Magic Bands Upgrade

My bands came in yesterday, and everything came out just fine! No grey bands, no errors, it's all good! Hopefully this means everyone else will start to have better luck with their choices! Everyone's more than earned it. :wizard:

We successfully (I thought) ordered the upgraded bands for our trip that ended last week. The confirmation email said they would be sent to the resort prior to our trip. Seemed weird, but I figured it would work out. Nope. The bands were there when we arrived and I was told they might have been sent back, which made no sense at all. I was given the option of getting my money refunded or picking out bands at the park in that price range and getting a refund for those. We went with option 2, although the bands I purchased weren't available. All in all, I don't know that I'd bother with upgrading the bands. Maybe when we go back in 2021, they'll have refined the process.

Getting a bit annoyed with this now, we arrive at the end of November and I am having to check the upgrade page 15 times a day to see what we want. I am kicking myself for not getting the lovely Walt Railroad one a few weeks back but the time I text my husband to ask him to pick one quickly as the order has to be put through together it had gone. Then it came back but the one my husband wanted wasn’t there. :mad:

I think we will just get the free ones and pay full price for ones when we get there.

I ordered the Haunted Mansion for my up coming trip. Bands were shipped, keeping my fingers crossed since I've already been charged!

A nasty thought....

Since these are just plastic bands.... how long before someone starts making fakes & selling 'em on EBAY?
Buy the plastic, insert your real Puck :).

EDIT: Stupid me... the Black Market is way ahead of me :). So - guess where all the "special" MBs went :(.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...itleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Disney+magic+bands
There are tons of people out there that sell decals that can be put over a standard band. Free band plus a $2-3 decal that are often times much nicer and more intricate than the specialty bands, and much cheaper.

So my magic bands came and mine was the one that I ordered (not gray yay!) but I noticed that it was significantly thinner and possibly even smaller than my older 2.0 magic bands. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? :oops:

Just managed to order 2 x Jack and Sally bands - as we’re travelling from the UK they will be resort pick up only - so fingers crossed!

So my magic bands came and mine was the one that I ordered (not gray yay!) but I noticed that it was significantly thinner and possibly even smaller than my older 2.0 magic bands. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? :oops:
Yes! I noticed the thin, flimsy feeling band. Perhaps they will be more comfortable and flexible? However, I haven’t taken them out of the box (since we don’t go for awhile), so I can’t comment on size.

I compared my new upgraded bands to the old plain color ones. They are no different in thickness or size.

I compared my new upgraded bands to the old plain color ones. They are no different in thickness or size.

Were yours colored ones or were they designs? Were the designs newer ones or ones that have been available in the past? Just wondering. I got the color puck I want and I usually wear something to hold the puck on my apple watch so I likely wont upgrade to a premium one again, but I'm just curious.

EDIT: Stupid me... the Black Market is way ahead of me :). So - guess where all the "special" MBs went :(.

i doubt any bands being sold on eBay are taking away from people trying to order for a resort stay. These same bands are sold onsite & online & anyone can buy them at full price. There appears to be a limited inventory for discounted resort stay bands. The same bands that show as sold out for a resort stay are usually available for full price. I doubt ebayers are booking resort stays to order discounted magic bands & resell. Especially because if they cancel that onsite stay, they will get charged full price for the band.

There is a Food & Wine Magicband showing today for full price. I assume that is a mistake like the Galaxy's Edge MB was. Still hoping for the Main Street USA MB to pop up, but not holding my breath.

I’ve been waiting for the birthday one for weeks to even show up again...let alone get it! Galaxy’s Edge, too. Just had the red Minnie one loaded in my cart, but I couldn’t get to check out...sold out!
I was told this week by the IT dept. that they are working diligently on the issues...

I’ve given up. I can’t keep checking 10 times daily. Disney know what they are doing though because it’s the idiots like me who will go and spend $25 x 2 on the exact same bands when I arrive because of just giving up on the fact I couldn’t get the $10 ones.

I’ve given up. I can’t keep checking 10 times daily. Disney know what they are doing though because it’s the idiots like me who will go and spend $25 x 2 on the exact same bands when I arrive because of just giving up on the fact I couldn’t get the $10 ones.

I don't think you're an idiot at all! I showed both my kids the "upgradeable" magic bands and they were soooo excited they started jumping up and down screaming! my 5 year old son went crazy for the Donald band (he has been a Donald fan since he was 2). My DD loves the Dole Whip band. Spent a few days trying to get it via the "build-a-band" site and realized I was not going to get anywhere with the time I was willing to spend on it. Went on to Disney Store .com bought them - 1,2 3 done. (DH barely wants to wear his grey one, so getting him to wear one with a design on it is never going to happen) I'm fairly certain our time is worth more than $15 an hour (or 15 minutes for that matter). I understand completely when folks say that's not the point - but at some point we have to move on. there's too much to do in a day!:-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter