Magic Express question (late arrival)

HuskieJohn

3/2015-BLT & planning arrival at AKL 6/17/2022
Sorry not resort related but kind of is...

My current plan has my family landing around 6:30pm AND my Dad, his wife and her daughter landing around 10:40pm. We will all be using the Magic Express.

So my question is about our checked baggage thru the ME service...is there a cut off with checked baggage delivery as far as how late they deliver? Is there a start time for how early they deliver in the morning?

Thanks!

Yep, there is. I think it’s 8:00?

But whatever it is, you can definitely use the luggage service and your dad and co. cannot. They’ll have to grab their own bags, although the driver will load them on and off the bus.

Your luggage will be in your room within 3 (?) hours of check in, so i would expect it by about midnight. If that’s too late, you can always ask that bell services hold it until the morning. you can just call down and have it delivered to your room when you wake up.

is there a cut off with checked baggage delivery as far as how late they deliver?

10pm. As PP mentions, the ones arriving at 10:40 will need to leave the yellow tags off their luggage and collect their luggage themselves at the baggage carousel. It can be stored under the DME bus.

PP is also correct that the 6:30 arrivals can still use the baggage delivery by putting the yellow tags on the luggage. I would estimate the baggage delivery to be roughly 11pm-12am timeframe, but that's not guaranteed. Personally, I would get the bags myself in that case so I didn't run the risk of having it be later.

ETA: to clarify, 10pm is the latest they will pick up bags. They will deliver all bags that were picked up prior to 10pm for as long as it takes.

Last edited:
is there a cut off with checked baggage delivery as far as how late they deliver? Is there a start time for how early they deliver in the morning?

To my knowledge there is not. I would go to the front desk and explicitly explain what you would like them to do with your luggage. You can have it delivered, regardless of time or you can give them a cut off time... "no bags after ??? o'clock." You can have them hold the bags until you call and ask for them as well.

Flights landing after 10pm don't get luggage pick up.
So your dad and his gang will have to retrieve their own luggage.

As for delivery of YOUR luggage when you land at 6:30pm it will likely be to your room by 10pm.
They WILL deliver it if it was in the time frame for them picking up.

As for delivery of YOUR luggage when you land at 6:30pm it will likely be to your room by 10pm.

The estimation for bag delivery is 3-4 hours after check-in. If OP lands at 6:30pm, and it takes the typical average of 90 minutes to get to the resort, that makes it 8pm. 3-4 hours after that is 11-12am. I would think that time of night, they'd be shorter on staff so I would expect delivery to be on the later side. YMMV though, anything is certainly possible!

The estimation for bag delivery is 3-4 hours after check-in. If OP lands at 6:30pm, and it takes the typical average of 90 minutes to get to the resort, that makes it 8pm. 3-4 hours after that is 11-12am. I would think that time of night, they'd be shorter on staff so I would expect delivery to be on the later side. YMMV though, anything is certainly possible!

I've arrived at the airport at late as 9pm and my belongings have never been dropped off to my room after midnight.
I realize that its UP TO 3 hours after you arrive at your resort but in most instances it is not that long.
Landing at 6:30pm, generally arriving to your hotel in about 70 minutes from touch down in my experience it is likely their bags will be there by 10pm. Notice in my OP I also said LIKELY.

After 10 pm you have to get your own luggage. Our plane was supposed to arrive about 7 so we booked magical express like normal but the flight ended up delayed several hours. We arrived at nearly 11 and luckily saw a sign that said after 10 to pick up your own luggage.

I've arrived at the airport at late as 9pm and my belongings have never been dropped off to my room after midnight.
I realize that its UP TO 3 hours after you arrive at your resort but in most instances it is not that long.
Landing at 6:30pm, generally arriving to your hotel in about 70 minutes from touch down in my experience it is likely their bags will be there by 10pm. Notice in my OP I also said LIKELY.

I understand. I'm not arguing/disagreeing with you, just pointing out what the general estimations typically are, and also showing the range of possibilities. IMO, its better to overestimate, and be pleased when things don't take quite that long.

FWIW, about two weeks ago, I arrived at MCO at 9pm and took almost exactly 90 minutes to get to CSR on DME. I've had it take less than that, and a lot longer than that too. But as I said, YMMV.

I would advise that everyone grab their own luggage. My rule is if I land after 4pm, I grab the luggage, it’s really no big deal to get it. Then you know for sure it will be there at a reasonable time. Enjoy your stay!

I've been deliberating this exact thing. Our flight lands at 8:00 pm. My son will not check his Darth Vader suitcase (its his baby I think LOL). Has anyone ever had a problem getting bags from ME for an 8:00 pm arrival? I'm wondering if I pack our pjs in his bag and a change of clothes for me, if they don't deliver my bag until morning it wouldn't be the end of the world. We have no real plans the next day except MVMCP and that shirt is already in his bag. All I need are my toiletries which could probably be put in his bag as well.

I've been deliberating this exact thing. Our flight lands at 8:00 pm. My son will not check his Darth Vader suitcase (its his baby I think LOL). Has anyone ever had a problem getting bags from ME for an 8:00 pm arrival? I'm wondering if I pack our pjs in his bag and a change of clothes for me, if they don't deliver my bag until morning it wouldn't be the end of the world. We have no real plans the next day except MVMCP and that shirt is already in his bag. All I need are my toiletries which could probably be put in his bag as well.

I think our plane landed at 7ish, and at 11/1130 the bags still weren't there (this was POFQ). At that point I called and asked them to hold the luggage. I called bell services in the AM and the bags were delivered almost immediately.

I always recommend packing must-have items in a carry-on when flying anywhere, but especially for a flight that's arriving at night. And not just for Disney, or because of DME. Checked baggage doesn't always end up on the same airplane, and after one business trip where I got to the hotel around 6 PM and my bags got there at 2 AM, I've always put anything I needed for the first night in my carry-on.

I think our plane landed at 7ish, and at 11/1130 the bags still weren't there (this was POFQ). At that point I called and asked them to hold the luggage. I called bell services in the AM and the bags were delivered almost immediately.

I always recommend packing must-have items in a carry-on when flying anywhere, but especially for a flight that's arriving at night. And not just for Disney, or because of DME. Checked baggage doesn't always end up on the same airplane, and after one business trip where I got to the hotel around 6 PM and my bags got there at 2 AM, I've always put anything I needed for the first night in my carry-on.

Thanks guys that's helpful. I'll go with that plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!