Magic Bands ?

ctc917

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this has been asked about but I haven't been able to find anything on this topic but I was wondering what people do with their magic bands after their stay? Do you save them and use them over and over again? Do you receive new ones every time you stay onsite? And if you have a few magic bands how do you make sure the one you bring on your next trip works with your new reservation? or do they all work and if you have 3 different ones all you need to do is grab one and go or do you have to have the front desk to get it linked to your current reservation.

Thanks
ctc917

They all work unless you deactivate them. I have one of each color so now I decline new ones.

I do save them as souvenirs.
I do not use them over and over again.
I receive new ones every time I stay onsite since they are "complimentary".
Once a magic band is linked to you it will work for future reservations although the long range battery may die after about 2 years so you can still use it at tap points but it will not work for ride photos such as FEA.

I'm not sure if this has been asked about but I haven't been able to find anything on this topic but I was wondering what people do with their magic bands after their stay? Do you save them and use them over and over again? Do you receive new ones every time you stay onsite? And if you have a few magic bands how do you make sure the one you bring on your next trip works with your new reservation? or do they all work and if you have 3 different ones all you need to do is grab one and go or do you have to have the front desk to get it linked to your current reservation.

Thanks
ctc917

This is only my second trip since magic bands have been in place. My first set of bands are linked to another account so I'm not sure they would work for this trip anyway. I enjoy getting different colors anyway. And my son didn't get to pick out his color last time as it was a surprise trip. This time he did! :cloud9: pixiedust:

I keep ours but we also don't reuse them
Personally I don't really trust the battery after one vacation lol
I'm terrified it'll just go dead if we reuse it and then it would be an inconvenience to get another one

I keep ours but we also don't reuse them
Personally I don't really trust the battery after one vacation lol
I'm terrified it'll just go dead if we reuse it and then it would be an inconvenience to get another one

I’m the same! I’m nervous to reuse JUST in case the battery is a no-go. Even when people reassure me it will be fine...I’m the person the unusual happens too so surely I’d end up with a dud. :eek: I will be reusing for the first time in Aug-Sept trip from one I used on our Thanksgiving 2018 trip. It’s the millennial pink one my SIL brought back for me from their July 2018 trip so it’ll be just over a year old. I will def bring the one that comes with my package too, just in case.

I will reuse the same band if the second trip falls within a year of the first one, but not past the 1 year barrier. Too worried about the long range battery.

We write the date of our trip on the inside of the band and save them with our other souveniers.

I have my old ones in a box under my bed. I haven't used any old ones on new trips.

We did a split stay last year, though, and the bands from the CSR portion didn't open our door at Pop, which seemed odd. I think the Pop one did work on the door at CSR.

My magic band is 4 years old and has non expiring tickets linked. We're headed back to the Mouse later this year and want to use the remaining tickets. We will be getting a new magic band so..... do I deactivate the old band and then link the tickets to the new band? Thanks

My magic band is 4 years old and has non expiring tickets linked. We're headed back to the Mouse later this year and want to use the remaining tickets. We will be getting a new magic band so..... do I deactivate the old band and then link the tickets to the new band? Thanks
Nothing is on the band. It is on your account. Your band accesses your account. so the new bands should link to those tickets.
Denise

I don't reuse them because I have ocd and after a week of sweat, sunscreen and dirt they get gross. I've seen people link them together like paper chains and hang them up.

We just only bring the new ones you get with your resort reservation. I still have my old ones but like the above poster said, they get kind of gross with sweat/sunscreen so I'll probably never use them again.

I have about a dozen, LOL. I do tend to bring a few of the older ones (but not the oldest, as I don't trust the battery is still good). I like to coordinate what I'm wearing with them. Funny, I got the purple one soon as it was released, but I wear more blue than anything else (have pink, because I love pink but don't wear it much either).

Gee, now that I just said that, I can find some of the kids' ones, but not the baggie of mine! Guess I'll wear just the new blue one next trip (less than two weeks out, solo week!).

We have so many over the years, we've intertwined them with each other and it decorates our tree as "garland" :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter