Magic Mining Company

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
A customer of mine has recommended this restaurant to me - reckons the steaks are superb. He tells me it's on US192, but wasn't able to say where exactly.

What does anyone else think of it, and can anyone tell me where it is?

Its on the 192 West, Disney side of the road near the Formosa gardens junction. 192 map

We've given them two tries since we've had the kids and they wouldn't feature in my top 50 list.
Setting was nice but IMO food and service mediocre, but then again I,ve been to Charlies steak house so other steaks all fade in comparison :D

It's next to Sheraton 4points Lakeside. Haven't eaten there but DH & DD went on the crazy golf there(rubbish). We always go by how busy a restaurant looks if we haven't eaten there before. One of the staff at the Sheraton goes there on Friday nights & likes it but the big queues were always across the road at Outback Steakhouse. You pays your money & takes your choice I suppose!
Carol:D

Oh THAT place! Well since I've driven past it a thousand times without giving it a second glance, I guess I can't want to go there that much!.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

Deb,
We went there in Nov last year- we found the service to be ok but the food was, in our opinion very average....rather go to Chilli's!

we havent eaten at the mining company but the steaks at the outback across the road are I.M.H.O are the best in orlando

mmmmmmmmmm
new york strip, i can taste that steak now
and the cheesecake, out of this world

giggles:Pinkbounc

Got to agree with everyone here. Nice setting, shame about the food. Very ordinary by comparison with a number of other steakhouses - Key W Kool's, Logan's, Outback, Wild Jack's and Catlleman's all MUCH better, IMHO. And then you can try Charley's, Morton's, the Butcher Shop, Old Hickory (Gaylord Palms) or even The Palm (Hard Rock Hotel) for the real 5-star steak experience.

This is one of those restaurants that relies on a gimick to get people to eat there. It's themed as an old mine with water gushing everywhere and, I think, mini golf on the roof!!

I think this definately goes in the 'nice to look at but food could be better' category. I totally agree with the others who say that Outback is far superior. This one is definately on our 'must do' list on every trip. Their 'Bloomin Onion' is superb, as are the steaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter