Magical express question

JasD

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. When using Magical Express how long does it usually take to get to your resort after landing.
Thanks

There are lots of variables, but most people say the average is about 90 minutes. The biggest factor is whether or not a bus to your resort just left or not. A couple times we were the first people on a new bus and we ended up waiting about 30 minutes for them to fill it and then it is about a 25 minute drive to Disney property. Most busses go to 2 or 3 resorts, so if you are stop 1, you will be there quite a bit sooner than if you are stop 3.

Most of the time, it has taken us about an hour but we had one time take close to two hours

It isn't too bad. I wouldn't reccomend having anything booked too close to your plane landing though. I'd give yourself 2-3 hours just to be on the safe side.

Don't schedule anything until at least 3 hours after you land. Your flight might get delayed, the line for Magical Express might be long or it might be short. The drive itself isn't longer than an hour but you might be the first reservation or the last. Plus you might have a long line for checkin.

I travel a lot for business, so I'm on planes a lot and usually on a tight schedule. From my experience you'll need anywhere from 40-60 minutes to get off the plane and get to car rental/bus/taxi location. This time includes: Taxi time to the gate, deboarding the plane and walking to the bus area. Add time if you're at the back of the plane, have small kids, gate checked strollers or baggage.

Then you can wait anywhere from 10 minutes to 30ish? minutes to get on the bus and start moving. Depends on how many people are there. Then just use google directions from the airport to your resort and you may have to add 10-40 minutes if you're not the first resort they are stopping at.

Long story short: Add 2-3 hours from the moment you land till you get to the resort.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. When using Magical Express how long does it usually take to get to your resort after landing.
Thanks
On our last trip, from the time we booked at the desk to getting to POR took around 2hrs.
The magical express we were on stopped at Saratoga springs, Old Key west & POFQ before stopping at POR.
From landing & clearing customs to getting to POR was around 3-3.5hrs.

I’m glad you posted this thread. When I asked a Disney Representative last week she told me about 30-40 min from the time I get in line for the bus to being dropped off to the hotel. Big difference.

I’m glad you posted this thread. When I asked a Disney Representative last week she told me about 30-40 min from the time I get in line for the bus to being dropped off to the hotel. Big difference.

That's optimistic, but not out of the realm of possibility. The last two times I took the Magic Express, the first time there was a line and had to wait for the next bus, the second time we just got on board. The first time we went to OKW and had to wait a few stops, the second time we were the first stop at Coronado (I think). 40-90 minutes is a nice spread.

I think 90 minutes is a safe estimate, seems to be about what it usually takes us. We fly SW and by choice sit in the back of the plane so are usually among the last off, then we have to have a bathroom break once off the plane. We have been lucky in that the resort we are going to is usually the first stop-Coronado. Since we are usually on the very first flight of the day there isn't too much of a line to get on the bus and have only had to wait a little once on the bus.

Our next trip is our first at the YC, hoping it goes as smoothly. We land at 8:25AM, I booked a brunch for 11:30, so that gives me some cushion.

That is more like the actual transit time to reach a resort once you depart the airport. (For example, it is 28 miles from the airport to the Polynesian). TOTAL time would include all of the other things people have mentioned above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!