Magic goes to Northern Europe Aug 13-20,2020!

bcwife76

DisneyMomma
Hello and welcome to the cruise meet thread for the Disney Magic as we sail from Copenhagen round trip from August 13-20 2020!!

Travelling in my party will be myself, my husband, and our two daughters. Our eldest will turn 12 just 3 days before this cruise and our younger daughter will be 9 1/2. This will be our 9th cruise. We live just outside of Vancouver BC Canada :)

Hi from Ireland

This will be our 11th cruise and it's myself plus my son who'll be 23 and my daughter who'll be 22. We love the Magic and have done an EBTA, a 12 night Icelandic and a 10 night Med on her. Really excited for the ports, especially St Petersburg

Hi from Ireland

This will be our 11th cruise and it's myself plus my son who'll be 23 and my daughter who'll be 22. We love the Magic and have done an EBTA, a 12 night Icelandic and a 10 night Med on her. Really excited for the ports, especially St Petersburg

Welcome! And congrats on your first Platinum cruise!! party:

This will be our 2nd time on the Magic; our first time will actually be this October as we are doing the DVC member cruise from NY. We LOVE the Wonder (prefer the smaller ships) so I'm thinking we will love the Magic just as much :thumbsup2

Welcome! And congrats on your first Platinum cruise!! party:

This will be our 2nd time on the Magic; our first time will actually be this October as we are doing the DVC member cruise from NY. We LOVE the Wonder (prefer the smaller ships) so I'm thinking we will love the Magic just as much :thumbsup2

I'd love to do a member cruise but the timings never work out for us, this summer we're on the 11 night Southern on the Fantasy. I'm looking forward to being back on a larger ship but like you, I prefer the smaller ones.

I didn't have a placeholder when I booked our cruise so I'm hoping to re-shop it on board this summer.

Which is/are your home resort/s mine are BLT and ALK

I'd love to do a member cruise but the timings never work out for us, this summer we're on the 11 night Southern on the Fantasy. I'm looking forward to being back on a larger ship but like you, I prefer the smaller ones.

I didn't have a placeholder when I booked our cruise so I'm hoping to re-shop it on board this summer.

Which is/are your home resort/s mine are BLT and ALK

We hadn't planned on doing a member cruise, but the itinerary is one that 'spoke' to my husband lol So here we are. We were on the Fantasy in October (our 2nd time on that ship) and we really like it, it's a gorgeous ship. But the day we were in Grand Cayman the Wonder was also there (at the end of the EBPC) and my husband said "hey, can we get our stuff and get a tender and get on the Wonder?" :rotfl2:The Wonder was the first ship we sailed on and I think it feels like home for us.

We actually have two contracts at Aulani; being on the west coast it made the most sense to us (plus we couldn't find a suitable contract for the Grand Californian). We stayed at AKL (Jambo) before our Oct cruise and LOVED it so I can definitely see us trying to stay there again the next time we go to WDW.

Hello from the UK! :wave2:

This will be our second cruise. It will be myself, my husband and our daughter who will be 13.

Our first cruise was actually the same itinerary in 2018. On that trip we booked an onboard placeholder, hoping to be able to book an Norway/Iceland trip for 2020, but unfortunately all the itineraries between the start of our school holiday and when our place holder expires are in the Baltic. After considering the Med itinerary in the May half term we decided to do this one again. We had a great time last year and there was still more to see in all the ports we visited.

Really looking forward to it...although it seems so far away still...

Hello from the UK! :wave2:

This will be our second cruise. It will be myself, my husband and our daughter who will be 13.

Our first cruise was actually the same itinerary in 2018. On that trip we booked an onboard placeholder, hoping to be able to book an Norway/Iceland trip for 2020, but unfortunately all the itineraries between the start of our school holiday and when our place holder expires are in the Baltic. After considering the Med itinerary in the May half term we decided to do this one again. We had a great time last year and there was still more to see in all the ports we visited.

Really looking forward to it...although it seems so far away still...

:welcome:

Since you've done this cruise before you will be a wealth of information!!:thumbsup2

If visiting St Petersburg book a private tour with,

https://anastasia.travel/

It will improve your visit 200%.

At St Petersburg you can do DCL PAs or booked private tours with authorised local agencies, Anastasia is one.

Smaller vehicles, typically cheaper for a family than DCL PAs tailor made to you. They organise border passes in advance, your through immigration in seconds.
Do not spend 8 hours looking at the inside of a bus! This city is fabulous.

Hi everyone! We will be on our 14th cruise. My two boys (19, 21 yrs), and myself will be on this. St. Petersburg is some place that we never thought we would see, how exciting! Our 13th cruise will be 2019 EBTA...

Hi all, we are also from uk, it will be our 6th cruise on magic and 8th dcl cruise. We love Magic and looking forward to the ports on this cruise so many new ports

Hi Everyone! My husband, 2 boys (age 4 and 6), and I will be sailing with you all. We're from the US. I'm very excited! First Disney Europe cruise. We've sailed on Disney twice already and other other lines about 6 times. Disneyland passholders/regulars. Can't wait to take our kids to Europe the very first time, and our first time on the Magic!

Hi Everyone! My husband, 2 boys (age 4 and 6), and I will be sailing with you all. We're from the US. I'm very excited! First Disney Europe cruise. We've sailed on Disney twice already and other other lines about 6 times. Disneyland passholders/regulars. Can't wait to take our kids to Europe the very first time, and our first time on the Magic!

Welcome aboard :welcome:

PS. I can't send you a message here because you need 10 posts, but wanted to say I was the one you were messaging with on FB on Wednesday :)

Welcome aboard :welcome:

PS. I can't send you a message here because you need 10 posts, but wanted to say I was the one you were messaging with on FB on Wednesday :)

Hi! Thank you so much for letting me know about this group. I guess I'd better get to 10 posts! I have read disboards for a while but never posted before until now.

We also used Anastasia.travel for St. Petersburg. They were undoubtedly one of the best tour operators we have used while on our cruising adventures. Very attentive and with a smaller group of 8 we could get in front of lines for the museums. If you want to skip seeing a museum and choose something else instead, Anastasia's team is very flexible and they will customize the tour for you, like they did for ours. St.Petersburg is a fairy tale, and I will go back there the first chance I get.

We also used Anastasia.travel for St. Petersburg. They were undoubtedly one of the best tour operators we have used while on our cruising adventures. Very attentive and with a smaller group of 8 we could get in front of lines for the museums. If you want to skip seeing a museum and choose something else instead, Anastasia's team is very flexible and they will customize the tour for you, like they did for ours. St.Petersburg is a fairy tale, and I will go back there the first chance I get.

You're the fourth person I've heard from to recommend Anastasia travel! They must know their stuff :thumbsup2 Friends of ours are cruising northern Europe this August (not Disney, on Royal) and are using Anastasia travel in St Pete's and have said how helpful they are in planning.

Hi everyone, we just booked today for Northern Europe! Yay! It's me (Karina, I'll be 54) and hubby Kent (will be 54), eldest Maddy (she'll be 20) and youngest Kara (she'll be 13).

This is our third cruise, and third on the Magic. We did NYC-Bahamas in 2012, and then the Mediterranean (Barcelona) in 2016. The first two were with my Mother-in-law. She passed away a couple of years ago, sadly. This is our "pre-graduation" trip in honor of Maddy being a senior. We wanted to do a graduation trip but she'll be too busy looking for jobs in 2021!! Lol!

I've been to Copenhagen and Stockholm before. I'm happy because a dear old friend will meet us in Stockholm for the day! Yay!

Look forward to seeing you all!
--Karina

Hi everyone, we just booked today for Northern Europe! Yay! It's me (Karina, I'll be 54) and hubby Kent (will be 54), eldest Maddy (she'll be 20) and youngest Kara (she'll be 13).

This is our third cruise, and third on the Magic. We did NYC-Bahamas in 2012, and then the Mediterranean (Barcelona) in 2016. The first two were with my Mother-in-law. She passed away a couple of years ago, sadly. This is our "pre-graduation" trip in honor of Maddy being a senior. We wanted to do a graduation trip but she'll be too busy looking for jobs in 2021!! Lol!

I've been to Copenhagen and Stockholm before. I'm happy because a dear old friend will meet us in Stockholm for the day! Yay!

Look forward to seeing you all!
--Karina

Welcome aboard!! Hopefully you can answer some Copenhagen questions for those of us who haven't been there! :)

Welcome aboard!! Hopefully you can answer some Copenhagen questions for those of us who haven't been there! :)
It's been about 30 years...lol! The Little Mermaid statue is very small. Haha! We went through, stayed one night, then rolled on by train. Mom really really wanted to see the Little Mermaid statue. We didn't do Tivoli or the Madame Tussaud's or anything. Wish I could give you more info. I'm looking forward to spending more time this go-around!

Alright, folks - we've decided to cancel this cruise and book the Iceland cruise on August 20th instead. That was the cruise I intended to book before it was released, but then it came out with only 1 day in Iceland! Weeks later they adjusted the itinerary to look like the 2019 itinerary, my dream trip, so we switched. Have lots of fun on this trip. Will have to do this one in the future!

Alright, folks - we've decided to cancel this cruise and book the Iceland cruise on August 20th instead. That was the cruise I intended to book before it was released, but then it came out with only 1 day in Iceland! Weeks later they adjusted the itinerary to look like the 2019 itinerary, my dream trip, so we switched. Have lots of fun on this trip. Will have to do this one in the future!
Have a wonderful time on your new cruise! Wave to us as you wait to get on ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter