Magic Bands & Gift Cards

I don't believe so. If you are staying on site and charge things using the band you can go to the hotel's front desk and pay it off every day or two. FYI, there is nothing put on the band itself. It just has a number linked to your MDE account.

The magic band is not an account. It just acts as a link to your resort account, park tickets, fast passes, dinner reservations, etc. As fat as I know, you cannot pre-load cash to your resort account. You can however, use gift cards to pay on your resort account balance, pay for meals and purchases.

You can not.

What you can do is go to the front desk before they charge the card connected to the account and pay it off with a gift card instead.

What you can do is go to the front desk before they charge the card connected to the account and pay it off with a gift card instead.

I do this same thing except with cash instead of gift cards. I probably should start using GC’s to get their discounts.

I do this same thing except with cash instead of gift cards. I probably should start using GC’s to get their discounts.

That is why I use GC's when we go. Between my AMEX and the perks of my grocery store, I save 12%. That is 12% more to spend in the parks!

You can not.

This exactly. I do it every time. I just charge everything to my room, then stop at the front desk periodically and pay with gift cards. Nothing is “loaded onto the band,” as the band is just a way to access your MDE account.
Also, if you have a lot of smaller denomination gift cards it might be a good idea to combine them into one or two larger ones via the website. Less for you to keep track of in the the event of a refund, and also so you’re not holding up the front desk person forever by processing twenty $25 gift cards.

Does anyone know if you can load a Disney Gift Card to your magic band for spending?
No. I carry a giftcard with me instead. You can combine gift cards up to $1k at disneygiftcard.com.

I have heard you can charge to your room and pay it off at least 24 hours before check out, but I prefer paying as I go. Just as easy, no pin needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter