magic kingdom

rn1

Earning My Ears
Hi all...

I'm in the early stages of planning my disney wedding.. 02/03.. was thinking of getting my soon to be husband(doesn't that sound great?? ;) a stone from the walk around the world at magic kingdom... does anyone have any info on this?? price, etc..

thanks

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but as far as I know, they aren't doing those stones right now. I know they're doing the Leave a Legacy tiles at Epcot tho. If they are still doing the stones at MK, I'd love to know about it too :)

No, they aren't doing this anymore. I had wanted to do it for our honeymoon in January 2000. But I messed around and didn't get it done in time. Later that year, I went to do it and they had stopped. :(

It is true that Disney's Walk Around The World program has been discontinued, even though the walk around is not complete. Very sad!! I had sorely wanted one myself, especially one of the special wedding ones they offer WDW brides.

WDW now has the Leave A Legacy Tiles. Not nearly so wonderful as the bricks, but John and I decided to get one because we wanted some kind of tile/brick to commemorate our Disney Wedding. We got a text one instead of a picture, that said:

John
&
Michelle
Mangio

8-24-1

"All That We Are"

The last line is a short version of "With All That We Are." It has been our phrase for years, and is what we used when we exchanged our wedding rings. ("With all that we are, with this ring, I thee wed.") At $20 (with our DisneyClub discount) it was very worth it for us to do this, since we cannot get a brick.

However, I do want to mention that DisneyLand has a Walk Around the World program, and is still selling bricks for them. They are $150 each, and for $30 more you can get an acrylic or wooden replica of your brick to display at home.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Collectibles/index

I have a couple of the bricks at Walt Disney World, even though I've only bothered to find one of them (I also have a couple of the Leave A Legacy tiles). I must admit that it is a lot of fun to "visit" my brick whenever my family is on vacation, but I am sorry that Disney suspended that program a few years ago.

Okay, that was the bad news, now for the good news...

I recently purchased a brick at Disneyland in California. I will include the info for their program here. It isn't Disney World but it is the Daddy-of-all-Disney-theme-parks, so that should count for something!

From the Disneyland website:
- - - - - - -
It's an unforgettable gift, whether for you or a friend or family member. Just think, you'll be a part of the Disney magic and you'll see a concrete reminder of your best memories from the past every time you come to the Disneyland® Resort to create new memories. So make a lasting impression by sponsoring your own personalized brick on Disney's "Walk of Magical Memories."

Each brick can be inscribed with your name, hometown, state, a special date or commemoration of any extraordinary occasion such as a wedding anniversary, or birthday. Your brick will be numbered and it comes with a special certificate of authenticity.

Sponsor your Special Brick for only $150 each. For an additional $30, you can purchase an acrylic or wooden replica of your brick for your desk or mantel. There are a limited number of bricks available. You may order a brick at the entrance area to Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park, or contact (800) 760-3566.
- - - - - - -

Why wouldn't WDW be doing this anymore? They still have lots of spaces right out front! Anyone think they will re-start this or when? :confused:

Perhaps if enough of us make our voices heard, they may restart this. I am very sorry I didn't purchase one back when I wanted to, but I just didn't have the money. And I didn't they think would discontinue it. The original plans for the Walk Around The World is that it was suppose to be a walk around the seven seas lagoon, or at least connect the Polynesian, GF, Contemporary, and Magic Kingdom. That's a lot of bricks!

When we were there in December, someone from FTW told us that they're thinking about starting it up again because there have been alot of requests for it. You can send email to wdw.guest.communications@disney.com and let them know you'd like to see the bricks brought back. We're hoping for a wedding brick :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!