Magic Bands Upgrade

I was able to order three of the bands we wanted this morning. Two of them (Sorcerer Mickey and the Castle) were first choices. The third (Red with Minnie Dots) was a second choice, but my mom will still be happy with it. I was so relieved, given that we only had two more days to fill the order.

Sounds promising so far, but I still got errors or "out of stock" screens, when trying to choose the Thumper or "The Fox and the Hound" band :-( But I too could get the castle one, but I prefer the former two

Hey all new here to the Disboards, first comment, i just went with the free colored ones, the ones that are themed didnt peak my interest, and since were going to be there for Very Merry and the end of Food and Wine just going to buy one of those themed ones. Anyways, ive been watching the ones for the planned trips for 2 months and they have changed frequently with whats in stock FYI.

Hey all new here to the Disboards, first comment, i just went with the free colored ones, the ones that are themed didnt peak my interest, and since were going to be there for Very Merry and the end of Food and Wine just going to buy one of those themed ones. Anyways, ive been watching the ones for the planned trips for 2 months and they have changed frequently with whats in stock FYI.

Problem is... you can't actually order all the ones that show up. Sometimes it might even allow you to add it to your cart, but then kicks it back out as out of stock a few seconds later.

I would like to insert about a paragraph's worth of words unsuitable for this forum :headache: :mad: :furious:

I was FINALLY able to choose and successfully purchase my bands from my app (after it dropped the connection 4 times). Thank you to whoever suggested that - may not be from this post, but :thanks: anyhow

Every time I tried in my browser, it just gives me a "Page Unavailable" error.
Do some browsers play better than others ?

The time it finally worked for me was while I was on the app. I was on data, and while it didn't ever disconnect me or give any errors, it took its sweet ol' time going through each step. I was literally in an elevator when it was loading the payment screen and I didn't even budge because I was afraid I'd mess it up somehow by even breathing lol

I will also mention that all the times I tried, the only way that straight up denied me access to the bands page was using Chrome. If I used Chrome in incognito mode, firefox, or Microsoft edge, it'd show for me. Regular chrome though gave me that infamous seven dwarves error screen.

I'm happy to finally be done with it (hopefully it processes with no issues ::yes::), but really hope everyone gets their choices soon. They've put us through enough stress and headache to last us the rest of our lives, just let us choose our fancy schmancy rubbery faux-watches and call it a magical day. :earboy2:

Has anyone successfully declined Magic Bands with this new system? For my most recent trip (just got back) .. I had went in and declined Magic Bands because we already got some of those new premium ones for an OCTOBER trip.

Yet .. when we arrived at the hotel they said they had four grey ones waiting for us at the front desk? We just didn't even bother picking them up. What a waste. I know I specifically declined them.

I've been using Firefox, both it and Chrome wouldn't let me play. I deleted IE a long time ago :rolleyes2 Don't think I have the option of Edge (I'm on Win8).
My app is installed on an iPod, not my phone (because mine isn't all that smart - just a basic phone that thinks it can browse the net, and can't <lol>) , so it tends to get weird sometimes, even though I'm sitting 3 feet from the router, which is 2 feet from the incoming connector.

I declined mine before the upgrades became available for the 1 night stay before home, and so far, it looks like they're still declined. But I don't have a grey band, so I suppose it'll be a new collectible :rolleyes1

After spending more time than I'd like looking for custom bands, I finally realized it wasn't worth my time, effort or money to do this. Crazy that Disney is making it hard for you to give them more money. Anyway, thanks to some mentions of it on here, I ordered skins for my magic bands and just went with the free ones. Got bands I really want and for less cost than an upgraded band would have been. Double win for me.

Good luck to those of you still in the hunt!!

Has anyone successfully declined Magic Bands with this new system? For my most recent trip (just got back) .. I had went in and declined Magic Bands because we already got some of those new premium ones for an OCTOBER trip.

Yet .. when we arrived at the hotel they said they had four grey ones waiting for us at the front desk? We just didn't even bother picking them up. What a waste. I know I specifically declined them.
I've had this problem twice. Such a waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!