Main Street refurb rope-drop update

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
OK: here's the situation with the rope drop while the MS refurb is underway.

As you can see from the pics below, the main hub is completely enclosed. In fact, we could see and hear construction equipment at work this morning.

In the first pic, you'll see that the rope is only up for about half the width of the street (up to the horse hitching post). The other half towards the boards is left open; no rope at all. But CMs stand there and ask guests to stay behind the imaginary line. As you might imagine, this makes things slightly cramped. However, it wasn't especially busy today so it wasn't too bad. I'd hate to see it on a busy day, though.
IMG_4142.JPG

As seen below, the entire hub and a good portion of MS are blocked.

IMG_4171.JPG

Last edited:
And a few more pics from the park today.

I was once again first on PP (for the second week in a row). Then I went to Mr. Toad and it was a walk-on. As soon as my ride finished, though, the line was longer than expected and I didn't do a second ride.

Did reasonably well on Buzz today, as you can see. Other than that, not too much to report.

Here's a panorama of the construction/refurb at the head of MS.
IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

The Haunted Mansion in transition.
IMG_4166.JPG

View attachment 294809

View attachment 294806

IMG_4156.JPG

IMG_4169.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. We are there end of February so I’m anxious to see the progress on MS. I’m guessing by our trip a good portion of the middle of Main Street will be enclosed but the hubs will be open.

so did you eat the marshmallow first? so how far did you move over that imaginer line once the crowd of folks gathered behind you.....sounds like a great social experiment....stroller butting and all.

Thank you for the the pics and updates. We have a trip in 3 weeks, and are kind of bummed about the Main Street refurb. I was so looking forward to that morning walk towards the castle with the view!

Oh well, I am sure there will be plenty of other magic to be had.

Thank you for the the pics and updates. We have a trip in 3 weeks, and are kind of bummed about the Main Street refurb. I was so looking forward to that morning walk towards the castle with the view!

With any luck, construction on the main hub will be complete by then. Who knows? I go most Sundays and will update as I go. Maybe this part will be done by the time you come. Let's hope so, in any case.

Last edited:
so did you eat the marshmallow first?
Actually, I've been off sugar for about 30 years. I never eat that kind of stuff. But I enjoy looking. I get as much or perhaps even more pleasure :-).

so how far did you move over that imaginer line once the crowd of folks gathered behind you.....sounds like a great social experiment....stroller butting and all.
People -- myself included -- we're pretty well behaved and few if any stepped over the imaginary line. When they did, CMs kindly asked to step back behind it.

thank you for sharing the calories , I appreciate the photos and tiny details...I may have missed my calling by not aspiring to be a treat designer for Disneyland....I have been doing some nice art work with all the rocks I am finding in the Arizona desert and my wife says that I cannot create Disneyland in the back yard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter