Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

I have a question about magicbands in general. Do they not send luggage tags with the magicbands anymore. I have a trip in a couple of weeks and got my magicband today, the plain one not an upgraded one, and there was no luggage tag included. On my last two trips in September of 18 and October of 17 we got a luggage tag for each band. No big deal, Im just curious.
Only the solid color ones get the luggage tags. At least with my order in April

Only the solid color ones get the luggage tags. At least with my order in April
That was my experience in July as well. However, ours just arrived for October, and we had luggage tags with the upgraded bands. The tags are only included with a package (if you booked room-only, you won’t get the luggage tags). Both of my vacations (July and October) were packages, and both times I purchased the upgraded bands, yet only the recent one had luggage tags.

I gave up and just went to order solid ones. Went to check out and. IT STILL WOULDN’T LET ME CHECK OUT!

So something is wrong with my account. Will call tomorrow.
Lol well that is concerning for sure
Oh dear

Been stalking a Jack Skellington band for my son all day. I checked at 7:45 and there wasn’t one. Checked again at 7:50 and there was one but it was already sold out. How is that possible?

I have a question about magicbands in general. Do they not send luggage tags with the magicbands anymore. I have a trip in a couple of weeks and got my magicband today, the plain one not an upgraded one, and there was no luggage tag included. On my last two trips in September of 18 and October of 17 we got a luggage tag for each band. No big deal, Im just curious.

I have a party of 16 going. One of our groups received their bands because they had one customized band in the order (so two standard bands, and one upgraded). There were no luggage tags which surprised me because I got them last year. I have a room-only package so far so maybe that's why. Last year I did have the dining plan on the room.

Ah ha! Tried for the elusive Jack Skellington at 4:00 am—out of stock. Tried again 15 minutes later and it went through. So if you have insomnia, take advantage of it to get your bands!

Ah ha! Tried for the elusive Jack Skellington at 4:00 am—out of stock. Tried again 15 minutes later and it went through. So if you have insomnia, take advantage of it to get your bands!
What part of the hour was 15min later?
Eg xx:30, xx:45etc?

What part of the hour was 15min later?
Eg xx:30, xx:45etc?
I think the first time was 4:05 and the second was 4:20. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to figure out if there was a pattern to when the supply was replenished and was not able to identify one. It just seemed random to me. And I was really surprised to see Jack Skellington at 4:05 but get the out of stock message, then see it again at 4:20 (along with a slightly different inventory) and actually be able to buy it. All the other times yesterday it would say out of stock and disappear after a while, and not reappear for many hours. I think the advantage of trying in the night is that you have less competition because people are sleeping.

wonder if anyone can help me with something odd....
my MB page says i ahve 10 days left to order, but i don't check into the hotel until 27 October.... so that would be 30 days out
i thought we had until 11 days out?

we are doing a split stay, but even still, we check into the first hotel on 24 October.

i've been hovering to hope for my premium MB, and i've pretty much given up (probably going to get a decal), but still.... why only 10 days to go, when it should be closer to 20?

wonder if anyone can help me with something odd....
my MB page says i ahve 10 days left to order, but i don't check into the hotel until 27 October.... so that would be 30 days out
i thought we had until 11 days out?

we are doing a split stay, but even still, we check into the first hotel on 24 October.

i've been hovering to hope for my premium MB, and i've pretty much given up (probably going to get a decal), but still.... why only 10 days to go, when it should be closer to 20?

From what I gathered with a rep, it's to choose a regular magic band for the 10 days to go. After that, you can still click and manage your bands and choose a premium up until the 10 day mark of your trip. i.e. I;m Oct 14 and she said Oct 3 would be the last day for me to try to get a premium magic band.

Been stalking a Jack Skellington band for my son all day. I checked at 7:45 and there wasn’t one. Checked again at 7:50 and there was one but it was already sold out. How is that possible?
I was able to snag this for my son for our August trip and he lost it at Typhoon Lagoon.....I was so bummed.

From what I gathered with a rep, it's to choose a regular magic band for the 10 days to go. After that, you can still click and manage your bands and choose a premium up until the 10 day mark of your trip. i.e. I;m Oct 14 and she said Oct 3 would be the last day for me to try to get a premium magic band.
talk about confusing!

Just in case this helps anyone, I just got off the phone with a CSR, and the “We are unable to complete your request” with another message underneath stating “We encountered an error, please try again later”, that I am receiving was probably an "out of Stock" issue even though I wasn't getting that specific message.

The rep I spoke to said that the system is still having issues displaying the message for some of the bands. This makes sense because even though I changed up my selections for most of my party, I've been trying for the past 4 days to get the purple Thanos one. I guess even though it has been displaying as available, it's really out of stock and won't let me complete my purchase because of that.

I was able to snag this for my son for our August trip and he lost it at Typhoon Lagoon.....I was so bummed.

hahaha - DH said that on almost all of the coaster rides, he and my kids saw magic bands laying beside the tracks! Kinda puts things in perspective. But we are 2 oldsters, and hopefully we won't have them fly off. So I think I am going to forget about it for now, as we have tons of time, and just buy some at shop disney as the date gets closer. Gotta stop getting swept up in the crazy, frustrating website!

Grrrr
So literally I have been refreshing the magic band selections every MINUTE because I have a theory

The band I wanted appeared
And within 30seconds of it appearing it has supposedly sold out?!

Any one else have similar issues and frustration?

I'm sooooo annoyed.
How does it literally disappear after 30seconds of being available. Do they put 2 in the inventory?!

At that point, I would just buy them from the disney shop as it's probably not worth the time spent.

I only have 19 days left, but for one week it's almost every time the same MBs. Would love the Halloween, "Fox and the Hound" (my "old" one habe no far-reach and will not be recognized by the camera-rides without touchpoints), Thumper or Pocahontas (only because of Meeko) one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts