Magic morning arrival time

Karyanne

Mouseketeer
Any advice on what time to get to Mickey and friends on magic morning? I know it opens 90 min before official park opening but I’ve also heard lots of people are lined up before then. We are driving in from la on march 7th.

Any advice on what time to get to Mickey and friends on magic morning? I know it opens 90 min before official park opening but I’ve also heard lots of people are lined up before then. We are driving in from la on march 7th.
What do you want to achieve for MM? Do you want to be near the front of the turnstiles? Are you headed for Peter Pan?

When I go MM is usually at 7AM and that means DL doe snot open the turnstiles early. At 7AM they open which means it matters more if you are near the front...or back. If near the back it can take 10+ minutes just to get into DL which is a bummer as it east up your MM hour.

For 8AM MM I don't know if they openb the turnstiles early or not and hold folks at a rope in the hub. Inthat case it does not matter quite as much where you are.

Anyways, I always try to be near the front or at worst, within 10 groups of the turnstile. Do do that you need to be at the DL turnstiles with your body standing in line probably 45 minutes early.

Here are some timing issues when driving. If it was me I would:

1. Drop off large portion of your group on Harbor entrance first so they can get in line at the turnstiles. Make sure they have their park passes.

2. A small group or maybe just the driver, with their park pass!!!, parks the car and with haste tries to meet the group. If they get admitted into DL before the driver gets there, the driver will need to meet the group inside (and find them!).

See "Hidden Time Losses When Using a Car At DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1381580

If it were me I would be dropping off the larger group 75-90 minutes before MM, then heading to the parking garage ASAP.

:wizard:

What do you want to achieve for MM? Do you want to be near the front of the turnstiles? Are you headed for Peter Pan?

When I go MM is usually at 7AM and that means DL doe snot open the turnstiles early. At 7AM they open which means it matters more if you are near the front...or back. If near the back it can take 10+ minutes just to get into DL which is a bummer as it east up your MM hour.

For 8AM MM I don't know if they openb the turnstiles early or not and hold folks at a rope in the hub. Inthat case it does not matter quite as much where you are.

Anyways, I always try to be near the front or at worst, within 10 groups of the turnstile. Do do that you need to be at the DL turnstiles with your body standing in line probably 45 minutes early.

Here are some timing issues when driving. If it was me I would:

1. Drop off large portion of your group on Harbor entrance first so they can get in line at the turnstiles. Make sure they have their park passes.

2. A small group or maybe just the driver, with their park pass!!!, parks the car and with haste tries to meet the group. If they get admitted into DL before the driver gets there, the driver will need to meet the group inside (and find them!).

See "Hidden Time Losses When Using a Car At DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1381580

If it were me I would be dropping off the larger group 75-90 minutes before MM, then heading to the parking garage ASAP.

Unfortunately the drop off won’t work this time, just me and my 9 year old.

I am not sure when the parking structure opens on an MM day but I believe it is 60 minutes before MM. On non-MM days it is 90 minutes I think. Please all the rest of you, correct me if I am wrong!

I just do not see anyway you make PP using the parking structure and no family members to drop off early and hold your spot. If you said PP is is at absolute must during MM" then I would suggest you park further away somewhere and Uber in and get to the security lines about 60 minutes before MM - at 7AM.

If you can live without PP then 75 minutes early to M&F is probably about right...

I am not sure when the parking structure opens on an MM day but I believe it is 60 minutes before MM. On non-MM days it is 90 minutes I think. Please all the rest of you, correct me if I am wrong!

I just do not see anyway you make PP using the parking structure and no family members to drop off early and hold your spot. If you said PP is is at absolute must during MM" then I would suggest you park further away somewhere and Uber in and get to the security lines about 60 minutes before MM - at 7AM.

If you can live without PP then 75 minutes early to M&F is probably about right...

It’s only 30 minutes before MM, 90 minutes before official park opening. It will open at 6:30 for a 7:00 MM. Last time I was there that early, we got in line at 6:18, started moving just after 6:30, and didn’t get parked until almost 6:50 (we were not trying to make MM, just rope drop, so we were fine, but it wouldn’t have worked for MM).

I don’t think it’s really possible to park at Mickey and Friends and make it to MM on time... maybe if you’re the first one in the car line?

Hmmm well I think we will just be there as early as we can and hope for the best. Maybe plan for Peter Pan for the next day I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter