Magic Bands At Airport

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi All
Can we just wear our bands thru security and all or do they set something off? I really would have preferred to just get them at check-in, but since they mailed them to us.........

Hi All
Can we just wear our bands thru security and all or do they set something off? I really would have preferred to just get them at check-in, but since they mailed them to us.........
You can wear them.
However, I wait to put ours on until we are near the Disney's Magical Express counter at MCO.
(No point in a chance of losing them before we actually NEED them in Orlando.)

I wear mine through security with no problem. It is no different than a wrist watch or bracelet to TSA (both of which can be worn through security).

My magic band fell off while I was in line or on Expedition Everest. I had taken my backpack on and off to rearrange my stuff, and I assume it fell off one of those times. I didn't notice until I was off the ride. I wouldn't wear it in the airport because I'd be afraid I'd pop it off while shifting bags - and I wouldn't even notice, like at the ride. I keep ours in my carry-on until we get closer to the magic express check in.

We always wear ours for the airport and never had a problem. TSA seems to take no notice of them during screening.

I wear mine through security with no problem. It is no different than a wrist watch or bracelet to TSA (both of which can be worn through security).

I like to wear my wrist watch loose. The face of the watch often slides to the side of my wrist. One time they had to pull me aside at security because my watch looked weird on the new machines. Now I take off my watch before security, and I leave my Magic Band in my carry-on bag.

I know I am allowed to wear them through security, but I like to make that process as easy as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!