Magic bands?

dizneykids5

Cruisin' with Mickey
I’m sure this has been asked previously, but do magic bands work on the cruise? I’m thinking for pictures mainly.

Nope. Everything works off your KTTW card and you can't link a magic band to your account (at this time).

Pictures are collected together and assign to your room using facial recognition based on the picture they take of you when you check into your first cruise.

Pictures are collected together and assign to your room using facial recognition based on the picture they take of you when you check into your first cruise.

Pretty sure that’s wrong, we definitely only got pics where they scanned kttw card

Apparently, if you are standing in line they swipe your KTTW card. They also take candids around the ship and on castaway cay that are assigned via facial recognition. Since I never stand in line all of our photos were collected via facial recognition.

Pretty sure that’s wrong, we definitely only got pics where they scanned kttw card

They do use facial recognition in addition to the KTTW cards. They will scan a KTTW card at meet and greets and when they are taking photos in the atrium in the evening. But candid photos on the ship and CC are assigned by facial recognition. I believe they also use facial recognition to assign photos when cruisers from more than one stateroom are in a photo. I know our stateroom ended up with photos that my daughter was in when she was with my parents and they had scanned one of my parents' KTTW card.

The kids do get a band that looks like a magic band for the kids clubs. So if your worried about adults in the pictures having them don't. I do believe they come off the kids too but not sure . My kids are long out of the kids club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter