Magic July 14 - 21, 2019

Hey, Beth, it was so nice to meet you in person and see you around the ship. How did Disneyland Paris go? I think you were gone before the record heat hit. We arrived in Paris on the day that they hit the new record. 107.8 is HOT! We enjoyed our time there the following week. We were finally able to try out Big Thunder Mt Railroad and we all loved the Rockin Rollercoaster. Had a great day trying out a couple of new places to eat and walked 12 miles.

Hope all is well with your family.
Marni
it was super great meeting you Marni!!
and i'm still amazed that you figured out who i am..
we were at DLP for the record...
the entire 5 days we were there, it was HOT, and the last day was that record heat..
DLP is hot on a regular day, so that day was hell on earth..
we enjoyed DLP, but i have no plans on ever going back...
for what it costs, better to get ourselves to WDW...

it was super great meeting you Marni!!
and i'm still amazed that you figured out who i am..
we were at DLP for the record...
the entire 5 days we were there, it was HOT, and the last day was that record heat..
DLP is hot on a regular day, so that day was hell on earth..
we enjoyed DLP, but i have no plans on ever going back...
for what it costs, better to get ourselves to WDW...

Glad you all lived through the crazy heat! Were crowds lower since it was so hot? Crazy to think it is less expensive for you all to vacation at WDW. We are surprising the kids with a few days at Disneyland in March after our WBPC cruise so we can check out Galaxies Edge. I hope they have the other ride up by then. We are planning to be at WDW in 2021 after our son graduates from college. We are afraid of the heat in Florida in June or July. :) Did you make an onboard booking with any plans for a future cruise? We thought we would reshop our PC cruise, but it has been sold out except for concierge. Our next one after that will be a cruise to celebrate our son’s graduation. I hope Disney goes back to Venice in about 5 years. I was sad to have missed that one. Blessings to your family for a great rest of the year.

Glad you all lived through the crazy heat! Were crowds lower since it was so hot? Crazy to think it is less expensive for you all to vacation at WDW. We are surprising the kids with a few days at Disneyland in March after our WBPC cruise so we can check out Galaxies Edge. I hope they have the other ride up by then. We are planning to be at WDW in 2021 after our son graduates from college. We are afraid of the heat in Florida in June or July. :) Did you make an onboard booking with any plans for a future cruise? We thought we would reshop our PC cruise, but it has been sold out except for concierge. Our next one after that will be a cruise to celebrate our son’s graduation. I hope Disney goes back to Venice in about 5 years. I was sad to have missed that one. Blessings to your family for a great rest of the year.

what do you mean by reshop the PC cruise?

i booked a placeholder when we were on the magic..

then when we got home, i had the idea of doing a cruise together with the adventures by disney trip i have booked for Aaron and me.
so i checked and found a 5 day disney wonder cruise the week before..
i would much prefer a 7 day cruise, but 5 was the longest available, so 5 it is...
this is in october 2020
we're booked on the podcast behind the scenes ABD trip..
the week before, the wonder sails from san diego to mexico....not my preference, but we'll just stay on board the ship...

chani and i were just at WDW for the past 2 weeks, and yes it's crazy hot and even crazier humid!!!
but july/august is the only time we can go....not the best weather, but insanely hot WDW is better than no WDW!!

what do you mean by reshop the PC cruise?

i booked a placeholder when we were on the magic..

then when we got home, i had the idea of doing a cruise together with the adventures by disney trip i have booked for Aaron and me.
so i checked and found a 5 day disney wonder cruise the week before..
i would much prefer a 7 day cruise, but 5 was the longest available, so 5 it is...
this is in october 2020
we're booked on the podcast behind the scenes ABD trip..
the week before, the wonder sails from san diego to mexico....not my preference, but we'll just stay on board the ship...

chani and i were just at WDW for the past 2 weeks, and yes it's crazy hot and even crazier humid!!!
but july/august is the only time we can go....not the best weather, but insanely hot WDW is better than no WDW!!
By reshop I meant to basically rebook our WBPC cruise while on the ship in order to get the 10% discount, etc. This was our first cruise since we started cruising that we did not have a placeholder to use. Our prior cruise ended in May 2017, so we were a month and a half too long between cruises. The price has increased so much since we booked that it would have still cost more with the discount and onboard booking.

Your upcoming ABD and cruise sound like fun! Happy you had a good time at WDW. How did the crowds compare to DLP when you were there? And I agree that HOT WDW is way better than no WDW!

By reshop I meant to basically rebook our WBPC cruise while on the ship in order to get the 10% discount, etc. This was our first cruise since we started cruising that we did not have a placeholder to use. Our prior cruise ended in May 2017, so we were a month and a half too long between cruises. The price has increased so much since we booked that it would have still cost more with the discount and onboard booking.

Your upcoming ABD and cruise sound like fun! Happy you had a good time at WDW. How did the crowds compare to DLP when you were there? And I agree that HOT WDW is way better than no WDW!

that's really interesting about the price going up that much!

i think it was more crowded at WDW, or maybe about the same, but WDW has a/c everywhere, making heat far more bearable...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!