Late reply but the lantern photo still is available at the Magic Kingdom. And the lantern shot is only available on normal operating days.

Thank you so much for the reply! do you know if there are specific spots for the lantern shot, or can it be taken anywhere in the evenings?

Thank you so much for the reply! do you know if there are specific spots for the lantern shot, or can it be taken anywhere in the evenings?
The photo is taken at the Tangled themed restrooms near It’s a Small World. It also appears in the app if you set the map to find ‘Photopass’.

Maybe it was the 9/15 party I saw it at....kind of a blur....
Line was long, but it wasn't an hour. Too long for us as it wasn't a party specific thing.......
Yeah I’m glad we didn’t use an hour of party time for it since it isn’t party specific. I just wasn’t expecting the line to be that long on 9/21, but it was our last night so we stuck it out. For reference, the line was all the way down to the end of fantasyland by the HM entrance. We got there right when they were setting up to take the shot around 7:45ish and were done at 8:50.

Thank you for the information. Sounds good that the floating lantern photo op is available likely every night so that will make plans easier for everyone. Are magic shots done during the parades, fireworks shows? *wonders*

UPDATE - Magic Kingdom

It's been a while since I've updated the parks, seems like the same old photos month after month with only a few new magic shots here and there. Magic Kingdom post has been overhauled in a directional path; starting at the front entrance, then just past the entrance, along Main Street and down to the Partners Statue. Please note some of these MS can be done in other locations as described and there are some photos specific to Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland and Liberty Square.

Here are the two MS that are retired:
Casting Agency MS near the Casting Agency Door on Main Street, U.S.A.
Hei Hei MS in Adventureland

The Casting Agency location still makes a great photo especially when wearing any of The Dress Shop dresses, during Dapper Days and on Halloween while in your costumes! ;)

I'll continue to update the other parks and events and keep you all posted! Please feel free to post your photos along with the date it was taken to avoid confusion. Again, this is a safe and friendly environment :grouphug:

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. Sounds good that the floating lantern photo op is available likely every night so that will make plans easier for everyone. Are magic shots done during the parades, fireworks shows? *wonders*

Yes they are. And so are the photo props! CM's will start near the Partner Statue and work their way down Main Street with props until the parade starts.

UPDATE - EPCOT

The post for EPCOT has been overhauled in a directional path; starting at the front entrance, then on to Future World and around each pavilion with Mexico being first. I've also included TWO magic shots for Food & Wine, if I'm missing any please feel free to post your 2019 photos here or PM me.

The only retired photo is the Fairy Wings Magic Shot as seen below.

Last edited:
UPDATE - Hollywood Studios

Last one for tonight! We begin at the entrance to Hollywood Studios and work around the park until we come to a fork in our path, which ever way you go there's plenty to do and see! Not much has changed here and no MS have retired.

What's really important to remember is the "Super-Charged" Disney PhotoPass being offered at Pixar Place. Time is running out to get these magic shots, use photo props and meet a few amazing characters because it all ends on September 30, 2010.

Free 8×10 Photo Print + Free Walgreens Store Pickup

Through September 28th, hop on over to Walgreens.com and snag a FREE 8×10 Photo Print when you use promo code FREEBIGPIC at checkout valid online and on the Walgreens app.

Even sweeter, be sure to select free in-store pickup at your local Walgreens to avoid shipping costs. Plus, most stores will have your print ready in less than 2 hours!

Step by Step LINK Thanks Hip2Save! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter