Magic Band?

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 children) and are staying off-site and have 4 day passes. I am trying to decide on Magic Bands. My children don't like wearing watches so I know that they won't like wearing a magic band. We plan to purchase Memory Maker. I am thinking that I may just buy one Magic Band for me to wear so that we can use it to scan for Memory Maker and am wondering if we are all linked and if just the kids were in a photo (without us adults), would we have to scan their cards or would it be okay to scan the Magic Band (if we are all linked). Will the only time we need to scan our cards be at the gate and at each fast pass? Anything that I am missing? Thanks!

you do not need MB ( but for a few rides 7DMT, POTCB, and FEA) but for everyone else, you can just tap your band for the ride pictures.

Yes if you get a MB and everyone is linked in your mde then you'll get everyone's photos if their in the same ride vehicle as you. If say adult 1 has a mb and rides with kid 1, then you'll get that photo. But the system won't have anything to tell it to send adult 1 the photos from adult 2 and kid 2.

With no magic bands you'll scan tickets for park entrance and fast pass

You can get by without a MB for photos, but it's a lot easier with it. Some rides might have the screens after the ride turned off so without a mb your only way to get pictures is stop by and talk to a CM. Without a mb you also won't get the ride videos on ToT and 7dmt

If you are doing MM, I would just get Magic Bands for everyone. I don't like wearing watches or bracelets, but I gladly wear my MB! It will make everything, especially photos, easier. Get each person their favorite character, attraction, etc and it will be a great souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter