Magic Bands Upgrade

This will save me money... my wife seems to want a different band for each outfit she wears and I refuse to buy more than one extra one a trip... maybe this will save me ... MAYBE

Oh too bad! I have an upcoming stay at the AKL in mid June. I just checked MDE and I have until May 14 to choose my color so I guess I won’t be able to upgrade. Bummer.

Wohoo! I’ve been checking out the decorative bands for our August trip. But really didn’t want to drop another $60-$70 on them since it’s just a short 3 day trip, only 2 park days. BUT I might be willing to pay $30ish.

With luck I maybe able to take advantage of this. My last day to customize is May 16. :bored:

I'm usually not one for upcharge things, but this is something even I might do. It seems like such an easy money maker for Disney and one that won't ruffle feathers.

Like others said, I'm surprised it took them this long. Heck, the cost of the bands is almost certainly less than the upcharge price alone.

Ugh. They are going to get me with this.... and I’ve already bought new bands for our upcoming trip...!

(DVC band for me, White Castle for my wife, small world for my daughter)

Same here!! We go the end of July, so I'm hoping that it will start so we can take advantage of it.
Same here! Late July and I hope this is in effect by then. I was also hoping the Sky Liner would be open as we are staying at the POP also but I'm not sure it will be.

Same here! Late July and I hope this is in effect by then. I was also hoping the Sky Liner would be open as we are staying at the POP also but I'm not sure it will be.

We are also staying at Pop...FREE DINING!! Can't beat that during the summer months! Not sure the Sky Liner will be up and running by then, but excited to see it while we are there.

We are also staying at Pop...FREE DINING!! Can't beat that during the summer months! Not sure the Sky Liner will be up and running by then, but excited to see it while we are there.
Yes free dining!! This will be our 3rd year in a row and if we would have had to pay for meals out of pocket, we probably wouldn't have been able to go this year. I see you have stayed several times at the Polynesian, is it as good as it looks? After this Summer, we are planning a 2021 trip and we would love to stay at a Deluxe like the Polynesian.

This is a smart move, by doing this they probably grab some dollars from people who would have otherwise spent the 10 bucks at magicyourband instead.

Ugh. They are going to get me with this.... and I’ve already bought new bands for our upcoming trip...!

(DVC band for me, White Castle for my wife, small world for my daughter)

that is one thing keeping me from doing this is that we already got some new ones for our upcoming trip - plus we have a split stay so will get two sets of MB

well, more for my wife I got new ones - got her the Captain Marvel one and the pink dog Dooney and Bourke

Yes free dining!! This will be our 3rd year in a row and if we would have had to pay for meals out of pocket, we probably wouldn't have been able to go this year. I see you have stayed several times at the Polynesian, is it as good as it looks? After this Summer, we are planning a 2021 trip and we would love to stay at a Deluxe like the Polynesian.

The Polynesian is one of our favorites!! We love it for several reasons. For one it's on the monorail and within walking distance to the TTC when going to Epcot. You can sit at the beach and watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Both pools are REALLY nice, and just a few years ago they added a kiddie play section at the main pool. The all over feel and vibe is relaxing and makes you feel like you're in the tropics. It's one I always highly recommend!!

The Polynesian is one of our favorites!! We love it for several reasons. For one it's on the monorail and within walking distance to the TTC when going to Epcot. You can sit at the beach and watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Both pools are REALLY nice, and just a few years ago they added a kiddie play section at the main pool. The all over feel and vibe is relaxing and makes you feel like you're in the tropics. It's one I always highly recommend!!
Thanks for the info. If it fits into the budget in 2 years, that will be my suggestion. I have always wanted to stay on the monorail line and it looks very authentic.

Oh too bad! I have an upcoming stay at the AKL in mid June. I just checked MDE and I have until May 14 to choose my color so I guess I won’t be able to upgrade. Bummer.
Same here, what happens if you wait until after May 14th to customize anyway? Do we not get to choose at all? Right now have the basic colors set, but I may try to change if the 15th date is true.

Same here, what happens if you wait until after May 14th to customize anyway? Do we not get to choose at all? Right now have the basic colors set, but I may try to change if the 15th date is true.
They won’t be shipped to you in advance if you wait until after the date.

This is great ..
I wonder if they werent selling the speciality bands as much as they would like. I mean -- I would gather a lot of people get the free bands, show up on site and see the special ones and dont want to shell out $24.99 to replace something they already have on their wrist.

But being able to get them up front for a discount? Great sales tactic. I would have done this many trips ago.

I also think this will also encourage people to opt out of Magic Bands. I have gone on two trips (plus my AP bands) this year. I didnt need them .. but I got new bands each time. But if I would have gotten a fun speciality one the first time? I probably would have just stuck with the special ones for each trip and opted out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!