Magic Bands Upgrade

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Tinkl0ver66, May 6, 2019.

1. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

At some point, in the near and distant future, you may or may not be able to upgrade your magic band.

:)

vinotinto, yesdnil, Pucks104 and 2 others like this.
  2. Tinkl0ver66

Tinkl0ver66 Mouseketeer

:joker:

ChrisParker and Farro like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ChrisParker

ChrisParker Mouseketeer

ladyderks, MedicMathes and TheMaxRebo like this.
  5. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

and potentially only for new reservation or for existing reservations as well - but likely only those two groups

vinotinto, Castlequeen5, afan and 3 others like this.
  6. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

Ha!

7. figmentfinesse

figmentfinesse Earning My Ears

Now the replies on the WDWToday twitter are making it seem like it’s not today. :(

8. ChrisParker

ChrisParker Mouseketeer

agreed. I saw the word weeks.

9. cisco911

cisco911 Mouseketeer

just checked and no dice on my end. I have 34 days left to customize.....sooo hopefully its enough time for Disney IT to get to my account :P

10. ChrisParker

ChrisParker Mouseketeer

Replying to
    @KieronSharkey
    Hi there! We can't wait to welcome you and your fiancé on your upcoming visit! Yes, you'll be able to change your selection and take advantage of this new option once it launches. Be sure to keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for the latest updates!

This sounds a whole lot different from 'today,' 'later today,' or 'this afternoon.' But now I can expand my refreshing prowess to the disney blog website as well.

TheMaxRebo and ladyderks like this.
  11. MedicMathes

MedicMathes Next Trip -- July 21-27 2019 CSR

Sad.... I was really excited about this today.

Attached Files:

12. DharmaLou

DharmaLou Once a Princess, Always a Princess

I'm glad I'm not the only person feeling let down about this today!

kimwoje likes this.
  13. 22Tink

22Tink BC, Canada

You’re definitely not alone. I was so excited to upgrade our magic bands today!

14. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

We have a split stay coming in June, the first set of MB had to be customized by yest, the second set has 2 days left, and the 3rd set has 6 days left. I had been hoping to get to upgrade one set of them, now the chances are looking pretty dismal for that. Oh well, honestly I already have so many with MYB covers and a D&B HM one I love, so we don’t actually need more anyway. Trying to not feel disappointed.

15. slatterie

slatterie Mouseketeer

I knew if I hopped over to the boards I would find out that I'm not the only one who counted down to today to order new magic bands only to be disappointed they are not there. :) Oh well we have a few more weeks.

16. Laura's Dad

Laura's Dad DIS Veteran

I feel bad for y'all that are near your last customization date and were hoping for May 15, only to be disappointed. I am happy, however, that it looks like we will be able to upgrade for our December trip. Here's wishing for some pixie dust to all of you hoping for an upgrade soon.

17. ChrisParker

ChrisParker Mouseketeer

We are going July 2 - 8. It says my bands have to be customized by June 1 and it's going to ship them to me up here in the great white north. Can I change it to pick up and modify later? Can I decline and then add after the 1st and pick them up? Ironically I was so jazzed about the upgrade that I'm close to just flat out buying better magic bands. Disney gets me every time.

18. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

MagicBands are only mailed to US addresses. Those without a US address will pick them up at the resort.

19. ChrisParker

ChrisParker Mouseketeer

Hmm. Why would I need to do them by June 1 do you think? That doesn't jive. I'm trying to remember but I think they have mailed them to me before. Maybe they just don't advertise it.

20. ellbell

ellbell DIS Veteran

Also in Canada and that's just the way it's always been. They are customized with your name though so they still need some time. They haven't mailed them since at least 2016 when I started going.

21. PartOfYourWDWorld

PartOfYourWDWorld Mouseketeer

Today is my last day to customize, so I'm super bummed. I'm wondering if I decline them for now, can I opt into having them at some point before my June 17 check in?