• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic KIngdom on Thrusday, Friday or Saturday?

mommyoftwins

Earning My Ears
We are going to Magic Kingdom with are 5-year-old twins for the first time. We can go either Thrusday January 2, Friday January 3, or Saturday 4. Does anyone has previous experience on which one will be the less crowded ?
Thank you

The general rule is usually to avoid Saturdays (a lot of locals). I like Fridays and some guidebooks say Friday is one the "lighter" days. HTH

If you are going to take advantage of Early Entry, then Thursday is the way to go, but I would not spend the whole day at the Magic Kingdom. If you can't or don't want to go early, then Friday is the best day. As Belle mentioned, avoid Saturday like the plague! Whichever day you choose, it is important to arrive early before opening. You can get so much done the first couple of hours of the day. Have fun!

We are going on 1/2-4 also. We have a 4 1/2 yr old and a 23 month old. We are going to MK on 1/2, DS on 1/3 and AK on 1/4 (we leave that night). Whatever you do, get to the parks early. Even if you leave for the entire afternoon to allow the kids to nap, you can see so much more in the early hours. Have fun!

My motto has been 'avoid MK on Saturdays at all costs!'. This being said...my dd just had to go to MK on 12/13. Really, really bad idea. I gave in, against my better judgement. Oh man. What a zoo. In the future, I don't care if she holds her breath and passes out.......we are NOT going to do MK on a Saturday again!!! If I were you, I would do EE on Thursday, spend a couple of hours there and then leave. Go back on Friday morning and finish up whatever you didn't get to do the day before. But stay out of the place on Sat!!!!!!

I vote for going on a Friday.
We went on 12/12 (Friday). Got there right at 9:00.
We were able to do all of Fantasyland, plus Ariel's Grotto.
Then we moved on to the Haunted Manison, BTMRR, Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise & Magic Carpets all by 1:00pm! Plus we met a few characters along the way :)

I vote for Friday :)

Just a note on JamesD's comment. You need to be staying at a Disney resort to take advantage of Early Entry. If you're staying off property, it's not a factor.

Still, get there as early as possible.

Originally posted by mommyoftwins
We are going to Magic Kingdom with are 5-year-old twins for the first time. We can go either Thrusday January 2, Friday January 3, or Saturday 4. Does anyone has previous experience on which one will be the less crowded ?
Thank you
Keep in mind that the "regular rules" won't apply to the days you've listed. With New Year's Day on a Thursday this year, loads and loads of people are extending their holiday and staying at the parks through Saturday and traveling on Sunday, Jan 4. If you're actually in the parks through the 4th (you mention "Saturday 4" above, but Saturday is actually January 3 ... ), then by all means, go on January 4. The weekend holiday crowds will have diminished noticeably, and Sunday is a good day. If, however, you're actually there Thurs, Fri and Sat, it honestly won't make a difference when you go. It will be solidly packed all three days. Get there early!

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter