Magic Express

I agree with Confectioneer, the walk thru Tokyo Station is long, but interesting. The ticket allows one free transfer I believe to another JR East train. When you leave the station at Tokyo Disneyland (Maihama), the ticket is not returned to you. There is minor construction on the portion between the main station and the Keiyo Line station for Tokyo Disneyland Resort. There are signs everywhere and staff are quite helpful.

Ticket prices are $15AD & $7.5CH during the sale while its regular price on the return ($30/$15).

We used our SUICA (Tokyo Subway/Rail Card) to get back to Tokyo, then bought NEX tickets at a JR machine that had the NEX sign/sticker on it. Not a big problem, we just had to ask for help once…...

NOTE: If you need a child's SUICA card, you'll need to purchase it at a ticket counter as the machines don't sell them. The staff will need to verify child's age by seeing a passport. With this, children travel for half price on Tokyo subways.

We might have used the buses, except our schedule was flexible (we fly standby) and the bus schedule didn't fit with our arrival time.

Keep in mind that most public transit shuts down between 1-2am and won't start back up until 5am. Taxi's are not cheap in Tokyo. I want to say its around $100 from Narita and $60 from Haneda.

Don't be put off by the transfer or subways/trains, they are fantastic and easy to use in Tokyo. Walking is something that you'll do a lot of in Tokyo and Disneyland Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter