until late Dec when the bill comes out.

Setting up the 12 monthly payments is self-serviceable online. No need to contact Member Accounting. There is a deadline though which will be communicated once the 2021 dues invoices post online.

I'm a little confused about the timeline. It says that it is due in January but late fees won't be incurred until February. So when do people usually pay in Jan or Feb?

I'm a little confused about the timeline. It says that it is due in January but late fees won't be incurred until February. So when do people usually pay in Jan or Feb?

The bill you receive in late December will provide a due date of January 15. However, as long as you pay by Feb 15, there is no interest or penalty added. So when you pay during that period is your choice as long as you pay by Feb 15.

It will be posted on-line way - maybe mid December - before you receive your bill. If you follow the boards, you will read it here that dues are posted by someone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter