Magic Kingdom Day 2 & Day 9 touring/fast pass plan

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
I'm going to the Magic Kingdom on our first and last park day (Day 2 and Day 9) of my family's first ever trip to Disney World with a boy age 8 and a girl age 6. Both of those days are late extra magic hours and we plan to take an afternoon nap break on both days.

We are starting Day 2 off with pre park Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and then breakfast at Cinderella's Royal table.

We are starting Day 9 off with pre-park breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest.

We will have reserved seating at the Fireworks show (Dessert Party) on our first Magic Kingdom day and reserved seating at the parade (via Tony's Parade package) on our second Magic kingdom day.

My goal for Magic Kingdom would be to experience all of the attractions (hence why I booked the reserved seating, pre park opening breakfasts and am doing it on extra magic hours day).

1. Is this a realistic goal?
2. How should I organize the touring. Should I separate it by lands?
3. When should I do fantasy land? On one hand my daughter will be dressed like a princess on the first day and it might be a great intro to Disney but on the other hand on our second day we will already be in BOG and with Day 9 fast passes and no tiering at Magic Kingdom we could probably get good early fast passes to the big Fantasy Land attractions (7 Dwarf's mine train, peter pan, etc.). It could a magical way to end our vacation.

Last edited:
You could probably get the bulk of the attractions in one day, assuming it's not a very heavy crowd day. Book your 2 fastpasses early in the day. The key will be to get to your additional fastpasses as early as possible. I do entire days at MK and just about every attraction I do with a fastpass. It will be a very full/packed day, but it's doable. Your 2nd MK day could then be a more relaxed pace and just repeated some favourite rides and picking up anything you may have missed.

The other option would be to split the park up by land and take a more leisurely approach to your 2 days. I personally don't take this approach because my priority is always on maximizing additional fastpasses, not minimizing walking. If you were going to do this, then Fantasyland on your 2nd day makes the most sense since you'll be able to ride 7DMT after BOG without having to use FP for it..

When I did my 2 MK days (granted i don't have kids, so the pace might be different with your family), I broke it up by day 1 doing Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, and planned for about half of Fantasyland when I finished up the other lands, but ended up doing almost everything in Fantasyland that day too, thanks to additional fast passes after my first 3. Also stayed for Fireworks that night and had an early lunch at Crystal Palace. Day 2, I did the one thing in Fantasyland i didn't get to, plus a late breakfast at BOG, plus tomorrowland and then was able to repeat a bunch of favorites before having to leave at 4:30 that day for a dinner at a resort. If I didn't have to leave early I would have fit the parade in, but didn't have time this trip unfortunately. I've seen it before though. Make sure to do all 3 fast passes on the early side so you can get more afterwards.

You can definitely get all the attractions done! I would suggest going to Fantasyland first thing BOTH mornings, after the parks have been open an hour or so FL gets mobbed until late at night. If you can't get something done in FL before lines get long I would go back at night during EMH, it clears out decently early! Make sure and utilize FP as early as possible so you can snag more throughout the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!