Magic Bands Upgrade

Like I said, I have until October to order, so I'm holding out awhile longer.
The small world one is cool, but I'm too cheap to pay the extra $5 when I like the castle one better. I feel a bit crazy...lol.
I'm a bit like that with the Goofy Movie band. It's LR (so it's $15 just like the small world band) and I practically grew up loving that movie, so theoretically I SHOULD just go and get that one, but that castle band. I need it. It's my aesthetic lol.

I have till January to order myself, and as silly as it sounds, I wanna get the band I most want for my birthday trip almost like a gift to myself, so I'm willing to hold out for it. Worst case scenario, I get a Sorcerer Mickey one or something with Minnie, but not until all other options are exhausted.

Remember people, we aren't crazy....we're committed... And no, not that kind of 'committed'. :teeth:

I'm a bit like that with the Goofy Movie band. It's LR (so it's $15 just like the small world band) and I practically grew up loving that movie, so theoretically I SHOULD just go and get that one, but that castle band. I need it. It's my aesthetic lol.

I have till January to order myself, and as silly as it sounds, I wanna get the band I most want for my birthday trip almost like a gift to myself, so I'm willing to hold out for it. Worst case scenario, I get a Sorcerer Mickey one or something with Minnie, but not until all other options are exhausted.

Remember people, we aren't crazy....we're committed... And no, not that kind of 'committed'. :teeth:

I also love A Goofy Movie, but that band is just not that exciting. It's just some stock art stuck on the side. I don't really care for those. The castle design is unique and very cool. I hope you can snag one.

I'm really hoping the Main Street USA Magicband shows up eventually. That is my favorite so far.
I saw it once or twice when I first started looking regularly at the band upgrades. It's not often, but it does show up from time to time. Hopefully you'll find it soon and get the chance to order it!

I also love A Goofy Movie, but that band is just not that exciting. It's just some stock art stuck on the side. I don't really care for those. The castle design is unique and very cool. I hope you can snag one.
That's a part of why I'm not really fond of getting the Goofy Movie band. Sure it's got Powerline on the other side but that alone does not an awesome band make.

Honestly I wish we knew if any of these LR bands do what some LRs do and have a different chime when you use it at the touch points. A Goofy Movie would be an easy one I'd think. Just use the opening chords of "Eye To Eye" and that'd make it at least A LITTLE more interesting lol

So I ended up re-booking a ticketless package (before the special offer which doesn't apply to our dates at least at this time) because I found the DDP was right for us. I crunched the numbers & our ADRs nearly hit the value of the DDP (A table service each day & 3 of them character meals. I forgot to take into account the alcohol and quick service when crunching numbers earlier).

Anyway long story short, I already got the magicbands we wanted from the other booking. But I also have a $25 gift card in my hot little hands. I'm debating on using it for a couple more upgrades 😅.

Lucky for those who have upcoming trips before me that I'm not liking a lot of the current options.

Last edited:
I really wanted to get the Darth Vader MB upgrade and my wife wants the Belle one as well. We are doing a split stay with 8 in our party. We were able to upgrade and check out 6 of ours successfully a couple of weeks ago. We still have the opportunity to upgrade another set on our second reservation, but have not seen either band for some time now. We have been trying to get these things from Day One. We have had the added and couldn’t check out, had the picture there and it wouldn’t add it to our order, and been kicked out saying that I had no permission to view the site. I have used different browsers and different devices, all with no luck. Really frustrating, but we try daily. Calls to Disney have been totally unproductive. Any advice.

For the first time in many, many attempts I was able to get to the payment page. Then I got the same error message as normal. I called in and at first got the standard response that the ones I selected must have been sold out....she checked though and was surprised to find that they were in fact in stock. So now they have a ticket in to IT to get back to me within a couple of days. I was happy to see the LE options available and was trying to get the Small World and a couple DVC bands. Not holding my breath here on IT doing anything.
That's what always happens to me. But when I call they say they can't check on availability and it must just be sold out. UGGGHHHHH

I called the internet help line yesterday because the two bands I want (Figment and Baymax) have been available since Monday. They have never left the available bands section and have been assigned to my kids since Monday morning. The other 9 million times I've tried before this week, the bands disappear which I assume means they are sold out. That has never happened with these two. I can get to the purchase screen and then I get the dreaded dismiss/retry again. The internet help CM gave me some BS story about how sometimes, even though it is supposedly a live system, they will leave a band up and active because they anticipate the stock being replenished. Sounds like BS since bands drop off and reappear all the time. At this point, just admit that your system sucks. And I still believe this was part of a scheme to get us all hyped up about an upgraded band so we'll go pay full price when we can't get a discounted one so I'm looking on eBay now. I'll keep trying for my remaining six days and then I'll buy one there. Disney is not getting more than $10/$15 from me for that band!

Y'know, it makes me wonder sometimes if I should just look online to see if anyone is selling the band I want at a not-so-ridiculous price (which imo at this point is anything under $50 including shipping, since it's an out-of-stock band on the shopDisney site), because the headache of checking every single day, getting that false hope, and even if the order were to go through, crossing your fingers and HOPING you actually GET your band and not the dreaded grey one? Not to mention certain designs might actually be gone for good and they just haven't updated the roster in ages (like the HM one and sadly perhaps even the castle one. I recently bought the mickey ears from the collection that castle band was in and it was on clearance, so I'm getting that feeling.)

But yeah, paying a bit more than I would like, but to save this headache and still get the design I truly want? I might consider it worth it. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Not to mention certain designs might actually be gone for good and they just haven't updated the roster in ages (like the HM one and sadly perhaps even the castle one. I recently bought the mickey ears from the collection that castle band was in and it was on clearance, so I'm getting that feeling.)
I just saw the castle one about half an hour ago.

I just saw the castle one about half an hour ago.
That's just it. It shows it on the roster to choose from, but no matter which browser or device you use, you choose it, go to checkout, and then it says "We were unable to process your request." It's been doing that every day for weeks now. I literally checked RIGHT before posting on here and the same thing happened. :confused3

Then checking on the shopDisney site still shows this:

So I ended up re-booking a ticketless package (before the special offer which doesn't apply to our dates at least at this time) because I found the DDP was right for us. I crunched the numbers & our ADRs nearly hit the value of the DDP (A table service each day & 3 of them character meals. I forgot to take into account the alcohol and quick service when crunching numbers earlier).

Anyway long story short, I already got the magicbands we wanted from the other booking. But I also have a $25 gift card in my hot little hands. I'm debating on using it for a couple more upgrades 😅.

Lucky for those who have upcoming trips before me that I'm not liking a lot of the current options.
Just a thought....you may want to use the gift card to purchase new magic bands right in the parks. We ended up with a gift card from this whole debacle and it was so nice to choose from a huge variety in the parks/resorts. Link them on MDE and you’re good to go. Keep your other ones activated just in case new ones are glitchy.

I think I got two bands (The railroad one and the food one). I got the checkout, then it said congratulations and then it went to the dwarf working page. Now when I try to go into my Disney experience, I get the dwarf page. Not sure how long it takes for email to come.

We are one group in two rooms and I upgraded one room to the deluxe dining plan, the other to quick service. I separated people into rooms by those who care about upgraded bands and those who don’t. So, upgraded bands are also deluxe dining bands so should be really obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!