Magic Kingdom in March

patbdav

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are planning a trip in early March of 2019 and haven't been in several years. I seem to remember Magic Kingdom being open until at least 9 or 10PM on our last March trip but the current Disney calendar shows MK closing at 8pm every night of our trip.

Is this the new norm, or will they likely extend the park hours when we get closer to March?

Hours could possible change is it gets nearer to your arrival date. I do remember when looking months out for my trip the the MK was scheduled to close at 10pm then about a month or so before our arrival date we noticed that the hours were extended from 10pm to midnight.

I’ll be there in March as well (11th through 16th) and I’m noticing that they aren’t offering any Disney After Dark events at any of the four parks that week. They also haven’t opened up Earky Morning Magic for MK past February. Someone told me to look at previous history to see what dates were offered last year and that’s when I discovered Early Morning Magic wasn’t offered in 2018 on the week that I’m going to be there. It was offered every other week that month as well as in February and April. What am I missing? Why aren’t these special events offered the 2nd week of March?

I’ll be there in March as well (11th through 16th) and I’m noticing that they aren’t offering any Disney After Dark events at any of the four parks that week. They also haven’t opened up Earky Morning Magic for MK past February. Someone told me to look at previous history to see what dates were offered last year and that’s when I discovered Early Morning Magic wasn’t offered in 2018 on the week that I’m going to be there. It was offered every other week that month as well as in February and April. What am I missing? Why aren’t these special events offered the 2nd week of March?

March starts to get into heavy Spring Break season and sometimes these special events go on hiatus. Likely due to what will eventually be extended park hours. EMM doesn’t run for pre-9am MK openings and DAH hasn’t been offered (in recent times) for anything later than 10pm MK closings. I think the week in March where DAH isn’t being offered in 2019 is either TX spring break, Orlando spring break, or both (someone correct me if I’m wrong on this).

Although EMM has been on the schedule in late 2018 for dates where it didn’t use to be offered, so keep an eye out for March when they do open up dates past Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!