Magic Bands Upgrade

The magic band update section on mde appears not to be working well this morning. Wishfully thinking that means they are implementing changes this morning...

The magic band update section on mde appears not to be working well this morning. Wishfully thinking that means they are implementing changes this morning...
I just checked again and it's still just solids. At least I got that far, this morning it was unavailable to view.

My wife was reading a comment on DisneyTouristBlog's article on this in which the person said that they called and an experienced Cast Member told them that it was only going to be available for new bookings, and that perhaps if enough people complain, Disney will change that.

I have to imagine that to be inaccurate. Besides the article from DisneyParks being silent on the issue, I just have to think from a logistical standpoint that doing it that way would be more difficult for Disney to manage than just making it for everyone.

Also, in re-reading the article, something I had noticed the first time but hadn't focused on as much but haven't really seen discussed is the timeframe for customization appears to be changing: "The new upgrade options can also be shipped to guests’ homes (U.S. addresses only) if ordered 11 or more days ahead of arrival and can be personalized if done so at least 6 or more days ahead of arrival."

This would appear to be changing the previous window where customizations were at about 30 days.

If they are changing the customization deadlines as described, then it would make sense it will be for new bookings only.

I think it sounds like:
1. If you pay to upgrade magic band, then they ship to you
2. Free solids will be picked up at resort

Previously booked were already promised free shipping of magic bands.

I wonder what would happen if I changed my status to decline magic band and then called them to re add it?

Well, not sure if it's an isolated issue but I'm having login issues with the website. That bodes well for them rolling out new changes...at least, I hope it does!

I've declined MagicBands for both halves of our June 2019 split-stay so I'll be able to see if it's possible to get the graphic MagicBands when the site is back up and running properly.

Well, not sure if it's an isolated issue but I'm having login issues with the website. That bodes well for them rolling out new changes...at least, I hope it does!

I've declined MagicBands for both halves of our June 2019 split-stay so I'll be able to see if it's possible to get the graphic MagicBands when the site is back up and running properly.

We are hoping for this as well. We have a December trip booked with a split stay and have too many solid MagicBands. We were hoping to be able to upgrade. If we can't we will be complaining to Disney. That would really be unfair.

My wife was reading a comment on DisneyTouristBlog's article on this in which the person said that they called and an experienced Cast Member told them that it was only going to be available for new bookings, and that perhaps if enough people complain, Disney will change that.

I have to imagine that to be inaccurate. Besides the article from DisneyParks being silent on the issue, I just have to think from a logistical standpoint that doing it that way would be more difficult for Disney to manage than just making it for everyone.

I had an exchange with someone on Facebook today that said they called Disney and mentioned to them they heard it was for "new bookings only" and they were told directly by the person the spoke to that it is NOT just for new bookings, it is for existing ones as well and that you would be able to start selecting upgraded bands on may 15th

Guess we shall see ....

The thread on TPAS has some posts about it being available this afternoon.
Apparently people are tweeting WDWToday about it. WDWToday has tweeted that it will be available this afternoon and that is it will be available in the coming weeks. So who knows.

Apparently people are tweeting WDWToday about it. WDWToday has tweeted that it will be available this afternoon and that is it will be available in the coming weeks. So who knows.

Someone responded to the exchange I had on Facebook that they now heard it was supposed to be released today but has now been pushed back to an unknown date in the future

So what we do know is that it either will be available today or it won't be, we know at least that much :thumbsup2

Someone responded to the exchange I had on Facebook that they now heard it was supposed to be released today but has now been pushed back to an unknown date in the future

So what we do know is that it either will be available today or it won't be, we know at least that much :thumbsup2
Typical Disney ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter