Magical Moment

Ryansdad0727

DIS Veteran
Describe the moment when you knew that you were hooked on Disney.

For me it was in 2004 and me and my DW were going to Disney for our honeymoon. I figured i would not care for it that much but she would like it. As soon as I walked into adventureland and got on Pirates of the Carribean i was hooked. I had been before when i was 12 and always liked Disney but never imagined that i would love it. Now my DW wishes i would shut up about it every now and them. I love planning the trips.

I have to say my most Magical Moment was taking my DS(13) on his first trip to Disney when he was 4. The look on his face was priceless! Everything made him smile!!! His favorite ride was POTC. We had to ride it over and over! I think we ended up riding it 6 times in one day. I had been many times growing up and remember every visit, but taking him for the first time was by far the best trip yet! We have been once more since his first visit and are actually going on a mother/son trip this Saturday to celebrate his 13th b-day. We are both very excited! I guess once we get back from this wonderful trip I will start planning DD's first trip for 2013!! We plan on taking her for the first time when she is 4 also. I have actually started planning her trip in my head!

Robin

Great question. The magical moment for me came on our 1st trip in 2005 with my children (not 1st visit with my parents or honeymoon).

My youngest daughter, 15 months at the time, was scared of the characters. We were really worried until the end of the second day when we found the Princess pavilion for the 1st time. We waited in line and after 30 minutes, it was our turn. When she saw Snow White, her favorite princess, she ran past everyone and jumped on Snow White to give her a hug. Fortunately, no one was mad and were understanding. She backed off and waited for her turn. From that point on, she was never afraid of another character again. That same trip, my oldest dd's (3) favorite princess was Aurora. We still have her picture with Aurora and she has such a huge smile on her face. She was actually speechless when she saw Aurora, which I believe is the 1st time she stopped since she was born. We started going back yearly, and started going twice a year.

We are taking our DS (1) for the first time in December and i can't wait to see the look on his face. He has been smiling since he was 4 months old every time he sees Mickey on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's the cutest thing to see him smile and giggle then look around to see us.

Great thread!

My magical moment was the first trip to Disney in 2006 with the family - DH, DD (then 6), and DS (then 4). It was during their "Cinderellabration". All the princesess and princes came to the wedding of Cinderella and Prince Charming at the castle. My DD looked up at me and said, "Mommy, it's just like I dreamed it." *sniff, sniff*:sad1:
That was absolutely priceless!

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

We went on a large family trip back in 2007- all my sisters, their families, my mom, and some of the in-laws. This trip was the first time we took my DS, who was only 6 months old at the time and it was also the last trip a family member took before they succumbed to a long-term illness, so this trip was very special to me in general.

With that being said, the real "magic" came around 6 o'clock one night while we were at the MK. They made an announcement throughout the park explaining that something magical was going to happen in front of the castle in 30 minutes. This night was the first night they ever lit the castle with Christmas lights. It was the most breathtaking thing I think I've ever seen. Knowing that we were the first ones in Disney World history to see this makes it even more special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter