Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

There is a new castle magic band for $20. Teal colored. Rainbow Mickey is still OOS argh

We broke down and each got the same Magic Band =
Castle MagicBand
Paid the extra money = $20 each
But at least we get them personalized and DH & DW celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary will have matching bands

On the Disney Store website - no engraving and would have to bring them to the Disney Store in DS and wait 90 minutes for them :(

Been trying everyday, sometimes multiple times per day, to get something other than a solid color. Every time they put one up that I like/want, it tells me it's not available. Frustrating is an understatement!

Being a DVC member, I make my WDW plans at least 7 months in advance. Let me order the band I want. I can wait 6 months for it to arrive. As it is, me and 20,000 of my closest friends spent their waking moments refreshing the magic band selection page, jumping in joy when a desired choice suddenly appears only to curse at the top of my lungs when I see the "out of stock" message.

Been trying to get the BB8 band for my son for over a month now. We now only have 2 days left before the order deadline. Frustrating indeed.

On the Disney Store website - no engraving and would have to bring them to the Disney Store in DS and wait 90 minutes for them :(
Sorry for getting a little off topic, but does DS customize magic bands if you buy them beforehand and then bring them to the store? I’m thinking of buying them on my arrival day or online and would be at DS a couple of days into the trip.
I’ve tried for months to get the ones I want and if they have one I want they don’t have one DSis wants.

It's like an adventure everyday I log in to see if the magic band DH wants is available along with anything I like LOL. He wants to Pluto band (the one with the dog tag on it that says "if found return to Mickey"). I may just go with a plain one if I don't see anything I like. I DID like the castle band but I'm not paying $20 for it.

My white castle magic band came in the mail last Friday - I love it - luckily for me, the others in my party just wanted the plain magic bands. I stalked the site for months trying to get that band, any upgraded magic band really, but I had my heart set on the white one. I didn't believe I had gotten it until it came in the mailbox.. Hold out hope :)

I have taken advantage of split stay and annual pass credits to upgrade 3 magic bands. Now I am stalking the Build-a-Band page for the last upgrade. It is SUPER disappointing to see a desired choice appear only to get the dreaded "out of stock" message at checkout.

Disney would save a lot on shipping and handling (not to mention the cost of solid color "free" bands) if they would just let me pre-order what I want.

My white castle magic band came in the mail last Friday - I love it - luckily for me, the others in my party just wanted the plain magic bands. I stalked the site for months trying to get that band, any upgraded magic band really, but I had my heart set on the white one. I didn't believe I had gotten it until it came in the mailbox.. Hold out hope :)

Mmmmm White Castle....438301

It is the Disney Store in DS who can do the engraving per the Disney phone experts
Not sure if the Disney Stores outside of DS can do engraving inside magic bands

Grrrr
So literally I have been refreshing the magic band selections every MINUTE because I have a theory

The band I wanted appeared
And within 30seconds of it appearing it has supposedly sold out?!

Any one else have similar issues and frustration?

I'm sooooo annoyed.
How does it literally disappear after 30seconds of being available. Do they put 2 in the inventory?!

It took me a couple months but I finally had semi-success! I needed magic bands for 5 kids and had the problem everyone else has had... what you want is gone within seconds. I was finally able to get 1 child his first pick, Thanos. Duplicated it for another child and did the best I could with the given options for the others. They made it to my house within days.... my theory is the closer your vacation date comes the better chance you have of actually having a successful magic band upgrade.

Had exactly the same thing. Refreshed constantly and within seconds of the new bands appearing, they were out of stock.

Yeah, no problem adding the more expensive options. Those, for some reason, are never out of stock.
Because it is so frustrating, I wouldn't mind the $5 more (only $10 instead of $15 discount) if there were at least one appealing design. So far I didn't get 4rd choices earliere because "out of stock" but for the last 10 days there were not even 6th choices available and I check the whole day. Guess I would decline bands at all and using the old ones.

Because it is so frustrating, I wouldn't mind the $5 more (only $10 instead of $15 discount) if there were at least one appealing design. So far I didn't get 4rd choices earliere because "out of stock" but for the last 10 days there were not even 6th choices available and I check the whole day. Guess I would decline bands at all and using the old ones.
It does look like they are adding just a few options every time, not any of our choices too, and at most there were 23 magicbands available at once, even though they promised 35 to choose from to start with. Not to mention, that out of those 23 none were in stock within seconds, besides the free ones.

I saw Belle for the first time in ages. Giving me hope for the Moana band I’ve been stalking.

YES! After waiting for weeks I finally got with the Mickey-Halloween-MB one of my 3 choices for my second stay - although it's after Halloween (as International Guest I only got it at the resort) I'm so glad about it :dogdance: Only missing now is one for the AP...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter