Magic bands or magic keepers?

DJP1201

Mouseketeer
First time using magic bands, and was thinking about buying the themed ones for the family. However, I've been hearing he bands fall off, or are uncomfortable. Can you help me figure out what's best for us?

wait for the free ones and judge yourself which will work for you, no need to rush, if you worry about the MB being uncomfortable I wouldn't buy a themed one until you know how you feel about them

My MB fell off twice on my last trip. After 2 trips to guest relations for a replacement, I got a Magic keeper. Personally, I wouldn't buy a themed one. It's too pricey if it gets lost IMO.

We love magic bands! However I ordered bitbelt for all of ours. It keeps them on. Just to give you another idea. I read about them on here about 3 years ago. I ordered them from Amazon. Cheap!

DW and I debated between going the traditional MB route, or possibly getting Magic Keepers when we get there for our upcoming trip in August. So far, we're leaning MB's. Our fear with the Magic Keepers is that you need to keep track of them instead of wearing them. While we haven't had the new MB's yet (last trip was Nov. of '16), they are a relatively known quantity. We have taken 5 trips, all using MB's, and have not had any issues with the bands themselves falling off. Magic Band-its are a different story though. We're just afraid that if we have to keep track of "loose" items in the Magic Keepers, one is bound to go missing. We thought about getting a retractable badge reel thing for each Magic Keeper, and mounting it on our backpack. However, that would mean that we would HAVE to take our backpack with us on all rides, etc. We don't keep anything valuable in it. Just snacks, diapers for DD, extra clothes for the kids, etc. Nothing we would be overly upset about being stolen, so we like to leave it in the stroller when we're going on a ride, etc. As much as we like the concept, we can't figure out how to make them practical for us, whereas the Magic Bands just get worn like a watch the whole time.

How do you wear the Magic Keepers? I know the one has a carabiner clip, which I could clip onto a belt loop, but DW and the kids don't always wear shorts with belt loops.

You could also clip it to a badge reel or a lanyard.

I clipped mine to my wristlet, which contained my ID, credit card, cash, etc. So, that's not exactly wearing it, but I didn't have to "keep track" of it either because I always had that wristlet with me.

I actually got the Magic Keeper after losing 2 Magic Bands.

You could also clip it to a badge reel or a lanyard.

I clipped mine to my wristlet, which contained my ID, credit card, cash, etc. So, that's not exactly wearing it, but I didn't have to "keep track" of it either because I always had that wristlet with me.

I actually got the Magic Keeper after losing 2 Magic Bands.

The badge reel is definitely something we're considering. I'd just want to make sure that it is secured well and won't fall off.

DW has a phone case that has a spot for her credit card & ID so initially I didn't think that would work. However, now that I think of it, she did get a new one with a wrist loop on it similar to a wristlet. Kids may still need MB's because I can guarantee that they would want to carry their own, and I don't know where they'll put them.

That being said, thanks for the tips! We may yet decide on the keepers.

We got the bitbelts for magic bands. They sell them on amazon. Got 2 pack for 2.99. My son's magic band kept coming un done in the pool but the bitbelt held it on so it never came off his wrist even though it came unsnapped. Worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!