Magic Bands Upgrade

I will say I was expecting the entire range to be available including the new solid colors and the limited edition bands so this is somewhat of a disappointment. Luckily the one I want is 30% off at ShopDisney.com and I have an additional code for 30% off so it's only $15 (which is the price it would have been through the upgrade process), but I'll have to pay shipping/handling/tax and I won't get it customized.

I haven't found any Magic Bands on sale online. Can you link to it?

I find it odd that you can not select the new solid color ones (White, Dark Green, Navy Blue, Black, etc.) that at $14.99.
I’m not surprised. It may have to do with the pricing. Those solid color bands are cheaper than these other bands.

I find it odd that you can not select the new solid color ones (White, Dark Green, Navy Blue, Black, etc.) that at $14.99.

My guess is those are still "new" and still selling well - I would think over time as they start to not sell as well they will move over to being included options

I think this "upgrade" is about providing more options but also a way of "getting rid of" MB that aren't selling well (or not selling well anymore)

I’m not surprised. It may have to do with the pricing. Those solid color bands are cheaper than these other bands.

I guess I just assumed they would expand the "Free" options beyond the original colors to include the new solid colors as well. Even if they where say a $5 upgrade vs the original base colors.

For those of you getting the upgrades and traveling soon who have a Package through Disney (lot of caveats there, huh?), you'll have to report on what luggage tags you get. Before it was based on the color MB you chose, but now I'm wondering if it will be random or still will link it to the base color of the MB upgrade selected, as closely as possible. We haven't had a package in 3 years, but have it this summer (Free Dining!), and it may be our last package for a while since we'll be upgrading to APs (newly DVC members), so before this announcement we were going to base our color selections on which luggage tags we wanted.

For those of you getting the upgrades and traveling soon who have a Package through Disney (lot of caveats there, huh?), you'll have to report on what luggage tags you get. Before it was based on the color MB you chose, but now I'm wondering if it will be random or still will link it to the base color of the MB upgrade selected, as closely as possible. We haven't had a package in 3 years, but have it this summer (Free Dining!), and it may be our last package for a while since we'll be upgrading to APs (newly DVC members), so before this announcement we were going to base our color selections on which luggage tags we wanted.
Ours were not based on MB color in December. We ordered red, pink, purple, and grey MBs and got 2 grey background and 2 blue background luggage tags. Maybe it was a fluke?

Ours were not based on MB color in December. We ordered red, pink, purple, and grey MBs and got 2 grey background and 2 blue background luggage tags. Maybe it was a fluke?
They might've been out of the tags corresponding with your color and they gave you what they had.

I’m bummed. I really wanted the Tower of a Terror one. My daughter wants Elsa, so I guess I will get Olaf to match her.

I can't seem to upgrade, probably because my current order is in processing. Maybe when it ships I'll be able to?

I can't seem to upgrade, probably because my current order is in processing. Maybe when it ships I'll be able to?
I would think once it ships you cannot change it. I have a 3 way split coming up and the first 2 stays are past their dates to customize and there is no button to do anything, for the third stay today is my last day to customize and it has the change option. I don’t know where the 11 days comes from, it seems like it’s still around 30 days out.

I keep getting, “We are unable to complete your request” from the payment screen. I keep hitting, “Try again,” but I’m marginally worried Disney is charging my card two dozen times.

I keep getting an error/this page is not working message when I click on to review my order. I think there are so many people that are trying to get the new upgrade that the site is crashing. Hopefully it will be up and running soon!! Can't wait to order the new upgraded magic band!

Stitch keeps eating the page when I click on 'edit order'. I guess I'll keep trying!

DH and DD will be happy, they have the ones they want.. I have to settle.

So the question is ..

Will the ones offered change over time? So no rush to upgrade them today for a FALL trip? Would it be possible the ones offered change a few months from now (due to running out of certain ones .. or just adding more to the selection?)

Just got thru and completed our order!! Pirates, the Castle, and Thanos (Marvel). Originally, I would not have picked Pirates but just couldn't get over how the design and color scheme jumped out at me!!

If you can't get through right now, please please please wait and try again later!! The servers won't be able to catch up with everyone refreshing at the same time all morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!