Magical Express Question

kutzfam

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been successful in adding an additional person, not on your reservation, to your magical express??

Last edited:
Just add them to your reservation. That way you will be OK for ME and they will get a MB and be able to get fast passes. Unless you will be over the room limit or trying to avoid the DDP.

Disney’s Magical Express is for those who have reservations at a Disney resort. Therefore the only way to use the service is to add the to your own reservation.

Just add them to your reservation. That way you will be OK for ME and they will get a MB and be able to get fast passes. Unless you will be over the room limit or trying to avoid the DDP.

OP edited the post. They have a studio for 4, and 5 people.

OP edited the post. They have a studio for 4, and 5 people.
Thank you very much for your concern. Flight plans changed and needed one room for a night and that’s all that was available. One person is actually staying with relatives in Orlando for the night. I hope this helps you rest better.

Thank you very much for your concern. Flight plans changed and needed one room for a night and that’s all that was available. One person is actually staying with relatives in Orlando for the night. I hope this helps you rest better.

If the studio you are going to does not allow 5, then unfortunately, the extra person will not be eligible for using Magical Express.

Has anyone been successful in adding an additional person, not on your reservation, to your magical express??

You could Uber or Lyft. I suggest Uber. I used both this past week and Uber cost less. Lyft had a lot of fees involved.

As for your question-you can't add people unless to your MExpress unless they are on your room reservation. And, unless your resort is first in line for drop off, you will get to the resort faster using car service.

Have fun !

You can pay cash for DME, just check with the CM at the check-in area

Can you expand? Since DME is going to resorts, how would that work? Pay for whatever resort you want? Never heard this and nothIng on Disney site mentions this. I’m curious!

From MCO, the CMs weren't concerned. We had a valid reservation (last minute) so magical express wasn't arranged. They didn't confirm our other reservation and let the additional person on.
Unfortunately, that reservation couldn't be for the duration of the trip - so for the last two days we squeezed into one. So the magical express to MCO for that person was technically earlier than the flight. We called them up and explained the situation, they confirmed both reservations and made the change to accomodate the extra person.

I'm not sure if this is standard practice or not, but we were able to get it. I should also note that we didn't exceed capacity and we were entitled to 2 round trips on magical express, it just didn't fit the schedule.

From MCO, the CMs weren't concerned. We had a valid reservation (last minute) so magical express wasn't arranged. They didn't confirm our other reservation and let the additional person on.
Unfortunately, that reservation couldn't be for the duration of the trip - so for the last two days we squeezed into one. So the magical express to MCO for that person was technically earlier than the flight. We called them up and explained the situation, they confirmed both reservations and made the change to accomodate the extra person.

I'm not sure if this is standard practice or not, but we were able to get it. I should also note that we didn't exceed capacity and we were entitled to 2 round trips on magical express, it just didn't fit the schedule.

But did the additional person put you over occupancy? If you still had room to accommodate them in your reservation, but just hadn’t yet added them, that is different then as,I get to add a non-resort guest to DME when they can’t be added,

But did the additional person put you over occupancy? If you still had room to accommodate them in your reservation, but just hadn’t yet added them, that is different then as,I get to add a non-resort guest to DME when they can’t be added,

No, that’s what I meant by didn’t exceed capacity. But, we also had a DDP on one but not the other. So I’m not sure that extra person should have been added.

No, that’s what I meant by didn’t exceed capacity. But, we also had a DDP on one but not the other. So I’m not sure that extra person should have been added.

That is what I thought you meant but wanted to be sure. In that case, I could see them allowing you to do it as you still had room on your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter