Mailing a gift to a crew member?

DocCourtney

Earning My Ears
We have been on many cruises and as such have developed friendships with several crew members on the Dream. I’d like to send one of them a package for the extra love and attention she gave my 11 year old on our last cruise (he became ill onboard and was stuck in our stateroom).

I have her address but does anyone have ideas what to send? I was thinking some fun gift cards. Any other ideas?

What will they do with the package if she isn’t onboard currently?

We’ll be back onboard in October and want to be sure she receives her gifts before we return.

Last edited:
Honestly the best thing you can do is write DCL and give her name and what she did. This will be copied to her supervisor and manager and will go in her file and will help when it comes to promotions, etc. far more than gift cards she may not be able to use or trinkets she wouldn't have room for in her cabin or food she might be allergic to.

Honestly the best thing you can do is write DCL and give her name and what she did. This will be copied to her supervisor and manager and will go in her file and will help when it comes to promotions, etc. far more than gift cards she may not be able to use or trinkets she wouldn't have room for in her cabin or food she might be allergic to.

I write her a glowing letter (drop it in the review box) every time I’m onboard. She is now the head of a department. This would be something special just for her.

I write her a glowing letter (drop it in the review box) every time I’m onboard. She is now the head of a department. This would be something special just for her.

Facts not mentioned in the initial post.

Still...especially being head of a department she likely has limited time off-ship in the home port where gift cards could be used. And even department heads have tiny cabins.

As for what if she is on vacation...if you're that good of friends, you should be able to ask when she is on vacation. AND if she is getting moved - DCL can and does make crew changes as necessary even mid-contract.

But if you know 100% she will be on the same ship, the best thing is to ask her when she is on vacation and the deadline for mailing or sending something to her. My sister always gives us a deadline when she is about to go off contract. Or be moved. Which leads me to believe that if something arrives when she is not there the odds of her getting it are going to be pretty slim.

Also, make sure you have the correct address if it's going to be a package. There are different addresses for letters and for packages.

Great information, thanks. I had told her I was going to send her something. So, she gave me her package address. She should be at the end of her current contract soon. I didn't think to ask her the exact date. She's been on the Dream for years now. So, I would be shocked if she moved.

Maybe the best thing to do is to send in another letter on her behalf and bring her something in October.

Great information, thanks. I had told her I was going to send her something. So, she gave me her package address. She should be at the end of her current contract soon. I didn't think to ask her the exact date. She's been on the Dream for years now. So, I would be shocked if she moved.

Maybe the best thing to do is to send in another letter on her behalf and bring her something in October.

Sounds like a plan.

The odds of her being moved may be slim, but if the company needs it, they can move people.

I'm glad you had such a good experience with her!

Is she from another country? If so, I would seek treats from her country and send those or bring those to her in October.

We fell in love with a British CM on the activity team as well as our room steward who is Indonesian. I shopped at an intl market in our area for British snacks and candy as well as some from Indonesia. When we sailed on the same ship the next year, we brought them each a gift bag, found them on the ship and gave them the bags. My thinking was that they may have missed those familiar items.

I could recommend some pampering items such as quality unscented lotion, a cuticle oil pen, a Wonder Cloth (get mine from Amazon), a flameless candle, maybe some foam earplugs so she can nap/sleep in peace, and a stack of magazines. Or maybe an ulta-luxurious pillowcase.

You are very kind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!