Magic bands with DVC?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
How do magic bands work with DVC? With cash reservation they send them to you... is it the same?

Thanks so much, KIM

Yep, once/if you link your DVC reservation you get the same options to customize magic bands.

So, once link your reservation to your tickets, they will send you magic bands? Do you have to purchase tickets thru disney or can you purchase from undercover tourist etc?

No entitlements (tickets, rooms, FP+..) is added to a Magic Band, they are added to MDE (My Disney Experience) profiles. The Magic band is just the physical key to your MDE.

Tickets can be purchased from any source like UT and have nothing to do with getting magic bands. (Magic bands are the main way to unlock your room door, but you could ask for a card). With other vendors, you have to manually add tickets to the MDE profile.

To take advantage of the on-site 60 day FP+ window, you will need your room and tickets attached to your MDE profile before that 60 day window starts.

No entitlements (tickets, rooms, FP+..) is added to a Magic Band, they are added to MDE (My Disney Experience) profiles. The Magic band is just the physical key to your MDE.

Tickets can be purchased from any source like UT and have nothing to do with getting magic bands. (Magic bands are the main way to unlock your room door, but you could ask for a card). With other vendors, you have to manually add tickets to the MDE profile.

To take advantage of the on-site 60 day FP+ window, you will need your room and tickets attached to your MDE profile before that 60 day window starts.
OK.. but I just wasn't sure if I needed to purchase them or if disney would send them to us like if we were paying cash?

OK.. but I just wasn't sure if I needed to purchase them or if disney would send them to us like if we were paying cash?
Yep.:goodvibes
And if your old Magic Bands are still attached to the same MDE profile, you can use them, too

Yep.:goodvibes
And if your old Magic Bands are still attached to the same MDE profile, you can use them, too
Oh my gosh, so sorry.. you said yep but I didn't know if that means they will send them to us or we need to order them? Sorry!!

Oh my gosh, so sorry.. you said yep but I didn't know if that means they will send them to us or we need to order them? Sorry!!
Yes, you will be sent new, free Magic bands for a DVC points stay if you request them in MDE

once/if you link your DVC reservation you get the same options to customize magic bands.

Kim this is correct. Once you link your reservation *to DME* you will be able to customize MBs, just like with non dvc stays.

So, once link your reservation to your tickets, they will send you magic bands? Do you have to purchase tickets thru disney or can you purchase from undercover tourist etc?

No tickets are needed to customize MBs. Just like with non dvc stays.

Link the reservation to DME. That's it.

Tickets are needed to make FP+s. But not MBs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter